PDA

View Full Version : well lets get it started

modfan#22
03-29-2009, 11:36 AM
how many on opening day i say about 16 dirt cars. who thinks this was a good or bad way to go @ MVS.:wave: lets hear what you have to say

33Munky34
03-31-2009, 08:33 PM
I think it was a stupid move. Remember the da mods they were unbearable to watch. The caution flag was out every couple laps. And they had like 6 or 7. I mean they may prove me wrong but I doudt it. Jmo

Fisha695
04-01-2009, 02:35 PM
I think it was a bad move.

You'll get a decent field with some bigger names for the first and maybe second race. But then the Dirt seasons will kick into full swing, and the only cars that'll be at MVS will be the guys that aren't fast enough to be competitive on the Dirt.

Fisher31
04-01-2009, 05:21 PM
I think it was a bad move.

You'll get a decent field with some bigger names for the first and maybe second race. But then the Dirt seasons will kick into full swing, and the only cars that'll be at MVS will be the guys that aren't fast enough to be competitive on the Dirt.
Is that not the piont of this class? I hope MVS cleans the rubber off the track after the dirt cars.

creyer76
04-03-2009, 01:40 PM
the piont of this class was to give dougs brother the winning purse every week. dont worry by the third week you will see 6 cars max every week.

33Munky34
04-03-2009, 10:24 PM
I have to agree with kc on the car count. One thing I hope is doug doesn't plan to run at his own track. I don't think that is good for the track or class. I have doudts about the class. But I hope I am wrong. I hate to see anything at the track do bad and would hate to see more people driven away.

creyer76
04-19-2009, 12:12 AM
ok i will admit i was wrong.... dougs brother wasnt there and....... there was only 4 cars not 6 and i may be wrong but isnt the car that won the car doug drove to win in the dirt event last time? doug himself was off at grandview supporting his own compition for this class?? it was like watching the old D/A's all over again... 20 lap feature took 3 min to complete.

Fisha695
04-19-2009, 02:05 PM
There would have been 5 cars, but Donny Wagner blew the motor in his Kids dirt car the last week of pre-season practice.

But yeah they are picking up right where the DA's left off, with 4 cars and one of those cars 2 times faster then the rest of them.

The reason they got all those cars years ago was because it was at the end of the season, the Dirt cars had noplace else to run so they came to Mahoning for the big money special show. Heck what you get for winning at MVS is what most dirt tracks pay the 5th place modified.

creyer76
05-17-2009, 09:30 PM
6 cars max per week and they pay out the same purse as the 12 to 15 car latemodel purse $400 to win if theres only 6 latemodels they pay $200 to win????