PDA

View Full Version : Great Win for TC

Jaws
04-26-2009, 06:07 PM
Coming from the rear after a left rear flat, TC had the field covered!

Mike Stefanik warned Ted during a caution that the tire was going down and saved the day for TC.

Good racing today.

jfp711
04-26-2009, 06:39 PM
The King keeps rolling......Good Job TC....

Timin' Girl
04-26-2009, 06:58 PM
Another great win for Teddy and the awesome 36 crew... Way to go from the back to the front... :applause::applause::applause:

oleblue
04-26-2009, 11:35 PM
ted must be the hottest driver in the states, did you see that move of three when i believe three or fours cars. ted is great everywhere but at stafford is unbelevable. awesome job ted and the entire 36 team:)

WhelanModFan
04-27-2009, 09:16 AM
Congrats to TC and crew! :cheers:

hollywoodmic
04-27-2009, 10:33 AM
OK I wasn't privy to the NASCAR radio but if anyone was please tell me how this worked? The lights are off on the pace car we are going green and on the backstretch TC gets a flat. He's inside of the pace car so the pace car can't get back down pit road so the caution comes out, obviously for him. How was there no penalty for that?? Unless I have it wrong they threw a caution because TC had a flat, no?? Again let me say I am not a TC hater, I thought the moves he made yesterday were amazing, and if he lost a lap he may have won it anyway.If anyone heard the NASCAR Radio transmission I would love to know what was said. I just thought it was a little odd.

TMAC
04-27-2009, 12:25 PM
Congrats TC and 36 Crew!Great win!While reading the race on the horn,got to wondering if car was gonna "haul the mail" with 2 new rear tires[They did change both after his left rear went down right?],guess so YES!!!!

Been following TC for a long time,just can't believe the roll TC and team have been on since last year!IT"S GREAT!!!!

RGeeProductions
04-27-2009, 01:14 PM
OK I wasn't privy to the NASCAR radio but if anyone was please tell me how this worked? The lights are off on the pace car we are going green and on the backstretch TC gets a flat. He's inside of the pace car so the pace car can't get back down pit road so the caution comes out, obviously for him. How was there no penalty for that?? Unless I have it wrong they threw a caution because TC had a flat, no?? Again let me say I am not a TC hater, I thought the moves he made yesterday were amazing, and if he lost a lap he may have won it anyway.If anyone heard the NASCAR Radio transmission I would love to know what was said. I just thought it was a little odd.

Steve, very valid point you have........
Congrats to the whole #36 team, you guys did have the program covered, hands down.

Jaws
04-27-2009, 01:49 PM
Congrats TC and 36 Crew!Great win!While reading the race on the horn,got to wondering if car was gonna "haul the mail" with 2 new rear tires[They did change both after his left rear went down right?],guess so YES!!!!

Been following TC for a long time,just can't believe the roll TC and team have been on since last year!IT"S GREAT!!!!

I believe left rear only, they had already changed tires the stop before.

wheelz
04-27-2009, 02:35 PM

I completely agree with you, something was definitely rotten in Denmark! Also, when T.C. moved up into the 2nd position from 4th place a caution was thrown and he still restarted in 2nd. I think the guy is a great driver, I just don't like track politics. Gotta be honest though, I was pulling for the #12 yesterday.

W. J.
04-27-2009, 03:38 PM
They told us in the press box when the yellow came out on lap 114 that it would be a 'quicky yellow'. That was the caution that gave Jimmy Blewett a lap back, but there seemed to be some confusion during that time which stretched the caution period to lap 126. We were given no reason for it, and it didn't seem they were giving TC anything, just took longer to open pit road and to wave Jimmy by to take his spot at the tail end of the pack. I didn't have my scanner with me like I usually do, so I can offer no further explanation for it.

