PDA

View Full Version : Spring fling!

DerbyN8-128
04-26-2009, 06:29 PM
First race down. I think the message board here is bad luck...saw a lot of regular posters having trouble today, including me.

But I had a blast for 30 some laps, and will be back in May.

Got a little dusty there in the big car heat ayy?

mcstockcar
04-26-2009, 09:40 PM
Just a little dusty? I would like to thank all of you at neets for helping out this rookie today with tech support,helpful hints, and oh yeah those who helped roll my car back on to its wheels after that gaurdrail jumped out in front of me! I had a really good time and learned alot today. I hope to repair my car for next month. I already have a line on a 73 luguna! Congrats Tim on your win and thanks. :)

EnduroFromDE
04-26-2009, 10:03 PM
congrates to all that...well... finished...:lol: the track did some numbers on us 4 cyls... had a good car too...but I guess trying to pass on the outside of 4 wide coming off turn 2 wasnt the best of moves... I will be back for the next one too...hopfully... all i need is all new R/F suspension and a chizzle to remove some of the concrete from out of my car... Im going to feel that tommorrow... Nate's right on that one...maybe I should stay logged off until the next race... Overall it was a very clean, yet dusty race...maybe if it gets like that next time, stop at midway and wet the track down...driving blind at a fast track like grandview can be dangerous...wait what....steve in the cavalier won...no wait thats a different steve in a different cavalier...:rolleyes: congrates to steve and tim for their wins...

spier racing 93
04-26-2009, 10:27 PM
the track did some numbers on us 4 cyls... had a good car too...but I guess trying to pass on the outside of 4 wide coming off turn 2 wasnt the best of moves... I will be back for the next one too...hopfully... all i need is all new R/F suspension and a chizzle to remove some of the concrete from out of my car... Im going to feel that tommorrow...

that looked like a real hard hit! glad nobody was hurt racing in the dustbowl today! great racing everyone:cheers:

enduroracer131
04-27-2009, 12:25 AM
Well I had fun today, my first race on dirt, I wish I coulda got more then 15min of racing it, but the car died in the infield. Ended up being 2 spark plug wires came off the plugs:mad:. Now I know I gota secure them somehow:confused:. Glad no one got hurt in any of the wrecks.

EnduroFromDE
04-27-2009, 07:45 AM
the car died in the infield. Ended up being 2 spark plug wires came off the plugs:mad:. Now I know I gota secure them somehow:confused:..
zip ties seemed to work for me before...i drilled a tiny whole in the wire boot and found something close to zip tie it to...

Steve Haegele
04-27-2009, 01:18 PM
After some 20+ years of running Enduro`s these Grandview races really make it fun again, thanks Joe and Erin for making it happen.

enduroracer131
04-27-2009, 01:38 PM
Thanks I will get right on that for the next race. Its amazing how somthing so simple can end your day racing, guess its better to get the bugs worked out first.

DerbyN8-128
04-27-2009, 04:07 PM
My toggle switch for the cooling fan broke and I was working to get the wiring pulled off the back and spliced together during the red flag around lap 31...but I bumped my ignition toggle and shut the car off.

guess the started/battery weren't enough to kick over a 265 degree engine.

I'll be back next time...even though my tempo is slooowww

sorry to whoever started right behind me...just didn't have much get up and go.

:disgusted

critter
04-27-2009, 06:46 PM
well i had a blast for my first time , little s10 went 40 laps i think , im hopin to be back in may either a s10 or ummm a big ol crysler i happen to have lol

DerbyN8-128
04-27-2009, 11:55 PM
JLynnphotos.com has pictures posted for anyone interested in seeing them

DerbyN8-128
04-28-2009, 12:03 AM
sorry to whoever started right behind me...just didn't have much get up and go.

:disgusted

I just realized the car that started behind me ended up winning the race...guess I didn't slow you down too much :cool: