PDA

View Full Version : Whelen Modified Tour Car Owner Don King Tabs Woody Pitkat For His Seat In 2009

ShawnCourchesne
02-25-2009, 03:44 PM
Whelen Modified Tour Car Owner Don King Tabs Woody Pitkat For His Seat In 2009 ( http://blogs.courant.com/autoracing/2009/02/whelen-modified-tour-car-owner.html)

RichKeator
02-25-2009, 03:57 PM
Good to hear one of Staffords finest having a full time time on the tour

MXCHAMP04
02-26-2009, 02:01 PM
I think this is a mistake. I would have picked Coby, Hirschman, or Hossfeld over Woody.

Bobby1717
02-26-2009, 02:08 PM
I woulod have to agree. When you at Matt H. and Chuck sitting there without a ride its tough to pass on them. I would even take Keith Rocco over Woody if i was an owner.

MXCHAMP04
02-26-2009, 02:54 PM
I agree with the Rocco thing too. I realy don't think Woody is all that good with big horse power cars. He's OK in the minor stuff of stafford, but doesn't have it for the tour.

MJProcko
02-26-2009, 02:55 PM
Aren't the 28's raceworks cars? Wouldn't that preclude Matt (troyer dealer) from the car and weren't folks saying the reason Chuck didn't do well in the 79 was becasue it was a raceworks car? Woody is talented and works on the cars so he is already employed by the King's and knows those cars inside and out. With the amount of the races are at Thompson and Stafford, tracks where Woody is a track champion it's not a bad move at all. In the Pitkat/Rocco battle I'd take Rocco becasue I like the kid and he reminds me of his Dad but Woody has more than earned a shot in that car and has plenty of talent so I think he'll do just fine.

RichKeator
02-26-2009, 05:42 PM
MJProcko touched on it, and i believe King was quoted in Shawn's article. The big thing that helped the choice was that Woody works full time in the shop, and he knows the ins and outs of the cars... gotta think that with his long link with Davidson food company...(only my speculation) that maybe we'll be seeing them on the car somewhere too... everything the guy has been in, even when he ran the Toyota showdown a few years ago Davidson has been on the car

MOD11RACER
02-26-2009, 05:44 PM
Matt Hirschman is Troyer only and I do not see any Troyer rides open on the WMT. Matt and Chuck could run there own Modifieds on the Tour.

kja819
03-04-2009, 04:53 PM
Dave Roe (owner of Davidson Food) passed away last year and what I heard from the kids was the racing was not going to be like it was last year. If they were even back at all.

Lugnuts
03-04-2009, 07:00 PM
As far as Hirschman and Hossfeld go, I have to agree they are both good drivers. I will also agree as previously said Matt Hirschman and his father run a Troyer shop so one would think they could muster up there own sponsorship and run one of there own cars. If he does sit out the 09 season I think the only one to blame there would be them. As far as Chuck goes I hated to see him lose his ride, however as I posted on another thread, Donny had a very impressive 07 season so I believe Bob Garbarino put him in the car in hopes of a possible repeat. Chuck owns his own car and I believe he works for Troyer. If he really wants to race maybe he could work something out with troyer, I believe troyer also has there new body version modified that he ran at the NS shootout.