PDA

View Full Version : Transponders and Scanners

CJfilms
04-13-2009, 09:47 PM
We have a frequency!

First off, Speedway Communications has set us up with new radios for the officials and I personally have a whole new radio to both race direct from and use to make announcements! We will be using the following frequency to broadcast our race signals and directions: 154.600

The V-25 Safeceiver can be purchased from Speedway Communications for only $89...AND it comes with the foam ear plugs! If you already have a scanner, just make sure it can receive this channel.

www.speedwaycommunications.bizhosting.com

Secondly, I made a boo boo... I spoke too soon when it came to announcing the transponder rental info. The cost per unit to rent will be $20. If you have your own...still free! Please understand that these units are expensive and to rent them outright costs a lot of money...money I don't have or else I would have just bought them myself. We are renting two cases (64 units) from GPsportstiming.com The owner, Gregg, is an old driver himself and understands the pain we all feel when it comes to transponder rental and purchasing... The units come in at a whopping $420 EACH to buy them outright...he charges us a mere $20 each.

The ability to score each car fairly and accurately is a blessing! Not only does it guarantee accurate and fair timing and scoring, but it also relieves us and you to find people to hand score. Plus, would you want just a finish order at the end of the event...or a full blown print-out of times per lap, speeds, fastest times and number of laps ran for each event???...all of which can be downloaded on mylaps.com.

Please take a look at www.gpsportstiming.com and browse through the site...you will see how much it costs us to score you... It would be cheaper for me to hand score...but you would have to bring someone along with you into the pits to score you...($30 pit fee vs $20 rental fee)

Next up...Time!!!

Grandstand open times will be posted on the Grandview Speedway website...I have not been told what time the stands will open yet.

I am still working on moving the race up a half hour...that needs to be approved by the appropriate people before that can be done, but expect an early start anyways and all should be fine!

8 AM the pit gates will open! We will begin tech inspecting cars as they roll in as soon as possible. We will work to get the registration booth open and in business as quickly as we can so if you are waiting for the gates to open, we should be able to move you right on through!

No change on pit admission and grandstand admission pricing.

More info to come as well! See you all very soon!

DerbyN8-128
04-13-2009, 10:07 PM
sounds good!

getting close to race day now! :applause:

NJ Chick
04-14-2009, 03:17 PM
How cool, we have our own NEETS Outer Space Frequency! :lol:

A big thank you to Speedway Communications for the radios/setup, to GP Sports Timing for the transponders and to Joe for doing all the leg work!:) Believe me, for a few dollars more than normal for the rental, it's worth every penny to have an accurate finish.:p
Also another thing to consider is buying your own transponder. The initial payout may seem like a lot of money, but they do pay for themselves in a short time. You can use them at any track that has a system, so you aren't limited to just one or two places to use them. Plus you know that they are charged up and working BEFORE the race!;)

CJfilms
04-14-2009, 03:52 PM
Thanks Cindy!

And by the way, its GP Sports Timing! Yes, they will cost a little extra, but in the long run, we know we have accurate scoring and actual working units...not ones that look worse than the cars do...and perform like I do after eating Taco Bell....:rolleyes:

Keep those registrations coming in everyone! I have a feeling I will be making phone calls this week to get more people on the list.

enduroracer131
04-15-2009, 04:49 AM
Its still the AMB transponders correct? and will any amb transponder work with the system, I may buy my own.

CJfilms
04-15-2009, 07:56 AM
Any AMB transponder should work with the existing systems at Grandview and Wall.

Buying your own unit is the best thing any driver can do if they plan on taking their racing career to the next level... You will always have access to your own lap times and race results from each and every race you compete in at any location...so long as it is loaded onto the mylaps.com site. Plus you will never have to worry about a unit having a dead battery or having to write down the 8-digit serial code number only to search for your results at a later time...

$420 is a lot of money, but in the long run, it will pay for itself over and over again...plus, you can sell it off at a later time and probably make money after all you have saved!

Good luck and see you all soon!
Joe

CJfilms
04-20-2009, 11:28 AM
Just wanted to get this topic back to the top before the event...

DerbyN8-128
04-20-2009, 08:11 PM
Joe, or anyone, do you know if the same transponder can be used at the SAME event in the SAME night (like once in the small cars and once in the big cars)? or will this cause too much confusion or trouble? Reason I ask is we have my car in the small car and the 82 car in the big cars. I am considering buying a unit from someone else but would be nice if I could split the cost with the other guy from my team. If not, no biggy, just figured I'd ask.

Erin C
04-20-2009, 09:10 PM
It is not a problem at all...if we don't have enough units they need to be shared with the other class. All it takes is a name change in the computer after the first event is over.

EnduroFromDE
04-27-2009, 07:53 AM
just wondering if the Mylaps were going to be posted in the near future??? Before I thought they were pretty much uploaded within an hour or so after the last race...

Erin C
04-27-2009, 08:07 AM
that is when a speedway has internet connections...grandview doesn't and we didn't get home until late and pretty much crashed. I put all the files from the transponder program on Joe's zip drive and he will be working on a bunch of things today.

CJfilms
04-27-2009, 08:22 AM
Giddyup...GIDDYUP???? Oh Mr. Sac-Man! I muight just be calling you to find out how to load these results up to mylaps.com!

I have everything...I believe...that I will need to upload the full lap details onto the site...now, this will be the first time I will be uploading full results, so if they do not come out right, I apologize and I will do as much as possible to correct it... The weekly transponder operator will have the program back in their possession shortly and I will be in contact with them to see if they will load anything up or if I should try...TRY!!!

EnduroFromDE
04-27-2009, 08:28 AM
we didn't get home until late and pretty much crashed.

please erin... dont say the "C" word for a few days...:lol:... i guess even those not racing crashed before the day was over...:cheers: cant wait to see my fastest time compared to the winner...

CJfilms
04-27-2009, 09:23 AM
please erin... dont say the "C" word for a few days...:lol:... i guess even those not racing crashed before the day was over...

By the way...she c-worded...I had to scrub off the layers of grit!:angel:

Sac-Man
04-27-2009, 09:25 AM
Giddyup...GIDDYUP???? Oh Mr. Sac-Man! I muight just be calling you to find out how to load these results up to mylaps.com!

I have everything...I believe...that I will need to upload the full lap details onto the site...now, this will be the first time I will be uploading full results, so if they do not come out right, I apologize and I will do as much as possible to correct it... The weekly transponder operator will have the program back in their possession shortly and I will be in contact with them to see if they will load anything up or if I should try...TRY!!!

Let me know. Wheel Git R Done!!!