PDA

View Full Version : Congratulations to TheChromeHorn.com

Tracy87BB
02-27-2009, 08:21 AM
On behalf of sister site LongIslandJam.com, I want to congratulate Richie and his dedicated staff of volunteers on their Speedy Award nomination for Best Series or Track Coverage. The nomination in itself is an honor, and speaks volumes about the caliber of people involved. I know that it is no small task to put something like this together, and it makes me proud to be a part of RacerHub.

Congratulations and good luck!

RGeeProductions
02-27-2009, 10:15 AM
Thank you Tracy.
It was a shock to see us nominated.
It is really nice to see that we were nominated and that we have a great following of fans.
Thanks goes out to everyone that has had anything to do with The Chrome Horn over the last 2 years.
Hopefully, more to come.....

Precision Auto
02-27-2009, 10:18 AM
Richie and Company: Awesome..............:applause: :applause: :applause:

ModTourMan
02-27-2009, 07:45 PM
Huzzah for The Chrome Horn! Good luck!

Jaws
02-27-2009, 08:14 PM
You guys set the bar high.

Thanks for a place to come and chat too!

Great Job!

Geno
02-27-2009, 11:36 PM
Congrats to Richie and everyone involved with TCH:cheers:

Awesome job (as always):)

chrome horn
02-28-2009, 12:44 AM
I'm pretty honored not only to be nominated, but with such great nominees. Shawn is looking to repeat (rightfully so if he does) and Travis is a great to read. Speed51 is a one stop for alot of news. I'm still kind of in awe that two years ago Richie and I started this little deal, and with the help of so many people, that we never expected, here we all are. Win or lose Sunday, I'm proud of this site. Thank you to Linda and Norm Case, Ted Baxter, the Hodges and everyone that contributes to the site. To everyone who has supported this since we started and those that have come on board since the merger, I thank you for putting us in a position to even be considered for an award like this.

KyleMac45
02-28-2009, 02:19 PM
Congrats to TCH! I just hope TCH wins and I win for Fan of the Year! :cheers:

Kyle McGowan

bru-races
02-28-2009, 03:03 PM
A job well done at TCH!!!!!!Thank ya all for an awesome site!:cheers:

kinserfan11
03-01-2009, 12:01 AM
Congrats Richie; well deserved :cheers:

RGeeProductions
03-01-2009, 03:34 PM
I have just received a call from Howie and it's official. We, The Chrome Horn have won the:

Best Series or Track Coverage, 2009 Speedy Award
Awarded to the publication, broadcast or web medium that provides outstanding coverage of auto racing.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I now want to start with thank you's. It is ALL of us that won this award.
JA...Thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you!!!!
For everything. Friendship, trust, guidance, letting us do this......Nothing I could say or do could show you how much this has meant to me. thanks buddy....
Fran Lawlor....Without Fran and myself meeting, this website would have never happened. His pictures and my posting the WMT news for LIJam started it all. Thanks for being a friend and for keeping those pictures coming, despite what was happening at the time. Kielbasi and Birch Beer for all!!!!
Ted Baxter with his support back to LIJam reporting the tour. Ted has stayed with us into the new website and we thank you.
Precision Automotive, Linda & Norm Case, for support, chat, sponsorship, contests, friendship, etc, etc... Our #1 main sponsor/supporters!! Thanks so much for everything!!!
Howie & Mary Hodge. In a strange turn of events, Howie & Mary found themselves a home here and they have been great addition with photos, insight, connections, friendship, information, moderation, suggestions, help in running the site, etc, etc.... Howie, Mary, thanks for trusting Fran and myself on this venture. Thanks!!!!
Robert Everhart. Bob has been with us since day #1 with pictures from the Whelen Southern Modified Tour. Without Robert, we wouldn't have had any photo coverage. Thanks Robert for being a big part of us.
Jim & Denise DuPont...WOW, What a team. Such dedication to the sport and a great attribute to TCH. We thank you so much for your LIVE updates, photos and insight at race time. Thank you both so much.
Mike Mercurio. Our lastest photographer, transfered from LIJam to down south coverage. Thanks Mike for awesome shots of the Southern Modifieds.

Now I know I will miss someone here but will do my best to cover everyone who has had something to do with TCH.
Thanks also to those who made a difference;
Rev. Don Rivers, Racing With Jesus Ministries, ASI Sportswear, Phil and Jill Chastenay II, Tracy Chirico, Mike Clayton, Carey & Coffey, Jason Cunningham, Gary Danko, Robert Everhart, Mike Fields, Christina Grodski, Reid Grodski, Brian Hawks, Hampton Jitney, The Late Peter Lawlor, Jeff Martz, Dave & Hazel Meredith, Walter Newcomb, Tom Ormsby, Program Dynamics Inc., Remember When? Photography, Polly Reid, Alex Rogovin, Speed51, Stafford Motor Speedway, Amanda Suhoski, Sunset Graphics, Christina "Tina" Smith, Phil Smith, Walter Stubbs, Thompson International Speedway, modseriesscene.com, thespeedwaylinereport.com, vintagemodifieds.com, Matt Wiernasz, Spencer Speedway and the loving memory of Lou Cady

AND, the teams, drivers, fans, members and especially those who nominated us!!!!
:cheers:THANKS!!!!!:cheers:

LiquidBread
03-01-2009, 03:47 PM
Well done to all!

