PDA

View Full Version : Wall Stadium Video

Howie
02-24-2009, 10:27 PM
Saw an interesting video on Fox's Whacked Out Sports show the other night. It is from Wall and I'm guessing Tony Ferrante Jr. driving. Click Here (http://www.giloscafe.com/ngn/stuff/3x.wmv)

Bullfrog
02-25-2009, 11:53 AM
he had real good form on that one....I give him an 8.5!!!

chrome horn
02-25-2009, 11:42 PM
Here are some of the still shots my father shot of this wreckClick here and keep hitting next (http://longislandjam.com/news/specials/2005/ferrante2005/slides/6105750-R6-018-7A.html)

Bullfrog
02-26-2009, 08:47 AM
That is some awesome photography. It always amazes me that you can get these shots as its happening. It happens so fast, it truly takes talent to be able to get the sequence so perfect and clear. The most memorable shot is the finish from Martinsville with Geoff Bodine and Richie Evans. My dad was in the infield with a camera and got a lot of the wreck, but every picture was a blurry mess. Then, you see Howie's pictures and they are perfect through out the entire wreck. Kudos to our talented photographers who bring us these awesome photos week after week.:applause:

BF

Pnewsham
02-26-2009, 09:27 AM
WOW.. That was around 1992, (Turkey Derby),,, I was sitting in the first turn and was hit with part of the wooden fence..
To this day I have the board sitting in my garage.. (2’ long x 1’ wide)… A guy sitting to my right got hit in the head with a bolt right between the eyes..(bled like a son-of- a- gun)

chrome horn
02-26-2009, 11:25 AM
A little side note I believe that race was also John Blewett III's first tour type modified race. He's driving the number 5

Jill
03-01-2009, 09:44 PM
WOW.. That was around 1992, (Turkey Derby),,, I was sitting in the first turn and was hit with part of the wooden fence..
To this day I have the board sitting in my garage.. (2’ long x 1’ wide)… A guy sitting to my right got hit in the head with a bolt right between the eyes..(bled like a son-of- a- gun)

Yeah, I remember that accident. I was sitting behind the flag stand scoring (in those days they used manual scorers for the Turkey Derby) and when he flipped, I grabbed the man's leg who was sitting to the right of me! (I have that reaction when I see something that scares me.) I apologized, but he didn't mind, lol.