PDA

View Full Version : All Star Speedway ... Nascar sanctioned?

limodmaniac
04-02-2009, 06:25 PM
I listened to the Speedline report and they discussed the issue about the Waterford drivers not being paid for the last race of last year, and that since that was a different promoter, no one ( Nascar or the new promoter) will be coming up with that money. It was also stated that if that old promoter tried ever to get a Nascar sanction for a track again, he would be denied.

All Star Speedway... Drivers have not gotten paid for last years ending race yet either. Yet, I don't see Nascar doing anything about that either. Shouldn't All Star be denied a Nascar sanction if this is the case??

Great article in Area Auto this week by Kevin Rice. I supported All Star last year at every race, and took in a few regular shows up there too. Based on how they are handling the drivers payout, I doubt they will get my support this year.

Any one have any info on either track's situation.

RGeeProductions
04-02-2009, 07:16 PM
Only thing I know is that both tracks are NASCAR tracks for 2009.

Rentawrench
04-03-2009, 04:46 PM
The Mods at AllStar were NOT NASCAR--- it was an Open race.

I think some were paid an some not--depends How much a pain in the A_ _ you were to him .

RGeeProductions
04-03-2009, 08:01 PM
The Mods at AllStar were NOT NASCAR--- it was an Open race.

I think some were paid an some not--depends How much a pain in the A_ _ you were to him .

I didn't say they were.
I will edit my statement.
Both tracks are NASCAR Whelen All American Series sanctioned tracks for 2009.

Rentawrench
04-03-2009, 10:29 PM
RG I was telling LI that the races he was talking about were Not NASCAR sanctioned.

That the thing at Waterford they were the NASCAR sancntion division, the Mods at AllStar were an Open show . Both seem to have the Racers Not being paid.

All my years going an Owning a car , I always tought that NASCAR made the Promotor put purse in "escrow" so that racers were Paid ---Now the Only one I know getting paid is NASCAR. I think Tour purses are in "escrow"

Going way back I think some are still owed the Original ROC races at Flemington .

RGeeProductions
04-03-2009, 10:31 PM
Yeah, I just reread LI's part about NASCAR not doing anything when he was talking about the mods....I took the post was about just track sanction.....Got ya....