PDA

View Full Version : 2009 Precision Automotive/TCH Top 5 Contest Rules & Information

RGeeProductions
03-15-2009, 09:00 PM
The Top 5 contest for 2009 begins here

http://www.thechromehorn.com/news/2009/features/2009top5/titlelogo.png
1. TO PLAY: Any forum member may make picks, provided they have their REAL First and Last Name in their registered profile. This is the only real requirement to be a member in our forums and registration is FREE.

2. PICKING: Picks will consist of a "Pole Winner/Heat Pole Winner", determined by NASCAR, and the "Top 5" finishers, again, as determined by NASCAR's official finish.

IMPORTANT: Picks will be posted in this fashion,
PLEASE, THIS IS IMPORTANT AS THEY WILL NOT COUNT:

36-Ted Christopher

1. 16 Mike Stefanik
2. 36 Ted Christopher
3. 2 Todd Szegedy
4. 3 Ryan Preece
5. 99 Jamie Tomaino

Driver name takes preference over car number.
Please do not use special formatting. No need for bold or size as above, but post in this fashion. With the number of the position first, it makes it 100% easier to figure points.

3. GENERAL POSTING OF PICKS: All picks must be posted before time trials/heats start. Any picks after such time or any posts edited after such time will be considered void, period. There will be more than enough time to pick therefore there will be no exceptions after qualifying starts. Also, if member makes 2 or more seperate posts of picks, only the first post will count. You can hit the edit button to change picks so there should be no need for multiple posts.

4. UNABLE TO POST PICKS IN TIME: In the case that a member may be away and can't post, another member may put up that member's picks. Just on the 1st line above the pole pick, note what member the picks are for. OR, you may PM or email me with your picks and as long as it is received before qualifying, they will be added.

5. POSTING PICKS: I will start the Top 5 threads approx. 1 week ahead of each race.

6. RACERHUB PERSONNEL: Any Chrome Horn and Racerhub personnel can play but will not count toward the prizes: the next in line will move up one spot at the end of the contest. As Chrome Horn and Racerhub personnel can play, but not be awarded prize money, Linda and Norm Case will donate $50.00 to www.autismspeaks.org, if any of the above mentioned personnel finishes in the Top 5 end-of-the-year points.

7. POINTS: The point system will be the same as last year. 10 for pole and 10 for each dead on pick. 1 point will be deducted from each position away the finish is from the pick, UP or DOWN from the pick; EXCEPT the pole pick. You have it or you don't on the pole. Pole picks WILL NOT COUNT when there is a cancellation of time trials for any reason and cars are started according to NASCAR points. All will get 0 points if this happens.

8. CONTEST: This contest will not be copied or point system used for any other game within TCH forum. All rights are reserved to Precision Automotive and The Chrome Horn at all times.

9. TOP 5 SCHEDULE: The Top 5 contest will follow the WMT 14 race schedule. In the event of a cancelled race or any other grace of god reason a race can not have reasonable time to have members pick their picks, we, Precision Automotive and The Chrome Horn, reserve the right to add an additional race to make the Top 5 a 14 race contest. The North South Shootout had been added 2 times to make this up and we may have to again, only if needed.

10. SCOREBOARD: As soon as the unofficial finish is posted, I usually go over the thread and add the points there. You can keep checking the thread, which will be closed after qualifying starts, to check your points. Remember, they will be the unofficial finish. I do not add to the scoreboard till the official results are released. This could be 1 to 4 days following a race. If you see something added wrong, please PM me here in the forum.
I will update and post the current scoreboard only after NASCARS OFFICIAL finish is released.
The Scoreboard can be found here (http://www.racerhub.com/forum/showthread.php?t=17532).

11. CONTEST POINTS:
The ending Top 5 in points will receive:
1st: $250.00
2nd: $150.00
3rd: $100.00
4th: $ 75.00
5th: $ 50.00

Good Luck To All
Precision Automotive
The Chrome Horn

Teds Race Tours
03-15-2009, 09:04 PM
I'm glad you have my name under Axel and Linda, cuz that won't happen all year. game on.

Precision Auto
03-15-2009, 09:09 PM
To my Touched Trio rivals; aka TBax and Axel:

Note on the sample scorecard that I am already ahead of you..:mad: :mad:

Let this be my official notice that the Top 5 gams has begun.....:lol:

May the best woman finish ahead of the "boys" :applause:

See ya later.......:wave:

Sincerely, Linda (the female member of The Touched Trio)

P.S. TBax: It's okay to dream. I like that quality in a person........

RGeeProductions
03-15-2009, 09:11 PM
May The Games Begin!!!! Lol
BTW: The sample page has been updated!!!!

Axel
03-16-2009, 02:31 PM
Jeez, I am away for a weekend and your supposed friends gang up on you! I will not dignify any of these posts by replying!

I am the 2008 Touched Trio Champ and you better learn to live with it. ;)

2009 will be the same for Axel.

Precision Auto
03-16-2009, 03:07 PM
Jeez, I am away for a weekend and your supposed firends gang up on you! I will not dignify any of these posts by replying!

