PDA

View Full Version : Crew Chief hurt on pit road

stabone
04-05-2009, 10:21 PM
Just talked to the Darling Family owners of the 52 wmt car that Chris P. drives.John Mckenna was severely injured in a pit road mishap.He is in Intensive Care at Umass Medical Center.He has boken ribs, pelvis, shoulder, collar bone and 2 collapsed lungs. His prognosis is good though and is expected to make a full recovery.The whole team and Wayne want thank everyone that has inquired about this unfortunate incident....He certainly has a long recovery.....So say a prayer for Johnie "Mac" tonight.....

Precision Auto
04-05-2009, 10:56 PM
To John, the McKenna family, the team, family and friends:

Please know you are in our hearts, our thoughts and our prayers.

Linda and Norm Case, Precision Automotive, Inc.

Jaws
04-05-2009, 11:22 PM
Thats good to hear, it was a scary looking incident. Let us know where we can send a card if you can.

Chris
04-05-2009, 11:22 PM
A scary incident to see. You don't have much protection when you go over the wall, good thing he was wearing his helmet. I wish him a speedy recovery.

RichKeator
04-05-2009, 11:44 PM
http://blogs.courant.com/autoracing/2009/04/team-owner-confirms-modified-t.html

zoomcat
04-05-2009, 11:55 PM
thoughts and prayers and hope for a speedy recovery

fattdaddy61
04-06-2009, 01:20 AM
thoughts and prayers and hope for a speedy recovery The Entire #09 team of Bobby Grigas III send our thoughts and Prayers out to you John, & the Mckenna Family. We know you have a long road ahead of you. With alot of people depending on you there is no doubt you will do whatever it takes to get back to yourself as quickly as you are allowed. Don't overdo and follow Doctor's Orders!!

holleratme
04-06-2009, 09:41 AM
We at IDEAL RACING are all keeping you in thoughts and prayers. Heres to a speedy full recovery

11skmod
04-06-2009, 09:54 AM
Get well soon john hope you recover quickly thoughts and prayers are with you and your team.

mattphoto
04-06-2009, 10:57 AM
glad he is going to be ok !!

RGeeProductions
04-06-2009, 11:02 AM
John, you are in our thoughts and hope for a very speedy recovery.

stoningtonmodmania
04-06-2009, 11:24 AM
i wish he has a speedy recovery. that did not look to good from i was siting

mod4r6fan
04-06-2009, 11:28 AM
John wishing you a speedy recovery. get well soon. Rick

JED
04-06-2009, 11:44 AM
A scary moment. Wishing you a speedy recovery.

Chris Pasteryak was beating himself up after the race yesterday as the car had stalled during the stop.

oleblue
04-06-2009, 12:16 PM
get well soon and hope for a speedy recovery

Axel
04-06-2009, 12:20 PM
that sure was scary. I was hoping for the best.

I hope John a speedy recovery.

RichKeator
04-06-2009, 03:16 PM
my thoughts and prayers go out John, his family and the team... I gotta give a tip of the cap to NASCAR on this one. With the push for safety on all levels and even on pit road with the Fire suits, helmets etc... its nice to know that we arnt here today mourning something tragic. It seemed like crews were on scene A.S.A.P and NASCAR threw the red to get him the help he needed quickly. Credit to the staff at Thompson and the officials for handling the situation in the right way

mikel 3
04-06-2009, 04:29 PM
First off our prayers go out to John and his family.John is one of the good guys ,its really a shame that this happened.He is just a hard working family guy with two kids just trying to make a living doing what he loves working on race cars.This will be a long difficult recovery for him and his family and i will help in any way I can because he lives just down the street from me.The financial burden really worries me too.The part that makes me sick is that as the cars rolled onto the track a transmission came over the scanner sending one of the NASCAR officials to the Darling pit to check on a large pothole. Evidently the Nascar official and track officials didn't think it was a big deal and evidently did nothing to fix the problem.What a shame all the practice sessions and other activities no one thought it was important to fix the pothole with cold patch or even dirt.Accidents don't just happen they are caused .What a shame that maybe this could have been prevented,as I read in another thread by Shawn ,Nascar was unable to comment on the incident because of Privacy Laws.Ya right they know that failure to act proves negligence .What a shame John get well soon.

Crazy Horse
04-06-2009, 07:17 PM
All the best on your recovery, I hope all goes well for you and your family.

stabone
04-06-2009, 08:38 PM
First off our prayers go out to John and his family.John is one of the good guys ,its really a shame that this happened.He is just a hard working family guy with two kids just trying to make a living doing what he loves working on race cars.This will be a long difficult recovery for him and his family and i will help in any way I can because he lives just down the street from me.The financial burden really worries me too.The part that makes me sick is that as the cars rolled onto the track a transmission came over the scanner sending one of the NASCAR officials to the Darling pit to check on a large pothole. Evidently the Nascar official and track officials didn't think it was a big deal and evidently did nothing to fix the problem.What a shame all the practice sessions and other activities no one thought it was important to fix the pothole with cold patch or even dirt.Accidents don't just happen they are caused .What a shame that maybe this could have been prevented,as I read in another thread by Shawn ,Nascar was unable to comment on the incident because of Privacy Laws.Ya right they know that failure to act proves negligence .What a shame John get well soon.

Well put Mike!! You hit the nail right on the head......

modfan4ever
04-06-2009, 08:51 PM
The track should repave pit road,instead of doing the road entrance.Get well soon John , hope to see you soon...Prays and thoughts are with you..

SteveS
04-07-2009, 01:24 PM

Mikel 3, Since you seem to have the most information, does John and his family have disability insurance. If not, could you organize a fund that we could donate to? These folks will have bills coming in before we get to the Sizzler so if you could set something up online here they receive the help sooner. I'd like to contribute if they need it.

mikel 3
04-08-2009, 08:12 AM
I will see what I can find out about John possibly having any insurance.If he doesn.t we will do something for the family. I will post it here when I have more info.

MXCHAMP04
04-08-2009, 02:08 PM
Do you have to show proof of insurance to race or be a crew member on pit road? I just ended a long motocross career, and for every race we had to show proof we were insured.

Jaws
04-08-2009, 03:01 PM
Do you have to show proof of insurance to race or be a crew member on pit road? I just ended a long motocross career, and for every race we had to show proof we were insured.

I don't believe so.

ThE sHaDoW
04-08-2009, 05:06 PM

no. if you have personal insurance that is your primary for injury coverage. once it runs out of coverage, the NASCAR insurance included with your license/pit fees kicks in.

SteveS
04-08-2009, 05:16 PM

No, as long as you pony up I think $280, for a license, have a firesuit, a helmet and new this year $125 SFI sneakers you are good to go(I guess all those flaming feet justify spending almost a grand per team). NASCAR does have some million dollar policy that I believe covers medical expense beyond what your primary insurance doesn't pickup. That doesn't help pay your mortgage or put food on the table. For as infrequently as something like this occurs, couldn't they offer limited disability insurance just to cover incidents that occur at the track? How much would it really cut into the France mega-fortune?

bud
04-08-2009, 10:45 PM
Big companies will nickel and dime you to death! Ours stopped our 401k match this yr...........made 108m in profits with less than 100 employees and
can't match a measly 3%.......lol. I know I'm lucky to have a job.
get well soon pal.