PDA

View Full Version : Mods test at Bristol again this Tuesday

MJProcko
03-23-2009, 10:17 AM
According to Speed 51 the #2 and 79 teams will be at Bristol Tuesday to test for Hoosier. Any word on the use of plates yet?

TJ1976
03-24-2009, 05:12 AM
I think they should all the teams the opportunity to test. Nothing against the teams that are testing on Tues, but I think it would be more beneficial if all the teams had a chance. One drivers setup may not work for the next driver and whos to say that the drivers that are testing are going to share important data with other drivers

Goldy
03-24-2009, 12:37 PM
I agree – but the logistics, the cost, the day jobs - that’s why I was suggesting (in the other thread) that if they open the track up to Mods the day before the event, all the other drivers would have a chance to test and get comfortable with the track and the set up. This way it lowers the financial impact of traveling their just once, so they may have to spend an extra night but in the end it will make for a better event.

I hope NASCAR loosens its position on the testing ban, the restrictor plate, etc – this is a great opportunity for the series – I hope they can think what’s best for this race and maybe bend some rules to accommodate (perhaps they already have – but they will probably need to bend more)..

Yes - I'm sure it's all not that simple - renting the track, etc.. just want them to think outside the box..

Brian Hawks
03-24-2009, 12:43 PM
There is no testing ban on modified testing within NASCAR. I'm sure you can rent Bristol if you want information.

Goldy
03-24-2009, 03:32 PM
Sorry – I’m a tad thick on this – Rent even tried to straighten me out...

So they can test all they want, even the day before – they just can’t race within a 7 day window of the event?

Just call me Rusty..

Thanks..

RichKeator
03-24-2009, 04:36 PM
With the orginal test, (correct me if Im wrong) they had a make of each of the 3 majors... Troyer, C.D. and Raceworks... and Eddy Flemki was on Danko's show sometime after the test talking about how NASCAR planned it that way so each team will have ideas on what to expect... with letting EVERY TEAM run at these test... like others have said Finically i think thats not possable for alot off the teams to take a car down but it was open for teams to watch.... plus Im sure alot of teams are still thrashing to get cars ready....

BigMac
03-24-2009, 04:43 PM
Nascar and Hoosier are trying to find a tire. Might as well wait until they pick a tire before we worry about testing. That being said, it was pointed out last week that Bristol isn't a Nascar track so I'm sure it can be rented out at anytime.

scott
03-24-2009, 04:49 PM
How can Bristol not be a NASCAR track?????

Howie
03-24-2009, 05:10 PM
I don't think NASCAR owns any tracks, ISC maybe, but not NASCAR. Call it a NASCAR Track or not the rule reads -

"All tracks that have NASCAR events in the top three series -- Sprint Cup, Nationwide and Craftsman Trucks, which will be renamed Camping World Trucks next season -- are included in the testing ban."

and also says -

"The new policy will not keep teams from testing at non-NASCAR tracks."

Rules for series below the "top three", who knows?

mattphoto
03-24-2009, 07:44 PM
SMI owns Bristol

Howie
03-24-2009, 08:05 PM
Yes Matt, we know. It still falls under the "All tracks that have NASCAR events in the top three series" category. It's just that no one has figured out how the rules applies to the NWMT, and how the teams that aren't testing will prepare the cars for a track like they've never seen before.

kinserfan11
03-25-2009, 10:59 PM
Any Tv for this race; like maybe on Speed? If Not then :mad::mad::mad: