PDA

View Full Version : Six Flags to file for Chapter 11 bankruptcy

ThE sHaDoW
03-14-2009, 09:36 PM
New York-based Six Flags said this week that it may need to file for Chapter 11 bankruptcy if it can't reach a deal to restructure almost $300 million in preferred stock, which is due in August.

so how's that stupid roller coaster treating you now?:mad::mad::mad::mad:
I will be the first to throw a party the day this happens.

jfp711
03-14-2009, 10:10 PM
I hear ya Shadow....

Precision Auto
03-14-2009, 10:17 PM
Well, as they say in the amusement park business:

"like a roller coaster: what goes around comes around"

We're not shedding a tear over this one.....Linda and Norm

oleblue
03-14-2009, 10:43 PM
i will not cry even a liitle bit for six flags, they demolinshed one of the best short tracks in the country for a little bit of quick cash, till this day i still remember the great races at the park. seeing steve park becoming a great modified racer boy do i wish this track was still around today

RGeeProductions
03-14-2009, 11:32 PM
What was and now is..... (http://www.thechromehorn.com/graphics/riversidepark.htm)

http://www.thechromehorn.com/graphics/riversidepark.jpg

Howie
03-14-2009, 11:46 PM
So that's what it looks like. Haven't been near the place since the track closed.

TJ1976
03-15-2009, 12:02 AM
I say lets throw a party across the street the day Superman gets demolished

Serves them mother @#$#@!'s right for what they did to the Park

holleratme
03-15-2009, 08:08 AM
I say lets throw a party across the street the day Superman gets demolished

Serves them mother @#$#@!'s right for what they did to the Park

Best track ever.......Who do you think should be the MC for the party:applause:

Precision Auto
03-15-2009, 08:35 AM
Best track ever.......Who do you think should be the MC for the party:applause:

Our vote for MC: Bob Polverari........

Insane
03-15-2009, 10:12 AM
If that place gos under,Im buying the first round at the party! Shots To!

TJ1976
03-15-2009, 10:14 AM
Bob Polverari would be a good choice....after all, hes won 5 track championships at Riverside :cheers:

Precision Auto
03-15-2009, 10:48 AM
Bob Polverari would be a good choice....after all, hes won 5 track championships at Riverside :cheers:

He also won the last modified race......plus he's a great story teller!! And he'll bring corn on the cob to go with the free beer and shots!!

JED
03-15-2009, 11:13 AM
This does make my smile, but as the local news here points out if they do file business will go on as usual. They will just reorganize.

ThE sHaDoW
03-15-2009, 12:16 PM
This does make my smile, but as the local news here points out if they do file business will go on as usual. They will just reorganize.

one can only hope that it's the beginning of the end.

mattphoto
03-15-2009, 05:13 PM
I was shocked to hear the news about Six Flags filing chapter 11

holleratme
03-15-2009, 06:02 PM
Hows bout I haul the grill up for Big Gino and scoop up a couple of 2 litre bottles of Adult Beverages. :applause:

LiquidBread
03-15-2009, 09:27 PM
Hey Shadow, dead on as usual. I just laid in a barrel batch of Scotch Ale that I'd be willing to contribute to the party. 5 cases, racked, and ready to go about Easter time.

It seems to me that over the years with very few exceptions, those in it solely for the quick buck end up going down in flames, and those who have the sport at heart first usually come out okay. I realize that we're not talking Catholic Charities here, but making a living is different than being a greedy slob. Rot in the ground Six Flags ...

TnLRacing
03-16-2009, 09:40 PM
I will be right there with everybody the day that place goes under! To this day my kids still can't understand why we can't go to any " cool" amuesment parks. If I find out it is a Premier Parks owned park they don't get a single dime of my money!

modfan4ever
03-17-2009, 11:53 PM
I hope the park owners are reading this..they ruined a good thing

limodmaniac
03-18-2009, 06:13 AM
Tear it down and build a racetrack!

TJ1976
03-18-2009, 07:17 AM
tear It Down And Build A Racetrack!

Bring Back The Park!!!

bud
03-18-2009, 12:22 PM
circling the rides. The contour is still there........i bet the pavement is too

Howie
03-18-2009, 12:26 PM
I was told that the pavement from the track was used as fill at Mototown USA under the clay for the motocross/oval. Kind of an ironic twist if it was.

RichKeator
03-18-2009, 02:53 PM
too bad the bleachers were bought... maybe we could have got a BRING BACK THE PARK website going... but then again, how many times have you been behind a car with the BRING BACK THE WHALERS sticker on it...

Would be nice to be at the park again on a saturday night

JED
03-18-2009, 03:48 PM
The pavement was removed almost immediately.
I had never heard that is where the asphalt actually went. I have a piece of the start/finish line.
Ted Hebert has the bleachers. They are in storage somewhere. I can't remember where though. I did read somewhere that Monadnock was going to install some of the old Park bleachers.

ModTourMan
03-18-2009, 08:06 PM
One of my favorite all-time tracks...wasted for the passing fancy of an amusement ride and the quick buck it brought the park. Such a unique location for a speedway. It should have been promoted by the amusement park more effectively. There had to have been fresh faces out in the Park every week that could have been enticed to check out the thrills on the track!

Precision Auto
03-18-2009, 08:25 PM
Both Norm and I have such great memories of Riverside Park and The Racetrack.

It was so unique and so much fun on a Saturday night. I still remember the last race, driving up the hill in our pit Jeep, loaded with engine parts.....and not being able to look back as we left for the last time.

I understand that times change, but just once it would be awesome if a large corporation could see past their dollar signs (which apparently aren't doing that well) and see the uniqueness of what Riverside Park and The Track really were.

JMHO.........Linda

TJ1976
03-19-2009, 03:56 AM
circling the rides. The contour is still there........i bet the pavement is too

I've walked around there and can feel where the track used to be in some places.

chrome horn
03-19-2009, 11:36 AM
but then again, how many times have you been behind a car with the BRING BACK THE WHALERS sticker on it...

Not funny Rich. :mad:

Axel
03-19-2009, 01:13 PM
Fran-- I feel your pain bud...

Vive Le Expos (1969 - 2005)

chrome horn
03-19-2009, 10:23 PM
If the park was to ever re-open, maybe Coco LeBoy, "la gran orang" and Ron Francis will do an autograph session:cheers:

Axel
03-20-2009, 06:00 AM
They've all told me they were big fans of the Park whenever they got Saturday nitghts off. Le Grande Orange is still a big Polverari fan. It think CocCo always rooted for the Reg. As for El Presidente, I he would stay local and go to Deaux Montagnes Speedway.

fastbackss
03-20-2009, 06:56 PM
One of the head honchos of Six Flags was on Jim Rome's radio show today.

He said that Six Flags is doing better than ever, and that they actually had their best year in 2008. The problem is that when the current Management took over, there was already a tremendous debt load (something like $2.3B!!!). They cannot offload real estate to generate cash due to the economy, and they cannot get any money lent to them for the same reason.

So, they are trying to convert debt to equity, but one of their current lienholders is being obstinate. They are trying to work it out with them, but they are pursuing means through the court in order to ensure their viability.

WhelanModFan
03-21-2009, 07:56 AM
so how's that stupid roller coaster treating you now?:mad::mad::mad::mad:
I will be the first to throw a party the day this happens.

Please invite me to that party. Nothing makes me happier than to see YUPPIES cry.

:cheers: