PDA

View Full Version : Eric Beers Dominates Mahoning Valley Opener For DeLange Racing

modscene
04-22-2009, 08:26 AM
Date: April 22, 2009

Eric Beers of Northampton, Pennsylvania, made his debut in the DeLange Racing/Horwith Freightliner #45 Modified a successful one by dominating the first round of the Modified 100 Poker Series. Beers started from the pole position and led every lap to garner his unprecedented fifth 100-lap victory and 25th triumph overall on the tight Mahoning oval last Saturday night.

The Victory Lane ceremony after the win was a mixture of celebration and sorrow. During the offseason Beers lost three very close individuals; his father, Dale Beers, his nephew Dakota Galusha who was one week shy of his 13th birthday, and his best friend and fellow racer Keith Kocher. He tearfully remembered those three special people in his Victory Lane comments. But the joy of winning was the order of the night.

“Dave and Laura DeLange and my crew gave me a great racecar to drive,” explained Beers from the frontstretch after the race. “All the hard work we did this winter, building the car and all the late nights in the garage, it all paid off today. This was the first time the car was on the track and it was good right away but not fantastic, so we made some adjustments and it all paid off. We just changed two little things before the feature that woke the car right up and away we went.”

Car owner Dave DeLange was equally jubilant in victory. “This was a fantastic night, absolutely fantastic. The car was strong from beginning to end and Eric drove a marvelous race. For the first time out I was totally surprised how well we ran. The 2009 Troyer cars have had problems so far but ours performed flawlessly. I can’t say enough about the crew that put this car together – they did a super job. The motor Scott Ritter of RPM Racing Engines in Lehighton built for us was very stout. I’m pleased with that, too. It was a night to remember. Now I’m anxious to go to the next race.”

DeLange Racing will be idle for three weeks but will return to action on Saturday, May 9. On that date they will visit another Pennsylvania track, Sundance Vacations Speedway (the former Mountain Speedway) in St John’s. This will be a new venture for the DeLange team but Beers has raced there many times and is always a threat to win. Everyone is anxious to get to the track and keep the momentum flowing for the following weekend’s race at their home track, the season opener at Dunn Tire Raceway Park on May 16. That will mark the beginning of the busy portion of the 2009 schedule at DeLange Racing. We hope to see you at the tracks!