PDA

View Full Version : Just A Thought.....

D~ATCH42
04-04-2009, 01:24 PM
Just to throw this out there......
Is there any chance of possibly doing any other forms of enduro racing???
Don't get me wrong, I am more than satisfied with the way things are now, but how about some trailer races, or chain races, or full-size truck enduros, school bus races, etc.? Just a thought, maybe mix it up a bit?

Erin C
04-04-2009, 01:34 PM
Since we don't own the track we run at any ideas like this has to be passed on to the owners. I am almost positive Joe has mentioned different ideas like this to the owners but their insurance would not cover such events...I will let Joe elaborate more on this later. We are off to Grandview's opening day in a little while so he may not respond until tomorrow.

DerbyN8-128
04-04-2009, 08:16 PM
grandview will almost definitely not allow any type of event that will leave excessive trash on the track because of the fact they have a weekly race series that uses the track on saturdays. Grandview used to run demolition derbies in the infield and they have since cut them out too.

If I found a place that would run a tow race (front car tows a dead car around the track with a chain while someone else steers it) Id be all for that. But again, I doubt such a thing would be tolerated at Grandview.

EnduroFromDE
04-04-2009, 10:39 PM
as far as i know Riverhead runs races like that i know they have school bus figure 8's, and even taxi cab races, i though last year or the year before I seen trailer racing on the schedule but i could be wrong. i know Orlando raceway in fl and irwindale over in cali runs this kinda carnage, they show a few of them on SPEED's "On the Edge"

DerbyN8-128
04-04-2009, 11:30 PM
the ones on speed (and a few on youtube) are the only ones I have ever seen. I don't know about figure 8's...I ran demo derbies for years, that's one thing, but racing around and getting smacked in the drivers door and all that...that's not for me :disgusted