PDA

View Full Version : tire tips...

EnduroFromDE
04-04-2009, 04:31 PM
:help::help::help: For those 4 cyl drivers that ran grandview last year, I was wondering what type of tire was used on the right front, not use to running on dirt yet and I am planning on buying a hand full of tire but dont want to spend money on somthing thats not going to be the best I can get. My car is a FWD, so front traction is going to be key. You can private message me if you would like. Thanks for the help in advance

enduroracer131
04-04-2009, 04:50 PM
Same goes for me, never raced on dirt either.

DerbyN8-128
04-04-2009, 08:11 PM
I'm going to be running regular all season tires up front on my car although I can not remember the make of them right now. The tires look pretty much brand new and I ran the same style at a different dirt track event last year and got good traction and the track was literally SOAKED and nothing but mud. No matter what tire you go with on a FWD on dirt, it is going to spin a little when you get on the gas at the start.
(just for the record, I did NOT race at grandview last year, this is going by dirt experience elsewhere)

gutter7
04-05-2009, 11:41 PM
Any treaded tire will do, softer is better.
Don't go too low with the air presure or it will come off the bead.

EnduroFromDE
04-06-2009, 06:48 AM
too bad we cant use beadlocks...lol...i once ran 6 psi in my right front but was told i could take it down to about 4 without breaking the bead... what is concidered too low for normal wheels/tires...?...maybe mid-to-upper teens...low 20's?

DerbyN8-128
04-06-2009, 04:20 PM
4 sounds really low.

we used to run low/mid teens in the derby cars without any problems, I know that's a bit different but any lower I'd think you start risking ripping the bead loose.