PDA

View Full Version : sad news

storminnorm
04-21-2009, 08:12 AM
Remember Three Wheeler Bill Halstead.He pass away suddenly of a heart attack Saturday April 18,2009. At bethel motor speedway White Lake NY He was 40 years young.
He was also known as the cowboy..

Viewing will be Thursday April 23,2009 at Ramseys Furneral Home 66 St Johns Street Monticello,New York. From 5pm-8pm with a service to follow.

Drive on Cowboy......

Geno
04-21-2009, 11:41 AM
Wow, another shock! :disgusted

Man, Bill was such a good guy- always said hello whether he was racing or at the track as a fan. He had a great year in that 3-wheeler back in 2005 and won several awards because of it.

Along with Bill, his family was very supportive of not only the track, but weekly give aways, etc. and they are the type of people that we didn’t have to ask for support. Instead, they would just offer.

My condolences go out to Bill’s family, friends and everyone that had the pleasure of knowing him- I know that I have.

Geno

NJ Chick
04-21-2009, 02:06 PM
We are so sorry to hear this awful news. Bill was one of the first people to come over to say hi and offer any help to us the first night we went to Bethel last year. With all the problems we had with our car throughout the season, he always offered his help and support which was greatly appreciated. Truly one of the good guys, both as a racer and as a person.

Our deepest condolences to his entire family and friends, especially to you Norm and Joe, I know you were all good buddies for a long time.
Rest in peace Cowboy, you will be greatly missed.:*-(

Howie & Cindy
#75 - Bethel Street Stock

intense1
04-21-2009, 07:52 PM
Bill was a great guy.
Everyone at Sundance Vacations Speedway wishes his family all the best during these tough times.

Maddawg
04-21-2009, 08:23 PM
Man, I had alot of fun racing with Bill, truely one of the nicest people I ever met at any racetrack... He will be missed by all who knew him.
Our Thoughts and Prayers go out to the entire Halsteed Family
Maddawg Motorsports
Bob,Jody Eric and Jacob Wink

toots
04-22-2009, 05:57 PM
Yes indeed- Bill was a great guy. Very friendly and always willing to help whenever he could. I remember it took one whole year to get everyone to get the spelling of his last name right and to this day i can't remember if it is one "L' or two "L's"
My condolences to Bill's entire family and friends.

17Racer
04-22-2009, 08:53 PM
Bill was a great guy, one of the nicest people i ever had the opportunity to meet at the racetrack. he will be greatly missed:(