PDA

View Full Version : Note On Racerhub Websites

RGeeProductions
04-20-2009, 10:47 AM
Anyone who is having issues please be aware that there is some server issues going on and if you are having trouble with any sites or the forum it is being looked into as I speak. We are sorry for any problems and they are being attended to immediately.

Gil
04-20-2009, 05:53 PM
Thanks for the heads up! I was on hold with Comcast waiting to ask them what was wrong with their service. Too funny!

:wave:

RGeeProductions
04-20-2009, 06:01 PM
Seems sites may be ok, still the forum and galleries may be affected. We have the info on what happened so working on it.

kinserfan11
04-20-2009, 07:22 PM
Thanks Richie; I just send you a im because i did not see this Post :mad:

Rich Mergl
04-21-2009, 06:56 AM
Thanks Rich
Something going on that Adobe Reader does not like.
Locks up my Computer as of 7:AM Tuesday morning. Trouble for 3 days now.

RGeeProductions
04-21-2009, 07:28 AM
It is a redirect script that opens Acrobat.....still working on it...

kinserfan11
04-21-2009, 02:50 PM
Thanks Rich

Rich; i have Adobe Reader and I can open the forums; you just have to click on it and it will open for you:cheers:

Rich Mergl
04-21-2009, 05:33 PM
Richie
Third time I have tried the site since I got home at 4:00PM. No problems at all, seems like every thing is A O.K..

RGeeProductions
04-21-2009, 08:09 PM
It's getting there. Glad to here that it seems ok.

Axel
04-22-2009, 08:41 AM
I can conect OK from work, but not at all from home. All IE6.

Linda
04-22-2009, 08:46 AM
Thanks Rich

Same here...since Monday it would freeze it up or I would have the Internet Options has encountered a problem:help:. Thank goodness it seems to be ok now!!! Thanks Richie:applause:

Axel
04-22-2009, 09:50 AM
yep- that's the problem I was having too from home. The page would freeze up, not load and froze all of my other applications.

RGeeProductions
04-22-2009, 11:53 AM
Alex, if you have Windows XP or higher, get IE 7.
IE 8 is out, and I have not heard of any major issues with it yet, but it is still Microsoft and I would wait on it. And for those who say Firefox is better, it is a bit more secure, but this issue showed up there also!!!
As for the fixes, JA is the one who has gone through the system correcting the files so thank him!!!!!

Axel
04-22-2009, 12:34 PM
now that I think about it, it was IE 7 at home (and work too). I acutally would like to get either Mozilla or FIrefox. Everyone talks very highly about both.

RGeeProductions
04-22-2009, 12:52 PM
It's free Alex, just download it. You can have both browsers or as many as you want actually. It is more secure but does have it's share of issues but many less than IE.

modscene
04-22-2009, 04:39 PM
I like Opera, and Firefox is also ok.

RGeeProductions
04-22-2009, 09:52 PM
BAD NEWS: Issues are back, but not for long!!
GOOD NEWS: Found who, what, when and where........

RGeeProductions
04-22-2009, 11:03 PM
Ok, for now, all seems ok EXCEPT some have lost pictures, avatars and signature pictures in the forum. They will back as soon as possible.

LiquidBread
04-22-2009, 11:45 PM
Nice job RGee ... all is cool here at home and in the office, but indeed lost pics. Hack job?

RGeeProductions
04-23-2009, 12:08 AM
Yup, sure was......and while fixing stuff decided to upgrade the forum version also, so now we have a bit of tweakin' to do.....
I found out if you lost your avatar, if you grab one from our database, it will show up....til we get'r going agin....LOL

broz
04-23-2009, 09:43 AM
Back in the "game"....Thanks Buddy! :cheers:

KickinAsphalt
04-24-2009, 11:10 AM
Wow... I feel TCH deprived...

I knew something was going on as the site totally hung opening with Firefox (which i've been using for like 2 years now)...

Not sure if this helps the board admin but this is what my A/V picked up (3x now) just now entering and browsing the forums...

http://i163.photobucket.com/albums/t286/Hotkeyfann/Misc/TCHTrojan.png

Tucknut
04-24-2009, 01:38 PM
This is what I get with Avast:

http://www.tucknut.net/temp/avast.jpg

RGeeProductions
04-25-2009, 07:02 PM
Thanks for the sceenshots.
JA has been very painfully repairing the system and we are aware of all the errors and warnings. We are doing what we can, as fast as we can, and it seems when all is ok someone else has an issue. It also seems some are getting their problems when they are actually gone because most people do not clean out their temp files and it still shows up when you go to any racerhub site that you had previously gone to when there was issues.
For yhose who don't understand this.
IE: Tools, Internet Options, either delete files or in Vista browsing history, then delete files, make sure you get ALL OFFLINE DATA!!!
Firefox: Tools, clear private Data and SELECT all items!!
As said, RacerHub has been hacked into and it effects, in one way or another:
The Chrome Horn
Mod Series Scene
photo galleries
forums
driver/car/race database onfo
JA has said all has been corrected but with something this bad it still may have traces around. I am trying to keep up on where we and JA are at and that's all I have right now. If there are still issues, PLEASE tell us the time and date this happens. If it was yesterday or later, PLEASE DO NOT POST THAT. We need current data only after clearing your internet temp files.
thanks....

LiquidBread
04-25-2009, 09:51 PM
Hope the air card is working because weather getting out of Michigan is scary bad. All still seems good given I cleaned out Firefox (home), and IE (office) as recommended. It blew up Slacker and Pandora, but a small price to pay to keep TCH current! Thanks for all the work RGee and LA. Ever wonder what goes through the heads of these low-lifes? They're pure cowards ... anonymous weenies with not enough spine to even look you in the eye. Hang in and thanks again. Beer and Subway tonight (sorry officer), 85 and racing tomorrow!

Precision Auto
04-25-2009, 10:02 PM
Thanks Richie and J.A. for all the time and effort you've put into getting TCH back up again. I spoke to J.A. last night and he sounded pretty wiped out. It's times like this that I wish I was more computer literate!........Linda

RGeeProductions
05-02-2009, 05:49 PM
p phz phz.....phzzz....w...e.....ar.e....back
Looks like a forum.........

ModTourMan
05-02-2009, 07:56 PM
Great to see the forum is back...thanks for all the effort!

RGeeProductions
05-02-2009, 08:00 PM
^^^Me too!!!!

LiquidBread
05-02-2009, 09:11 PM
Way to go RGee. Thanks for rolling up your sleeves ...

RGeeProductions
05-02-2009, 09:54 PM
LOL, if you knew me, I wear sleeveless shirts!!!!
JA did most of the work, then found a short cut to quicken things up this afternoon.....Thank JA ...