JED
04-27-2009, 04:03 PM

I was right there to shoot the stop. Only the left side flat was changed. A new sticker tire was put on.

hollywoodmic
04-27-2009, 04:16 PM
Yeah W.J I understand all of that but, what does that have to do with giving the "we're going green next time by" turning the light off on the pace car, and TC gets a flat and the caution comes out??? The point I made had nothing to do with "opening" pit road or Jimmy Blewett getting his lap back. TC's flat was the only reason for the caution the track was clear everyone was in line to go green. The caution from my view came out because the pace car was blocked from getting to pit road. Again I have friends on that team and I think TC did a great job. In the future how will you stop anyone from pulling up alongside the pace car so it can't get in the pits and getting a caution so they don't loose a lap???Just hoping for consistency.

I do want to add congratulations to the entire 36 team. They are on a Stefanik type roll right now. I think it's great for Eddie, and Brad, Glenno and that entire team.

BigMac
04-27-2009, 05:22 PM
Big win for TC. However, I felt like he got by the 16 and 3 when they let off after one of them got into the 2. So I wouldn't classify it as a great pass. Todd's save on the other hand was pretty awesome. That being said, Ted had them covered.

Can somebody explain why there were 11 caution laps for Flemke's spin. He didn't hit anything and drove away. There were another 8 or 9 caution laps for the 21's spin. Same deal, doesn't hit anything and drives away. I don't pay to watch caution laps. There shouldn't be but 2 or 3 caution laps for incidents like that.

wheelz
04-27-2009, 05:40 PM
I also want to congratulate Ted Christopher and the entire 36 team. You guys are dialed in and Ted was obviously driving the fastest car, with help from both the driver and the team.

It was sad seeing Reggie get wrecked on the first lap.

Jaws
04-27-2009, 06:34 PM
Yeah W.J I understand all of that but, what does that have to do with giving the "we're going green next time by" turning the light off on the pace car, and TC gets a flat and the caution comes out??? The point I made had nothing to do with "opening" pit road or Jimmy Blewett getting his lap back. TC's flat was the only reason for the caution the track was clear everyone was in line to go green. The caution from my view came out because the pace car was blocked from getting to pit road. Again I have friends on that team and I think TC did a great job. In the future how will you stop anyone from pulling up alongside the pace car so it can't get in the pits and getting a caution so they don't loose a lap???Just hoping for consistency.

I do want to add congratulations to the entire 36 team. They are on a Stefanik type roll right now. I think it's great for Eddie, and Brad, Glenno and that entire team.

You know maybe what Ted did by jumping under the pace car to pit was unintentional just trying to get to pit road as quick as possible or a veteran driver that did something that saved himself the race either way it preserved a win that was hid anyway.

I am sure NASCAR will look at that more closely from now on.

W. J.
04-27-2009, 07:36 PM
Can somebody explain why there were 11 caution laps for Flemke's spin. He didn't hit anything and drove away. There were another 8 or 9 caution laps for the 21's spin. Same deal, doesn't hit anything and drives away. I don't pay to watch caution laps. There shouldn't be but 2 or 3 caution laps for incidents like that.You'll need to buy or borrow a scanner, tune to 461.2000 (frequency) to be able to hear the official reason for anything. I didn't bring mine yesterday, and obviously missed out on some good(?) information.

ModTourMan
04-27-2009, 08:10 PM
You know maybe what Ted did by jumping under the pace car to pit was unintentional just trying to get to pit road as quick as possible or a veteran driver that did something that saved himself the race either way it preserved a win that was hid anyway.

I am sure NASCAR will look at that more closely from now on.

That was my gut feeling on this issue as well. I can't say for sure what I witnessed - I was not totally focused on TC and the pace car as it unfolded. However, the yellow lights on the pace car have been switched back 'on' many times at many locations through the years so I can't rule out coincidence either. Did TC find a week spot in the NASCAR restart procedure? If he did it was brilliant and he timed it perfectly. Did he stumble on it by accident? Probably, in my opinion. Either way, I don't think he cheated his way into the pits. If it was intentional, I put this move in the same category as faking a stalled motor after a spin or spinning tires in the turn to throw dirt on the track for the purpose of drawing a caution. Do it once or twice - fine. Make a habit of it - black flag!
All that being said, I have to say that TC's drive was one of the best drives ever by a Modified stock car driver! I realize that he had the field covered by
2/10's of second in time-trials, but this was a strong field of cars he drove through. With 30 laps (or so) left he sat in fifth position. I thought for sure we would be in for at least 30 laps of intense and exiting racing. I was shocked when TC crammed all of that excitement into one move!