Tracy87BB
03-01-2009, 04:02 PM
Congratulations Richie and crew! What an awesome accomplishment. Keep up the great work!

Precision Auto
03-01-2009, 04:07 PM
Richie: What an awesome testament to a lot of people.......and now it's my turn to thank you, Richie, for all you've done for us. :applause:

You've allowed so many people to bring their creativity to The Chrome Horn, which, in turn, has made this site what it is. And when it comes to creativity, you are the man! The graphics, the cars, the everything. It's always fresh and updated. :applause:

Norm and I are so proud to be a part of "The Chrome Horn Team"....thanks to all for making this our home. :cheers:

Linda and Norm, Precision Automotive, Inc.

Reidonly
03-01-2009, 04:55 PM
Congrats TCH on both the nomination and the win! This is an amazing site and community and I am so happy to see how this has grown from an idea to what it is now in the last few years. Job well done to you dad, Fran, Howie & Mary, and everyone else involved in making this place what it is today. I am happy to be a part of this place in a tiny way whenever I can help out.

:applause::applause::applause::applause::applause:

KyleMac45
03-01-2009, 05:15 PM
Congrats to RGEE and TCH! Hey RGEE did you hear anything from Howie aobut myself winning? Or Turkey Derby Winning?

Kyle

Teds Race Tours
03-01-2009, 05:46 PM
AWESOME. Nobody was more deserving of this award. WAY TO GO!!!!!

mattphoto
03-01-2009, 06:16 PM
Richie I am very proud !!!! You, howie, mary, fran, and ja and everyone else has put a lot of hard work into this. Thank you so much for giving me the opportunity to write stories. Congrats richie !!!!

Axel
03-01-2009, 06:56 PM
Congrats to the entire Chrome Horn staff. What an honor.

This is great to hear and it could not happen to a better bunch of people. Congrats again!
-Axel

RGeeProductions
03-01-2009, 07:33 PM
Congrats to RGEE and TCH! Hey RGEE did you hear anything from Howie aobut myself winning? Or Turkey Derby Winning?
Kyle

Kyle, I was on AIM with your brother telling him about 4-4:30!!! I guess he didn't tell you at that time...:disgusted

And thank you all.
Remember, as I said, it is all the above people that makes it what it is.
I just try to put it all together.....

TJ1976
03-01-2009, 08:37 PM
Congrats for putting an awesome site together

Tim Jensen

ModTourMan
03-01-2009, 09:12 PM
Congrats! Well earned!

phillie
03-01-2009, 09:13 PM
Congrats!! We love the Chrome Horn! Glad we were able to contribute a little bit and Thanks for Thanking us!

Phil & Jill Chastenay

Remember When? Photography

JED
03-01-2009, 09:28 PM
A big Congratulations to TCH on the award.

From us, thanks for letting us be a part. You have carried Lou's vision forward.

holleratme
03-01-2009, 10:19 PM
GREAT JOB. Well Deserved Award:cheers:

broz
03-01-2009, 11:57 PM
Well buddy you did it! So proud of TCH and the community that supports it! You've been heard loud and clear :applause: Now sit back and enjoy this for 5 minutes?
Thanks for keeping this "out of touch" soul informed about what is going on in the WMT! Hope to "see" you soon!

chrome horn
03-02-2009, 12:47 AM
I am genuinely in awe. We don't do this website for notoriety or fame, we do it out of love and that unique obsession we ALL have with the 700 horsepower groundpounders. I was sincere in my happiness about just being nominated, but to have been selected, I'm amazed.
I'd like to thank EVERYONE involved, Sponsors contributors and most of all the community that comes here to check the news, post on the forum and even those that just come and "lurk" I thank you all.

Richie summed it up in his post. I just want to add to Richie, thank you for all your work. I don't know how you find the time to keep things fresh around here. Thanks for not letting me walk away almost 5 years ago.

MOD JUNKIE
03-02-2009, 09:01 AM
Congrats to the TCH crew and all that help with news and coverage.
The best series with the best site to cover it !.......

cndnj1
03-07-2009, 12:28 PM
:applause: Hope for many more to come. Great people here and great pictures too. Also looking back at all these roads we have traveled on this internet we still have Lou Cady to thank for starting our Modified info source leading to such a great website of info for us to play in. Thanks