PDA

View Full Version : Good news/ bad news

limodmaniac
04-22-2009, 04:13 PM
This from Area Auto Racing-

Good news, the True Value Race at Lee in July will now pay 2500 to win and 500 for last place, thanks to some sponsorship deals.

Bad news, the True Value mods will NOT be racing at All Star. Seems that there is concern about the financial stability of the track.

They are hoping to schedule another race in place of All Star, but haven't made a decision yet. Possibly a race Labor Day weekend.

I vote for a race at White Mountain.

catfish
04-22-2009, 04:31 PM
I read somewhere they may not even give him permits to open this year. A large pile of old tires and other issues(don't remember exactly).

uticamike
04-22-2009, 08:14 PM
Hmmmmmmmmm 'bout Airborne??:applause:

LiquidBread
04-22-2009, 10:58 PM
I know that this opens up a whole can of worms. Star is a good venue, great place to see the ground-pounders. But wasn't this an issue last year as well?

BigMac
04-23-2009, 11:44 AM
It was hard not to see this coming. I actually crossed May 16th off my schedule a week or so ago. Even if they open, they don't have many cars left. A lot of the weekly teams are going to Lee or Beech Ridge. Who would have thought there would be a track worse off than Waterford.

limodmaniac
04-24-2009, 05:20 PM
http://modifiedracingseries.com/AllStar.pdf

CynthiaTork
04-26-2009, 08:38 PM
This from Area Auto Racing-

Bad news, the True Value mods will NOT be racing at All Star. Seems that there is concern about the financial stability of the track.

They are hoping to schedule another race in place of All Star, but haven't made a decision yet. Possibly a race Labor Day weekend.

How about a co-sanction at Oswego for Labor Day and maybe we can see some racing and passing, unlike the snoozefest the ROC tour puts on

MJProcko
04-27-2009, 01:39 PM
How about a co-sanction at Oswego for Labor Day and maybe we can see some racing and passing, unlike the snoozefest the ROC tour puts on

That's not even realistic. That is the crown jewel for the Roc teams and they don't need a warm up act, besides I believe they have a SSt race allready. Especially one that won't get more than a dozen cars to travel that far from home. Worry about building the events the TVers allready have. As for a ROC snoozefest.... did you notice that if the lapped car didn't take out Alexander there would not have been a pass for the lead Saturday?

limodmaniac
04-27-2009, 05:05 PM
When Alexander starts up front, you have to expect he might stay there. A snooze fest? Guess you werent' watching Dwight Jarvis. Sometimes the racing excitement isn't always up front.

MXCHAMP04
04-27-2009, 09:29 PM
They are actually looking at a tace at wall stadium on labor day weekend.

CynthiaTork
04-27-2009, 11:08 PM
That's not even realistic. That is the crown jewel for the Roc teams and they don't need a warm up act, besides I believe they have a SSt race allready. Especially one that won't get more than a dozen cars to travel that far from home. Worry about building the events the TVers allready have. As for a ROC snoozefest.... did you notice that if the lapped car didn't take out Alexander there would not have been a pass for the lead Saturday?

Not the actual ROC race, but the ROC tour than runs 125 laps on Saturday of Labor Day Weekend. BORING.

I really miss the Bud Mod 200. Now that had good racing.

bud
04-28-2009, 10:53 PM
I think MJP was in the beer garden from noon on if he was even there.......lol boring race.......hmmm hope he don't watch cup!

LiquidBread
04-29-2009, 12:02 AM
Not the actual ROC race, but the ROC tour than runs 125 laps on Saturday of Labor Day Weekend. BORING.

I really miss the Bud Mod 200. Now that had good racing.

Ms. Tork,

I miss it too. We lost a good man there in '82, as well as others. Always a good turnout. Guess I'm showing my age, but boy, was that a weekend. My father would pack in the coolers of OV splits a week in advance, with the grill and brats in tow. My Mom would be at the end of the driveway to wave us off ... just shaking her head. I ran into Jack Conley at a diner at breakfast just before Christmas last year. By the time the stories were over it was after 3 pm and I had enough coffee in me to bring in an FM station ...

MJProcko
04-29-2009, 10:00 AM
I think MJP was in the beer garden from noon on if he was even there.......lol boring race.......hmmm hope he don't watch cup!

We have a Bud sighting! You know I have to throw these tidbits out there to see if you got off the bass boat in time for racing season. You know I was not there, just following the great coverage here on CH. After the Ice Breaker, unfortunately I am not getting out of Florida for the Mods until Bristol. There is still a chance for the Stafford/TRoad weekend but Daughters finals are the following week. As for the cup race I awoke just in time to see Edwards getting liftoff. There are a few cup races still worth watching, just avoid anything on a "D" shaped 1.5 to 2 mile oval for starters.

Just saying easy on bashing the other series, and branching out to far from the TV base is not a good idea in this economy, or for the series in general.

uticamike
04-30-2009, 12:43 AM
True enough while Kirk A was kicking butt there was plenty of good racing back in the pack. The passing for the lead was not for lack of trying. Eddy Dach, Goody and couple of others gave it the ole college try. Kirk was very strong. Kenny White
took a good race and made it a great one. Good for the fans but at Kirks expense.
As for the ROC snoozefest many races in recent years at Oswego have been largely that. Seems the outside groove at the Palace is gone away. Still there are plenty of good races run on the ROC tour. I still want to see a ROC/TVMS mixer.
When I scratch off the right lottery ticket I'm going to reintroduce the NE/NY race world to the "NEW Albany/Saratoga" speedway fresh with new paving. BIG purse (from
somewhere) and have the boys come. 4/10 mile is a good size for both series and its about 1/2 way between. I can't wait!!..............( uh mike...mike.....you can wake up now) LOL. dare to dream.

bud
05-04-2009, 12:04 AM
MJ there is never a bass big enough to keep me from a local mod race! Funny thing how all my dates are booked for any TVMS weekends.....lol.
See you at Thunder Raod if you make it up!