PDA

View Full Version : drifting

dougal
04-09-2009, 10:31 PM
:phey everyone, my name is mike but everyone calls me dougal. my friends and i have, over the past year, have started a drifting company called the Island Slide Drifting Co. we have been building an army of fans and a team of drivers and would like to bring drifting to riverhead raceway. our goal in starting this clan of sliders is to bring drifting to the island. u will see it alot in NJ, along other areas of the east coast, and it is huge on the west coast. hopefully soon we will be doing a demo at the riverhead track. my main purpose for starting this thread is to spread the word to all who might be interested in showing support. im pretty sure we will be drifting the pit and some of the track. we will be setting our own course with cones. please check out our website at www.islandslide.com. its still under some construction but the forum is our basis of networking. im hoping to have an exact date for this demo with in the nex week or so and as soon as i know ill post it on here.....as long as i can steal some more internet that is.:p

SuperShafts
04-11-2009, 02:24 PM
If you have the ins talk with BHT for the use of the amp theater parking lot.

They have no real schedule for the amp theater this year. We had approached them for the use of it for scaled down DR, the lot wasn't good enough for our use.... might not be good enough for you guy's either.

dougal
04-12-2009, 03:52 PM
wow dude, thats a good plan! thanx for the info! ive actually shredded that parking lot before, but we got kicked off after a little while. lol

The Bullfather
04-12-2009, 05:34 PM
Should try to see if any county parks would be open, some of the beach fields have lots of room. Try and get together with the Police and teach youngers safety some how. But that balls in your court!

dougal
04-21-2009, 11:22 AM
well it turns out that this saturday riverhead raceway is letting us check out th track and they are lettting us do a demo! who knows, im hoping this will take off.:)

Jaws
04-24-2009, 01:27 PM
You should defiatly try Wall in NJ as they have hosted several drifting shows to packed houses in the past.

spikeybabe22
04-24-2009, 08:16 PM
well it turns out that this saturday riverhead raceway is letting us check out th track and they are lettting us do a demo! who knows, im hoping this will take off.:)

what time are you guys drifting tomorrow?

killa54
05-02-2009, 09:31 PM
just wondering if you guys did that drift demo and wanted to know how it went?