I am the 2008 Touched Trio Champ and you better learn to live with it. ;)

2009 will be the same for Axel.

Axel: By the end of 2009 you will be saying: "I was the Touched Trio Champ" but now I have to learn to live with being in third place among The Touched Trio, where I am most comfortable......:lol:

KyleMac45
03-16-2009, 06:38 PM
Ok... Not to interupt of the "Touched" Trio" BUT I will be on my game this year!!! SO WATCH OUT!!! :lol:

Good Luck to ALL!

Kyle M.

Precision Auto
03-16-2009, 06:53 PM
Ok... Not to interupt of the "Touched" Trio" BUT I will be on my game this year!!! SO WATCH OUT!!! :lol:

Good Luck to ALL!

Kyle M.

Kyle: May I be the first of the Touched Trio to tell you that I shall tromp all over you this year! At the end of the year, you'll see me doing this: :wave:
as I sit atop the points and wave at you at the bottom of the list!!

All in good fun.........I can't wait for this year to start........lol........Linda

ModTourMan
03-16-2009, 07:57 PM
Oh, it's The Top Five contest...that explains alot about my results last year.

Axel
03-16-2009, 08:50 PM
If I can remind evyone, this was Russ' picks from the World Series last year.

Pole: Ray Haroun

1 Red Foote
2 Bobby Allison
3 Red Farmer
4 Red Grange
5 Red Buttons
6 Eno Lirpasti

ModTourMan
03-17-2009, 08:01 PM
If I can remind evyone, this was Russ' picks from the World Series last year.

Pole: Ray Haroun

1 Red Foote
2 Bobby Allison
3 Red Farmer
4 Red Grange
5 Red Buttons
6 Eno Lirpasti

I'll be the first to admit it...I'm not very good. Others here playing the Top Five contest will be showered with riches, glory and celebratory dinners. I'll never get a dinner. But, as the late Red Buttons would often remind us, others never got a dinner either...

"Paul Revere who wore nothing but a raincoat and said, "I will flash one if by land, two if by sea." Never got a dinner. Alexander Graham Bell's wife who said to Alexander on their wedding night, 'Sorry your three minutes are up'. Never got a dinner. Dr. Spock who said 'Never raise your hands to your kids, it leaves your groin unprotected'. Never got a dinner!"

Precision Auto
03-17-2009, 08:14 PM
Russ: It isn't all about the money, it's fun. The first year I did great and last year I was a total bomb....and I took some serious ribbing. But in this world of uncertainty that we live in, we at least need an outlet and a reason to let off some steam. I'd like to think that the Top 5 contest gives us that.

Hope you'll be joining us this year........Linda Case

ModTourMan
03-17-2009, 08:38 PM
Russ: It isn't all about the money, it's fun. The first year I did great and last year I was a total bomb....and I took some serious ribbing. But in this world of uncertainty that we live in, we at least need an outlet and a reason to let off some steam. I'd like to think that the Top 5 contest gives us that.

Hope you'll be joining us this year........Linda Case

I will of course! I always enjoy playing and always have fun! I'm just having a bit more fun with last years game is all! By the way, a big "thanks" to you for your support of the Top 5 again this year Linda. It is appreciated.

Precision Auto
03-17-2009, 09:57 PM
I will of course! I always enjoy playing and always have fun! I'm just having a bit more fun with last years game is all! By the way, a big "thanks" to you for your support of the Top 5 again this year Linda. It is appreciated.

You're welcome.......but now I'm comin' after you!! lol.....Linda :cheers:

RGeeProductions
03-17-2009, 10:55 PM
Off Subject: My personal favorite was "Red Skelton"!!!!

http://fatherjoe.files.wordpress.com/2006/09/redskelton.jpg

KyleMac45
03-18-2009, 08:28 AM
Kyle: May I be the first of the Touched Trio to tell you that I shall tromp all over you this year! At the end of the year, you'll see me doing this: :wave:
as I sit atop the points and wave at you at the bottom of the list!!

All in good fun.........I can't wait for this year to start........lol........Linda

I donot believe that you will stomping on me! I think I will be doing the stomping!!! :cool:

MJProcko
03-18-2009, 09:52 AM
Not sure if we need to registar a number for this series but I thought it might add some fun to it.

So the Procko Racing Enterpirises, Mike's Hard Lemonade#111 will be stepping up to full time after limited participation in the now defunct MSS series. Now if TCH only allows 2 digit numbers ala Nascar, then we here at PRE will be fielding the #44.

Normally we here at the Southern Florida based PRE team are at a dissadvantage by only having having a limited number of teams come down for Speedweeks and not usually being able to make it up for a race for scouting purposes until summertime. However, thanks to remebering I thought Tiny Lund looked just like Jimmy Spencer with hair (real hair, not that furry animal that's perched upon Spencer's noggin' at the request of nascar) and correctly identifying him on the Thompson Site, I will be attending the Ice Breaker, so I'll be much more better prepared this season. Good Luck!

RGeeProductions
03-18-2009, 10:41 AM
Michael, we just use the member's name for the contest. Being I do this all manually, that would just add another step in the workload, so just member names makes it so much easier to keep track.
Great suggestion though.