PDA

View Full Version : $22?

BlingxBling
05-03-2009, 10:31 PM
Ok.....I just wanted to clarify that there is nothing wrong with my Blackberry Storm......is it really $22 to get in next week?

witchin8
05-03-2009, 11:11 PM
yes it is.... 100 lap mod race

461_SS
05-04-2009, 04:26 PM
wow, that's a lot to get in!

dups
05-04-2009, 04:42 PM
$44 for 2 of us to get in?????
I think I'll stay home!!!!!

W. J.
05-04-2009, 05:07 PM
Everyone wants to see the mods run for a "Large Purse", but when they have to pay that bill, they want to stay home. :disgusted

Think about it, where do you think that money comes from? :confused:

dups
05-04-2009, 05:26 PM
I personally don't really care that much for that mods, I go mostly for the late models.
I also understand that the money has to come from somewhere, but an increase of 12 dollars seems awfully much. I'm not that dumb:confused:
I'm just not willing to pay that much to get in.

No harm it's only 2 of us not coming

33Munky34
05-04-2009, 07:57 PM
WJ, I think I read a press realease not to long ago that stated that the higher purse was because of a race sponsor. Other then d&b towing. If this race turns out to be anything like the first tt mods it won't be :worth the $10 I paid last time. But with that being said I am sure I will find my dumba~~ at the track saturday night.

W. J.
05-05-2009, 07:52 AM
Well, that was my point. The purse money has to come from somewhere, and those who don't like that have a choice. Spend the money, see the race, or save the money, miss the race.
The second choice may sound good, until your buddy that went tells you it was one of the greatest races they've ever seen. Then you question your own judgment about deciding not to go.
So is there a big buck sponsor for the race or not?

jm31
05-05-2009, 09:41 AM
Go to the track's website, click on "Track News" and it's the first story.

"The first of several special extended lap races for the Tour Type Modifieds will kick off on Saturday, May 9 and the feature winner will pocket $3500, thanks to Global Risk Management and D&B Towing."

intense1
05-05-2009, 10:24 AM
So is there a big buck sponsor for the race or not?

No, not a big bucks sponsor...but, thanks to the folks at Global Risk Management and D + B towing, the winner's share will be worth $3500.
W.J., wasn't it Vince Lombardi that said, "Winning isn't everything, it's the ONLY thing."
It's great that asphalt modified racing is still alive and well, in northeast PA.

W. J.
05-05-2009, 04:27 PM
it's great that asphalt modified racing is still alive and well, in northeast pa.
Yes it is, indeed!

modfan#22
05-05-2009, 05:35 PM
:disgusted
Everyone wants to see the mods run for a "Large Purse", but when they have to pay that bill, they want to stay home. :disgusted

Think about it, where do you think that money comes from? :confused:

large first place pay-out, not like WALLS pay-out $3000 for first $1000 for 5th .so why $22.00 bucks @ Sundance when Walls show is also $22.00 bucks. Sundance anit no WALL ,if it were up to me $18.00 bucks for the sundance show just to get the people in the stands . MVS has a show that night to for $14.00 bucks I think, and thier running mods also. Sooo what i'am saying is for four more dollars i'll go but not for 8 more. times are bad enough.

THE MONEY ($500.00) BUCKS IS COMING FROM A SPONSOR, NOT YOU OR ME . NOT ME ANYWAYS. :disgusted

intense1
05-05-2009, 06:44 PM
Yes...it is $22 for an adult grandstand admission, to see the top asphalt modified drivers battle it out for 100 laps and the $3500 top prize.
It is also just $10, for a regular saturday night show...What's your point?
Have you been to a concert lately?...How much are the cheap seats???
Modfan #22...you are entitled to your opinion.
Enjoy the show, wherever you may go.
If you come to SVS, stop and say "Hello".

I am always willing to chat about the past, present, and future of our great sport.

dups
05-05-2009, 08:37 PM
You mention concert ticket prices, below are prices for minor league sports we have in our area.

Arca race at Pocono $20 cheap seats
Scranton Wilkes Barre Yankees $10-14, a chance to see major leaguers
Wilkes Barre Baby Pens $18 for cheap seats for a playoff game

I understand some type of price increase is needed for this special show but 120% increase of the normal Saturday show is alot.
I think 5 dollars more is resonable, 120% seems like your taking advantage of your regulars.

intense1
05-05-2009, 09:28 PM
Based on the past, there are many fans that ONLY come to see the Big Mods for extra distance shows. They come to see the 600 horsepower, ground pounding asphalt Modifieds blister the speedway, two and three wide...regardless of what the admission fee is.
Both the May 9th and July 18th shows have been extended by 25 laps, which WILL bring pit strategy into play.
For the regulars, it may seem like a bit of an increase at the front gate, but it is a special show.

WE'LL SEE YOU AT THE RACES!

jm31
05-05-2009, 09:36 PM
Why is this carrying on? If you don't want to go, don't.
True hardcore racers and fans will go to any show to fuel their passion. If you would rather go watch baseball, then go by all means. If you'd rather go to an ARCA race at Pocono, then go..I do..
At least compare the prices to a Mod Tour show. How much is it to get into Riverhead..or New Hampshire, or Martinsville? To me it's the racing that's important. To bicker about prices is childish..I guess it takes all types...

Grandstand
05-05-2009, 09:40 PM
Yes, maybe there is a sponsor...the PA series regular payout is $3000.00 to win. Everyone seems to be just looking at the first number..what about 2nd place through 20th? The extra $500.00 to win has come from a sponsor but to make the payout, the grandstand admission pays that purse, also the Late Model, Factory Stocks and TQ's purse. Wall's grandstand admission per week is $17.00, $22.00 for special shows (which seems to be each week). Maybe MVS is $14.00 and they have mods too, but how many laps? Certainly not 100.

SVS's regular grandstand admission price is $10.00 each week, with the exception of special shows.

Regardless of where you go, just support your favorite short track, where ever it may be!! :wave:

j42racer
05-05-2009, 10:43 PM
I think if you are raising the price to $22 for the mods then they should be the only class running. For us late model, TQ, and factory stock driver, we are the ones being hurt. It would cost my family $132 to watch me race this weekend over the normal $60. My family is not coming which hurts me. I agree with a couple dollars raise but not $12. Its hurting the other classes!!!

richardpetey
05-05-2009, 11:33 PM
Mr. Decimal, reading your posts , it sounds like you care.....................;)
But even at $10 the front gate attendance is far from fair.................:rolleyes:
If you fleece the already low fan count, they simply won't go....................:(
Then you'll have to beat up the back gate, even more, to pay for the show......................:eek:
UNCLE PETEY..................:wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave:

33Munky34
05-06-2009, 04:23 AM
Mikey, 2 and 3 wide racing not at svs the olny time I see that is on the starts.