Edit: Does anyone have a video of the pace car blocking incident?

LiquidBread
04-27-2009, 09:43 PM
Is there anyone hotter than TC and the 36 team right now? Gotta admit, love him or hate him, that was one impressive deal.

To echo Jaws on another post, what a day, what a crowd, what a race!!!! A bit bleary eyed when I waltzed into the office at noon today, but well worth it.

Couple of observations:

1.) Didn't notice the TC pace car incident, but TC doesn't miss much. This sport has always been about pushing the gray areas, and I'm not one for coincidences.

2.) I bet that Pennick has a good case of racer's arthritis today. Scary ride and glad to see him walk away. Didn't see the cause, mechanical or helped?

3.) Ought to be interesting to see what Matt has to say this time, especially since it didn't involve Showtime. Lia definitely got into him, but it looked like a good deal of blocking from my vantage point.

4.) Nice run for Preece and the Boehler team. We'll hear from them again before the year's out.

Great weekend folks.

klc
04-27-2009, 10:04 PM

Hey Hollywood, the "official" reason for the caution coming out at that point was that somehow the Nascar computer system goofed up and the 09 had gotten a lap on them. They made the 09 stop in turn 2 so that the field could pass him and everything was straightened out. It seems it was coincidence that the 36 had a problem and had to pit at that time as well.

NLECUYER
04-28-2009, 10:42 AM
Hey Hollywood, the "official" reason for the caution coming out at that point was that somehow the Nascar computer system goofed up and the 09 had gotten a lap on them. They made the 09 stop in turn 2 so that the field could pass him and everything was straightened out. It seems it was coincidence that the 36 had a problem and had to pit at that time as well.

LOL are you kidding ...if that was a 2nd or 3rd place car the cation would have never came out ..they would have pitted and been 3 laps down ..TC shouldent have been a factor at the end of that race ... Thats their golden boy ....car was the class of the field ... but still racing incident happen to everyone ... and should have finished about 16th ...computer error ..yea ok just llike they dident know about a pot hole Bulls#@*:mad:

TMAC
04-28-2009, 12:06 PM
Thanks Jaws,Jed for the heads up..

hollywoodmic
04-28-2009, 01:38 PM
I don't know about that one klc. All I am trying to point out here is if Ryan Preece is 3rd at Martinsville and he has the same problem I just hope they stay consistent with the call and give him the caution without penalty. I think the computer deal and putting the 09 back in line may have been part of the reason for the long caution W.J pointed out. He (the 09) wasn't sitting in turn 2 when we were going green, the track was clean. I was on this tour for a long time, and politics are politics, smart veteran moves are smart veteran moves and consistency has never been consistency so I will be very interested to see if anyone else uses this move TC used and doesn't get penalized.

klc
04-28-2009, 08:07 PM
I don't know about that one klc. All I am trying to point out here is if Ryan Preece is 3rd at Martinsville and he has the same problem I just hope they stay consistent with the call and give him the caution without penalty. I think the computer deal and putting the 09 back in line may have been part of the reason for the long caution W.J pointed out. He (the 09) wasn't sitting in turn 2 when we were going green, the track was clean. I was on this tour for a long time, and politics are politics, smart veteran moves are smart veteran moves and consistency has never been consistency so I will be very interested to see if anyone else uses this move TC used and doesn't get penalized.

I'm not speculating. I was spotting and that was the call from the tower. The 09 got a lap on the field somehow and it needed to be corrected. It was corrected when the 09 stopped in turns 1 & 2 and let the field pass on the same caution while the 36 was changing their tire. You're right that he (the09) wasn't in turn two when we were going green. They didn't call for the change until the cars were headed into 3 to take the green and had to fix the problem under caution.

Anyway, the 36 team did a great job and got a lucky break with the caution coming out. Congrats to them!