PDA

View Full Version : Changes and Announcements!

CJfilms
04-09-2009, 10:09 PM
With the first race only a couple of weeks away, it's about time I get the rest of that info posted up on the site...but first I want to make sure it gets up on here first!

There will be a few adjustments to the day's schedule and even the transponders...
1.) I am working with the owners of Grandview now to arrange an 8 AM pits open to start rolling in the cars and pre-race tech. Around 10/11 AM, everyone will be chased out to sign in and pay.
2.) Since we are on the topic of times...we are trying to bump up the event by a half hour...2PM start rather than 2:30.

Now, if you raced with NEETS in 2008 at Grandview Speedway, you may have known that the transponder scoring units that were used were from Big Diamond Raceway...Buddy Beiver has been kind enough to make us the same offer for this season, however, there is a big event at BDR the same day. So, we are resorting to another source. Until I have everything secured and signed, I cannot mention the source though... The change you will notice is that the rental fee is going to be $15 instead of $10...if you bring your own unit...still FREE!!! We will have two cases worth of units (64) on hand and I know a few drivers bring their own units as well, so we should be in good shape on this subject!

Next on the agenda...the Relay for Life! We will have the donation bins located around a few key points of interest at the speedway... Grandstands: by the concession windows. Pit-side: at the registration booth/office. Also, you can feel free to stop by and speak to Shon Elk, driver of the 10X Big Car, to arrange any special donations. (i.e. bills over $20...hint hint...cancer affects us all, let's not be frugal in this department! ;) )

As far as scanners go...I am meeting with our radio man this weekend and he will be setting us up with what we need and letting me know what the frequency will be and what you will need to pick us up...I know a lot of people have the 'radio shack' brand scanners that work just fine for this scenario...so I will be finding the gray area where the radio shackers and raceivers cross paths (frequencies?)...

Lastly...I am going to have t-shirts for the first event...I have 144 that I will be picking up this weekend...I don't want to give the mall away at the first event, so I will have a limited number...approximately 50-75. Sizes range from M-L-XL ...sorry, but let's be honest, there aren't many small sized people in racing! :applause:

If I missed anything here or failed to point anything out...let me know and I will get it up here ASAP!

DerbyN8-128
04-09-2009, 10:36 PM
8 am on a sunday morning...ugh!:disgusted

Maybe pre-registered drivers should get first chance at T-shirts too...

Only thing on the whole bumping up a half hour, hope everyone that looked at Grandviews schedule and saw it is 230 rechecks before then and sees it is moved up...or they might come and be rather disappointed that they missed part of the racing action.

Although I personally like 2 more than 230.

CJfilms
04-10-2009, 01:34 PM
Again...we are working on getting the time change approved and changed...so...it will take a day or so before it does change.

As for the t-shirts...sure you can have one anyways!

8am will be pit-gate open time...I would hope to see a lot of people EARLY, but that doesn't mean everyone needs to be there at 8am sharp....and this statement doesn't mean you can show up at 12:30 and not worry about being late!!! Paul! :lol:

BIGDADDY64
04-10-2009, 03:44 PM
joe what about us drivers who wear a xxl shirt

richardpetey
04-10-2009, 06:37 PM
Don't worry Chris! Your promoter thinks of everything..................:rolleyes:
He's gonna give you two large shirts and a needle and thread...................:eek::eek:
UNCLE PETEY...............:wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave:

critter
04-11-2009, 05:03 PM
now that was funny lol good thing im only a xl not like my big brother with the xxl lol :lol:

DerbyN8-128
04-11-2009, 08:02 PM
Joe mentioned a limited supply of shirts for the first event...might only be able to get one and a piece of baler twine...then wear the shirt like a cape.