PDA

View Full Version : Upcoming season

limodmaniac
03-18-2009, 09:20 PM
Got to get the talk going on here and start promoting the 2009 season!

What race on the tour are you most excited about?

What race on the tour least excites you?

For the first one, I vote Bristol ( for the obvious reasons)

Least excited about.. World Series at Thompson ( Too long a day, and no place to park in the parking lot!)

yucaipa
03-18-2009, 09:30 PM
Bristol - I hope with no plates. I will try to attend myself. All the races are excellent though. Even though I now live in Cal - I will make at least one for sure.

ModTourMan
03-18-2009, 11:41 PM
Bristol should be cool but I will NEVER tire of the Icebreaker and Sizzler! A Spring day (sometimes a cold spring day) and Modifieds make for the perfect combination in my book! The Autumn season-enders are great too. The ROC at Pocono and the Thompson 300 are both long gone but I still dig the Fall Final and World Series.

oleblue
03-19-2009, 12:56 AM
bristol will be amazing but i am partial to stafford, i just totally love that track. stafford was the first track i went to with my grandpa when i was 5 years old and it was the first track my son went to. i love stafford the sks and the tour cars, also the open mod date at seekonk will also be cool

KyleMac45
03-19-2009, 08:26 AM
for the WMT- Bristol

Open Modified Event- Either North South Shootout or Wall Stadiums Turkey Derby! :cheers:

Kyle

Axel
03-19-2009, 08:31 AM
I am trying to do both Bristol and North South Shootout this year.

But looking forward to any time I hear the deep roar of engines, the smell of unspent fuel and see the cars bunched up and ready to take the green.

Tinkfan
03-19-2009, 08:46 AM
The Bristol race is high on my list for this season, too. Of course Martinsville is always a good show because of the history of the modifieds there and the prestige of winning there.

I am also looking forward to the ASA shows at Franklin County and their return to Orange County.

MJProcko
03-19-2009, 02:16 PM
Bristol
Ice Breaker
Bristol
Martinsville
Bristol
Stafford/T Road (although since I'm going to the Ice Breaker this race weekend is on hold)

ThE sHaDoW
03-19-2009, 06:09 PM
favorite: BUD 150 next weekend at Waterford.
least: Bristol. because of the schedule.:mad::mad::mad::mad:

Goldy
03-19-2009, 07:11 PM
Definitely a tear in my beer - I can't make the Sizzler due to family vacation plans so that makes the IceBreaker - the Spring race for me..

The Bristol race - I'd love to be there and I'm looking for ways to make that happen - potentially bring the family.. I am concerned for the race overall - these guys are going to need plenty of practice time getting used to this place (lift the testing ban) and I hope they loose the plate, these cars and the drivers brains are not "wired" to run wide open - it will be a challenge to race side by side with confidence. I'd hate to see a wreck fest and 50+ laps of caution.. but those laps on utube sure did look wicked..

The World Series, I'd tend to agree with you LiMod.. The Fall Final has gotten a bit stale I think - Sizzler aside, might be time to shake up the standard issue 150 mark at Stafford - I've seen far too many fright train races there the last decade..

Goldy

MOD11RACER
03-19-2009, 11:06 PM
Every Modified Touring event and Modified open show in 2009. I love them all.:cheers:

Rentawrench
03-20-2009, 07:29 AM
Goldy the Mods are the Only Division Allowed to TEST.

I will go to Most (ALL if my team has a Driver) theres No Bad Mod race only some that donot pay.

Mod 11 donot go "postal " like Chrome horn can. lol How's Dave ?

scott
03-20-2009, 08:38 AM
Looking forward to:
All Thompson races
Both Loudon races
BRISTOL - the whole week
North-South Shootout
Don't really care for: Stafford

Goldy
03-20-2009, 09:18 AM
Rent -

Not to get to off topic here - but just a follow up regarding the testing ban - will they be allowed to run - say the day before to get comfortable with the track, racing side by side? Or were you just speaking of the test with the limited drivers that already occurred?

I listened to Eddie on the Danko show - and I'd agree that they should try to accommodate this (extended practice time) - in the end it will make for a better show..

Thanks,
Goldy

Crazy Horse
03-21-2009, 08:03 AM
I'm going to the Icebreaker for the first time:cool: looking for some info should i get there early for parking? Traffic conditions, all info would be well appreciated Thank You.

KyleMac45
03-21-2009, 08:36 AM
Get there early enough...

stefanikfan
03-21-2009, 08:45 AM
I'm going to the Icebreaker for the first time:cool: looking for some info should i get there early for parking? Traffic conditions, all info would be well appreciated Thank You.

How far are you from Thompson? Coming for the day or weekend? Traffic isn't bad at all. Never seen backups getting in.

Rob,
aka, Stefanikfan:cheers:

Crazy Horse
03-21-2009, 11:56 AM
I'll be leaving from bohemia,just doing the races on sunday.thanks

NC Mudcat
03-21-2009, 12:46 PM
Modified race I most look forward to.....the next one. Otherwise, Bristol has to be the most anticipated race in years. Outside the tour, I would say the North-South Shootout.

Least favorite? Can't really say there is one on the tour. On the Southern tour, my least favorite would be the one at Bowman-Gray Stadium.

Blown Away
03-22-2009, 08:56 AM
Looking forward to:
Stafford
Thompson
Waterford
Loudan

No more All-Star for me.

WhelanModFan
03-23-2009, 08:58 AM
I look forward to ALL Mod racing.

In no particular order: