05-03-2009, 11:15 AM
Anyone on Twitter

SHREK

RGeeProductions
05-03-2009, 03:44 PM
TWITTER?
MYSPACE?
FACEBOOK?
I am sorry but I find this so funny that people use all these spots to tell others everything from going shopping, to going to bed and even wiping their ***! I even see people in there ALL DAY! My goodness, GET A REAL LIFE!!!! (not aimed at you SHREK)
I have 2 of the above and visit maybe 2 times a week each of them. If I wanted my info out there that often, I would just invite everyone over or get a webpage......or become a teenager again....imagine that!!!!

SHREK
05-03-2009, 04:08 PM
I use it to update people when I am at the races, like who is winning and crashing and making the show and not making it

SHREK

RGeeProductions
05-03-2009, 05:31 PM
Twitter does have some advantages, like your example, as does text messaging. My point was that most people live by them and that I don't get....

SHREK
05-03-2009, 06:00 PM
No, I got ya. I just got it today so the next time i am out at a track I will be doing Updates and stuff

SHREK

curious
05-10-2009, 11:35 PM
TWITTER?
MYSPACE?
FACEBOOK?
I am sorry but I find this so funny that people use all these spots to tell others everything from going shopping, to going to bed and even wiping their ***! I even see people in there ALL DAY! My goodness, GET A REAL LIFE!!!! (not aimed at you SHREK)
I have 2 of the above and visit maybe 2 times a week each of them. If I wanted my info out there that often, I would just invite everyone over or get a webpage......or become a teenager again....imagine that!!!!

You're looking at Twitter in a very bad light.

Twitter is actually an excellent networking and marketing tool when used properly. I had a tech site for a while and used Twitter to update readers on new articles and also used it to keep in touch with my audience. I don't have my site anymore because it became too much work, but I still keep in touch with my audience, and I have even been asked to travel and meet a few people at Tweet-ups for networking purposes. There are also a lot of events in NYC that focus around this as well.

Another good use for Twitter, an RSS feed, which is really what I use it for the most now.

Facebook itself is a great tool to keep in touch with people. I honestly wouldn't talk to half of the people I do now if it wasn't for Facebook.

I really enjoy social media sites and think they serve a purpose if used properly.

RGeeProductions
05-11-2009, 12:02 AM
I only said some people live by it, that's all.
is out dumping garbage...
watches some TV....
etc, etc, etc
I also said there are advantages and don't deny that.