PDA

View Full Version : Jeff Gravatt To Handle Public And Media Relations And Sponsorships At Wall

RGeeProductions
02-24-2009, 10:20 PM
JEFF GRAVATT TO HANDLE PUBLIC AND MEDIA RELATIONS AND SPONSORSHIPS AT WALL TOWNSHIP SPEEDWAY

Jeff Gravatt, who served Wall Stadium for years as the media and public relations director, sponsorship director and speedway announcer when the Nicol family operated the third mile paved oval, will return to those duties at the shore speedway this season as promoter Jim Morton opens Wall Township Speedway for the 2009 campaign.

“Like many people, I have a real soft spot in my heart for this race track,” Gravatt said. “I have had some wonderful times there and have made a lot of friends there over the years. Jim Morton did a great job when he reopened the track for last November’s Turkey Derby and I like the ideas he has for this year and beyond to return the track to its former glory.

“I am proud that he has asked me to be a part of it.”

For years the Brick (N.J.) resident not only held the media and public relations director, sponsorship director and speedway announcer positions at the track, but also hosted and produced a local cable television program along with promoting racecar shows in area malls that helped promote the sport. Gravatt has also helped countless area racing teams with their sponsorship efforts.

Once the speedway office reopens in early March, he can be reached at 732-681-6400. Gravatt can always be reached via email at wallspeedwaypr@yahoo.com.
After not hosting competition in 2008, with the exception of the overwhelming successful “Turkey Derby” race in late-November, Wall Township Speedway is set for action in 2009. The busy schedule will feature professional auto racing and several types of “special events” that should offer everyone who lives in or visits New Jersey something of interest. Morton also mentioned that news will be coming out soon about the return of the “Sunday Series” on the “inner oval” featuring go-karts and other small car divisions.

In addition to the auto racing events, Morton is currently working with various promoters in an effort to bring other “family friendly” shows and events to the Wall Township stadium this season. Details will be announced soon.

Wall Township Speedway is located on Route 34 in Wall Township , N.J. , just one mile north of Garden State Parkway exit 98 and Interstate 195 exit 35B. More information is available at www.wallspeedway.com (http://www.wallspeedway.com). The speedway hotline, 732-681-6400, will be operational as soon as the speedway office reopens for the season.

Jeff Gravatt

worm
02-25-2009, 08:06 PM
wall now has a chance to stay alive with jeff there