PDA

View Full Version : Concord

MOD JUNKIE
03-22-2009, 12:12 PM
Good race saturday night, TC was hooked up pretty good and watching George Brunnhoelzl lll come up threw the field was fun to watch.
it was great to see Jamie Tomaino run as strong as he did before mechanical issues set him back, I believe you fans back up north will be seeing a black #99 "Jet" flying high this year.
I was surprised to see Brian Loftin and Tim Brown struggle some. just good to see the modifieds again...........cant wait till next week.

BigMac
03-22-2009, 02:50 PM
Not a very big starting field. Especially when you consider how many northern teams were in the race.

jfp711
03-22-2009, 02:59 PM
Congrats to the King wheeling the brady bunch mod to a convincing victory. But man give me a break with the no tire rule.... you want a good race give the teams two tires, after lap 90 the racing sucked, everybody was hanging on.150 laps on a set of tires is asking alot,some may say that is good racing imo it's a joke.

limodmaniac
03-22-2009, 07:46 PM
I wasn't there but I have this feeling that George Brunnhoelzl is a guy to watch this year! I expect a few wins and maybe a championship.

TJ1976
03-22-2009, 08:01 PM
Its good to see the modifieds running again. I just wish Nascar would offer the drivers a bigger purse. $2,000 to win is a joke considering what teams are paying for their equipment, travel to the track, etc.

jfp711
03-22-2009, 10:41 PM
$2000 to win and the car cost is the same as a north mod, at least the same purse as the north cars and give em some damn tires at least two,would make for a better race.

mends
03-23-2009, 10:00 AM
they say the tire rule is to help curb costs... but i think a tire change would be a much improvement in the style of racing...

besides... of the cars the show up every week, how many would not show up if they had THE CHOICE of buying 2 more tires.. i dare to say, the fields would not shrink at all

holleratme
03-23-2009, 04:39 PM
$2000 to win and the car cost is the same as a north mod, at least the same purse as the north cars and give em some damn tires at least two,would make for a better race.

Perfect Joey, This way the racing would be better all the way around with the combined races everyone would be used to the changing strategy and we would not have to stop at 1/2 way get the funnel gas the car :applause:

JED
03-24-2009, 05:59 AM
My photo gallery from Concord is now uploaded.
Enjoy

http://jimdupontphotos.smugmug.com