PDA

View Full Version : Modifieds at Bristol Question.

btgoss
02-25-2009, 06:38 PM
The first (and only?) test of the Tour type Modifieds at Bristol is over.
L.W. Miller was the fastest time I had seen at just over 130mph with a lap time of 14.7 seconds.
The cars are using the New Hampshire restrictor plate and gear ratio, and will have to run with wheel tethers.
So this brings up my question, and I hope there is someone here who can answer it.
It would seem to me that by running with a restrictor plate and mandated gear ratio, that Nascar has made this into something of a momentum race for the Modifieds. Won't this cause freight train racing?
I agree that package works at New Hampshire, but they have much more room to move. Is this package going to kill this race before it has a chance to move past the novelty phase?

I am not trying to look a gift horse in the mouth, this race could be huge for the division. If someone at Speed can manage to get this race broadcast live (maybe telling them it is a live episode of Unique Whips or something), this could build into something really special. I would just hate for this race to be boring.

maestri fan 1
02-28-2009, 10:46 PM
Well, first off, Ted Christopher set the track record with out a plate though. Last I heard it wasn't definate they were going to run the plate. I hope they don't. Go to youtube.com and in the search bar type in Nascar modifieds at Bristol, they have a few videos up, and Ted talks about how they aren't sure about the plate.

catfish
03-01-2009, 02:12 PM
Not a track record,they ran some windeg sprints back a few years ago and they ran ran low 14's

Richie25
03-02-2009, 03:08 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WRoGLHkO_1Y&feature=related

now thats awsome!!!