PDA

View Full Version : This weekend's weather looking good!!!

BigMac
04-20-2009, 05:26 PM
Multiple reports are showing temps in the 70's with plenty of sunshine both Saturday and Sunday. Should be a great weekend for racing.

RGeeProductions
04-20-2009, 06:05 PM
78 and sunny!!!!
sounds better than 70's!!! lol
let's go racin'

ModTourMan
04-20-2009, 07:48 PM
78 and sunny sounds great! I haven't been out in the sun too much this spring. I'm predicting my first "bleacher-burn" of the year on Sunday. I hope I remember the zinc oxide for my nose n' ears...or maybe I should do the white-handkerchief-under-the-cap thing...either way, I'll be stylin!

RGeeProductions
04-20-2009, 08:41 PM
78 and sunny sounds great! I haven't been out in the sun too much this spring. I'm predicting my first "bleacher-burn" of the year on Sunday. I hope I remember the zinc oxide for my nose n' ears...or maybe I should do the white-handkerchief-under-the-cap thing...either way, I'll be stylin!

Ok, then you should be easy to spot in the stands!!!!!
I feel a picture coming on!!! LOL

Jaws
04-20-2009, 11:03 PM
78 78 78 78 78 78 78 78 78 78 78 78

And Sunny!!!!!

Remember Teds race tours will do the driving for I believe $50.00.

LiquidBread
04-20-2009, 11:14 PM
Game time decision because of the office, but 70-30 good. I'll be wearing a beat up orange cap with a black 61 above the bill, including cling free sheets hanging off the back. Keeps the bugs away and the sun off us old guys. Not exactly stylin', but effective. I'm hoping high in Turn 1, looking feverishly for an Expos cap .....

KyleMac45
04-21-2009, 07:50 AM
I am so happy for the beautiful weather this weekend! Sorry but I will not be attending the Stafford race :(... I will be flagging on Sunday for the ATQMRA. Everyone have fun!

:cheers:

Kyle

stoningtonmodmania
04-21-2009, 05:56 PM
weather looking great cant wait 37 race of the year yes gonna beat last years i hope:wave:

ModTourMan
04-21-2009, 07:44 PM
Ok, then you should be easy to spot in the stands!!!!!
I feel a picture coming on!!! LOL

Catch me if you can! I'm a pretty easy target...even without the zinc oxide nose. Maybe I'll try to blend in with some (out of shape) lifeguards :lol:

I think I found a better solution...

MandyB
04-21-2009, 11:21 PM
Hope to see some of you up in this neck of the woods this weekend. The weather looks beautiful for the Sizzler! Nothing could be better for the opening weekend of our racing season.

I'll be in the pits for most of Saturday, but I'll be over in the turn one area of the general admission stands during Sunday's action. Feel free to say hi to the gal with the blackish hair and tinted prescription glasses if you see her. ;)

RGeeProductions
04-22-2009, 02:39 AM
Sounds good Mandy....

WhelanModFan
04-22-2009, 07:53 AM
I plan on attending this Sunday and yes the weather does look great.

One question. This will be my first trip to Stafford (only CT track I've never been to) and I am wondering what the infield will look like for Sunday. On the Stafford website they've got a few aerials. One shows the infield empty the other shows it packed with trailers etc. Obviously this would effect where I sit. I know Lee Speedway in NH tends to pack their infield for big races which sucks for seating. So which Stafford will I see this Sunday? Left or right? Thanks.

KyleMac45
04-22-2009, 08:30 AM

One question. This will be my first trip to Stafford (only CT track I've never been to) and I am wondering what the infield will look like for Sunday. On the Stafford website they've got a few aerials. One shows the infield empty the other shows it packed with trailers etc. Obviously this would effect where I sit. I know Lee Speedway in NH tends to pack their infield for big races which sucks for seating. So which Stafford will I see this Sunday? Left or right? Thanks.

