PDA

View Full Version : Preece takes the Judkin's owned 2x to victory lane!!!

RichKeator
02-10-2009, 09:00 PM
Just got home from covering the Terryville High School Boys Basketball game and tuned into speed51. Nice to hear/ read that Ryan Preece took his grandfathers legendary 2x mod to victory lane!!!! Congrats Bob and Ryan!!! Growing up very close to Bob and his family, almost puts a tear in the eye!:applause::applause::applause::cheers:

RGeeProductions
02-10-2009, 09:28 PM
Florida mod that is......
Congrats kid........

RichKeator
02-10-2009, 09:35 PM
Yea I was assuming that when I said Judkins owned that ppl knew it was the Florida mod LOL

Jaws
02-10-2009, 09:44 PM
He wrecked the 2X Tour mod..again. Tough week.

Precision Auto
02-11-2009, 08:17 AM
Congratulations to Bob, Angie, Ryan and crew on their Precision Powered victory! :applause:

This one's for Uncle Bill...:cheers:

ericb160
02-11-2009, 11:14 AM
Congrats Ryan!!!

MJProcko
02-11-2009, 03:52 PM
Is that a different car for Bobby then he had the last few seasons up there. I didn't get a good look at it Friday night since the motor blew before I realized it was on the track during time trials.

Precision Auto
02-11-2009, 05:55 PM
Is that a different car for Bobby then he had the last few seasons up there. I didn't get a good look at it Friday night since the motor blew before I realized it was on the track during time trials.

From Norm, Bobby's engine builder: The car is a Florida Modified, built by Bobby himself. Engine-wise: we supply all parts, do all machining and Bobby assembles the engine himself.

The engine that "blew" the first night, did not, in fact, blow up. It had a problem in the valve train, which was fixed at Bobby's garage, along with Ryan's Tour Modified.

Hope this answers your question........Linda Case, Precision Automotive, Inc.

scott
02-12-2009, 07:12 PM
How did the kangaroo's do?

MJProcko
02-14-2009, 02:16 PM
From Norm, Bobby's engine builder: The car is a Florida Modified, built by Bobby himself. Engine-wise: we supply all parts, do all machining and Bobby assembles the engine himself.

The engine that "blew" the first night, did not, in fact, blow up. It had a problem in the valve train, which was fixed at Bobby's garage, along with Ryan's Tour Modified.

Hope this answers your question........Linda Case, Precision Automotive, Inc.

Thanks Linda, it's good to know he gets his motors from up North still and that it helped him get that win against those factory imca mods. I knew Bob built the car, I just didn't know if he had built a new one from last year.

I had the pleasure of learning about Bob's cars one night. It was early in the Riverside season and Reggie had started off the season with a few wins with the new candy apple #11. In the upper lot later that evening I asked Bob and Danny what did the raceworks car have figured out? He let me know that his car was just fine and that he just needed to get rid of the hockey pucks they were using for tires. Despite having just recently have meet me a few weeks earlier, he was kind enough to share with me the history of the 2x, the cars, all the drivers of the 2x and even the reason behind the number which continued into the wee hours over at a small pub in Broad Brook (name withheld). Driving home as the sun was coming up I was very fortunate with the history lesson I had just recieved. As to the genius of Bob, well he soon switched tires (namebrand witheld) and there was a new (old) car in victory lane and they were off to a track championship.

Precision Auto
02-14-2009, 04:00 PM
Isn't it awesome when someone who has been in the sport for as long as Bobby has, takes the time to talk with fans, etc. And to share all the history is just something you can't buy. Hearing it firsthand is priceless.

Bobby and Angie have been friends and customers for 25 years and Norm and I appreciate everyone of those years.

I was so happy to see Ryan get a win for his grandfather. I'm waiting for a victory lane photo to see who has the bigger smile!

Linda

Howie
02-14-2009, 04:31 PM
I was so happy to see Ryan get a win for his grandfather. I'm waiting for a victory lane photo to see who has the bigger smile! Linda

I'd say Ryan, but that is a pretty big smile for Grandpa too. http://jimdupontphotos.smugmug.com/gallery/7326089_F5eh7#P-2-15

RichKeator
02-14-2009, 05:13 PM
How did the kangaroo's do?

Im guessing you're talking about the Terryville basketball team... well 16-0 berkshire leauge champs.... first time in 14 years that they've won the tittle... still 2 weeks left in the boys bball season

Precision Auto
02-14-2009, 06:12 PM
I'd say Ryan, but that is a pretty big smile for Grandpa too. http://jimdupontphotos.smugmug.com/gallery/7326089_F5eh7#P-2-15

Howie: Thanks for putting the link up to the pictures........:applause: