PDA

View Full Version : #56 surgery..

mcstockcar
04-29-2009, 09:23 PM
The #56 monte carlo will live to race again thru extensive sheetmetal reconstructive surgery. Its not as bad as it seems until i got it apart. Portapowers ,large equiptment ,brute strength and a few beers will get you everywhere.:)

EnduroFromDE
04-29-2009, 09:41 PM
you didnt make the fender out of beer cans did ya...?

mcstockcar
04-29-2009, 09:48 PM
It would sure be light weight, Make you thursty everytime you saw my fender.:lol:

EnduroFromDE
04-29-2009, 09:50 PM
ummmmm.......fender.....:drool:

mcstockcar
04-29-2009, 09:55 PM
I should cover the fender with all the beer cans it took to fix my driving mistake, the fender already isnt big enough!

BIGDADDY64
04-30-2009, 07:46 AM
i wouldn't want to count the # of beers and late nite hours it took to build my monte. good luck in surgery . hope she makes it.haha
see you in may

critter
05-03-2009, 06:41 PM
go figure my big brother needs beer to work on his car , me just mt dew lol good luck fixin that gem

richardpetey
05-03-2009, 09:46 PM
Don't worry Jack, in enduro racing there is no "driving mistakes"................:rolleyes:
We only experience temporary moments of extreme enduro fever usually accompanied by the growing of horns under your helmet causing drastic short term memory loss followed closely by the paralyzing sounds of bending and twisting metal..................................:eek:
UNCLE PETEY....................:wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave:

mcstockcar
05-03-2009, 10:18 PM
Worked on car for 12 hours on sat. Skinned the door and flattened it out. welded it back together, portapowed roof piller out and qtr panels. Fixed wheel well and am trying now to sraighten the bumper and the rad support. Oh yeah, the right side frames bent! I will most likley cut and reposition the frame with the backhoe and plate it up. Dirt track handleing might not bad but on the asphalt if I dont fix it it wont be worth a dam. Ill be ready for New egypt, my old home town track. You all ready??????:D

mcstockcar
05-05-2009, 08:38 PM
I thought I did good when I found a fender that was a right side so I was told, WRONG!! :mad: But, I did get a nice straight bumper and brackets and other goodies.:D Ill try this time to NOT bend this one up like a pretzel..MMMMM pretzel, pass the beer.:cheers: Off to the fab shop to make a fender.:(

BIGDADDY64
05-05-2009, 10:12 PM
just lettingyou know i havebeen doing reconstructive surgery on rear quarter panel of my monte where the wheel decided it didnt wantta stay anymore
talk to you in post op

can you pass me a beer::cheers:

critter
05-06-2009, 01:49 PM
:cheers::D:wave:

NJ Chick
05-06-2009, 03:51 PM
Hey Jack, could you hear the announcer (Mark) during the race at all? Everytime you had an incident he would groan and cry, "Get away from my car"! Guess he had one exactly like it at one point in his life. Then when you flipped her on her side, he completely broke out in pimples!!!:lol:

mcstockcar
05-06-2009, 09:33 PM
Thats too funny! Icouldnt hear anything but the rubbing of tire on fender, and the echoing of the crunch of metal when I got drilled by someone. Live and learn:)