You will be seeing the one on the right! No trailers on the infield. Only trackcrew and the pit crew w/ the war wagons. And some safety trucks.

Kyle

Sicklajoie
04-22-2009, 09:02 AM

The pic with the infield packed was taken during a swap meet.

Axel
04-22-2009, 09:51 AM
you can see just about anywhere at Stafford from almost any seat. I prpblay had the worst seats I've ever had last year at the Fall Final (way down low off of turn four) yet still could see everything.

WhelanModFan
04-22-2009, 10:00 AM
Sounds good. Thank You for the info.

MJProcko
04-22-2009, 11:04 AM
WhelenModfan,
it will be packed and virtually all the seats are good at stafford since the first row is high and back from the fence. the only thing you want to watch out for and this happens at many tracks but is really bad at Stafford is not to sit in the row that allows the top wire in the catch fence to line up with the back stretch. Nothing worse than trying to enjoy modifieds and having to duck to follow the cars down the back stretch.

RGeeProductions
04-22-2009, 11:56 AM
WhelenModfan,
it will be packed and virtually all the seats are good at stafford since the first row is high and back from the fence. the only thing you want to watch out for and this happens at many tracks but is really bad at Stafford is not to sit in the row that allows the top wire in the catch fence to line up with the back stretch. Nothing worse than trying to enjoy modifieds and having to duck to follow the cars down the back stretch.

Very good point!!!!

RGeeProductions
04-22-2009, 10:40 PM
Very small weather update...
82° Saturday, 85° Sunday
Holy weatherman batman....
Bring shorts, sun tan lotion, and an umbrella!!!!!

WhelanModFan
04-23-2009, 08:43 AM
WhelenModfan,

Good advice. Thanks MJ.

KyleMac45
04-23-2009, 01:33 PM
Very small weather update...
82° Saturday, 85° Sunday
Holy weatherman batman....
Bring shorts, sun tan lotion, and an umbrella!!!!!

Boy am I happy about this beautiful weather for the weekend! Yay! :cheers:

Like Jaws said about last week and I'll say it this week! You'd be crazy to sit home and not go to a race track!

Kyle

holleratme
04-23-2009, 02:46 PM
Boy am I happy about this beautiful weather for the weekend! Yay! :cheers:

Like Jaws said about last week and I'll say it this week! You'd be crazy to sit home and not go to a race track!

Kyle

ARE YOU GOING THIS WEEK KYLE????
Thought you were going to WALL;)

Jaws
04-23-2009, 07:20 PM

No, Kyle will be in Pa. at I think Mountain or whatever they call the place now flagging the 3/4 midget race.

KyleMac45
04-23-2009, 09:25 PM
:(

No, Kyle will be in Pa. at I think Mountain or whatever they call the place now flagging the 3/4 midget race.

No George I will not be there :( ...

Yes Jaws you got it right Sundance Vacations Speedway... Flagging the 3/4 Midgets... Check us out at HERE (http://www.atqmra.com)

Have Fun this weekend! My brother will be there gettin me updates :D

Kyle

RGeeProductions
04-23-2009, 10:12 PM
My brother will be there gettin me updates :D
Kyle

Getting you updates from where?
What you mean Willis???? TCH LIVE updates don't cut it any more???? LOL

11skmod
04-24-2009, 08:59 AM
Sounds like the weather will be great! Hope to see you there stop and say hello

KyleMac45
04-24-2009, 10:21 AM
Getting you updates from where?
What you mean Willis???? TCH LIVE updates don't cut it any more???? LOL

I can't get em from my phone silly! I would have it up if could though! :D

Kyle

BigMac
04-24-2009, 01:18 PM
Does Stafford have any dress codes for the pits (ie shorts). I don't seem to recall any but i figured I would double check.

MandyB
04-24-2009, 07:26 PM
Does Stafford have any dress codes for the pits (ie shorts). I don't seem to recall any but i figured I would double check.

No open-toed shoes. That's about it.