PDA

View Full Version : Attention all drivers racing at Wall Stadium.

CJfilms
05-06-2009, 08:41 PM
We are diligently working on formulating the rules to meet NJ State Law requirements.

There are a few 'red flag' items that need to be addressed and will be discussed in much detail before the race. I will list the items here and as always, these will be open for discussion...as far as interpretation, not negotiation.

Major issues
Starting with the driver:
1. All drivers must have fire-proof nomex underwear.
2. One or two piece firesuit is required.
3. Fire-proof shoes must be worn, fire-resistant gloves are mandatory for NJ races.
4. NO motorcycle helmets, no open-faced helmets, must be Snell Rating 2000.
5. Neck collar is mandatory.

Safety equipment:
1. Seat-belts must be no more than 2 years old.
2. 4-point roll cage at a minimum must be installed.
3. 4-point harnesses must be installed (4-pt minimum.)

The cars:
1. Windshield may be stock so long as there are no chips or cracks.
2. Stock rear view mirrors only, no race mirrors.
3. Any fuel tank mounted behind the rear axle must have rear end support guarding the tank.
3.Cars with carbs can run a 350 Holly car...no 500 carbs...stock manifold with 350 is ok.
4. A safety hub or reinforced wheel must be located on right front.

SFI Rated padding...
SFI-45 rated padding must be installed on any bars located within 18" of the driver. <--this issue is still in debate, so please wait for a deidcated answer on a new thread on this issue before any discussion begins.

Pre-race tech:
Safety inspection will be performed by Wall Stadium Safety Officials. All drivers must bring ALL safety gear with them to this inspection. Wall officials reserve the right to not allow drivers the ability to race.

NEETS Tech official will be heavily tech inspecting all vehicles prior to race, please see the current procedural rules regarding this standard.

Again, these issues must be brought to everyone's attention prior to the event...we will be discussing more details into these items as more information is provided to us.

Thank you.

mcstockcar
05-06-2009, 08:57 PM
I ran a demo car there years ago, and their tech can be brutal. I dont know how it is now but Im sure nothings changed. Welcome to racing in NJ!!!! A saftey hub? whats that consist of? Other tracks dont require them.:(

Tracy57
05-06-2009, 09:04 PM
Any one know where I can get some nomex? It seems like everywhere I looked its designed for guys. What's a girl to do???

EnduroFromDE
05-06-2009, 09:10 PM
Racin in Jersey, gota love it...been there for two years and they are strick...at Bridgeport they actully removed one of my seat bolts and measured it...I had 8 1/2" bolts and 4 5/8" were required... and they still shot me down my first race... as far as the R/F wheel, I beleive it has to be a "Special racing hub" or atlease chained or cabled to prevent its loss...which I still never figured out how you can do that, maybe chain it to the hub...??? This is going to be fun:rolleyes: stil wont be there first time around, but diffenetly in JULY:)

EnduroFromDE
05-06-2009, 09:15 PM
Any one know where I can get some nomex? It seems like everywhere I looked its designed for guys. What's a girl to do???

http://www.gforce.com/products/underwear/4160.php
as far as I know these are unisex

mcstockcar
05-06-2009, 09:29 PM
Dam those tech nazis of NJ.:mad: Even when I drive in straight lines,(drag racing) The state requires you to have a licence to go 9.99 e.t or faster. Every year they dream up somthing new to make costs go up. Next a licence to go in circles????:disgusted

RGeeProductions
05-06-2009, 09:53 PM
Wall is not a NASCAR track nor does that have anything to do with regulations.
Wall and every New Jersey track is governed by New Jersey Motor Vehicle Commission under State law, thus the heavy rules there.
Some states run racing tracks like this and some, like New York, don't.
You really have to look at it as being safer for yourselves racing at the fast, high banked 1/3 mile!!!!
And I do believe only a re-enforced rim will do for the right front wheel.
As Joe mentioned, as more detailed info comes, he will let all know the specifics.

rpkulik
05-06-2009, 10:07 PM
:drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool:

I like reinforcement.

:drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool:

If I wanted to be safe, I would never get out of bed.

I want to RACE, and those BS NJ Nazis are preventing me from doing it.

:mad::mad::mad:

EnduroFromDE
05-07-2009, 12:11 AM
kick his a$$ Sea Bass!
I dont know? I thought it was funny

CJfilms
05-07-2009, 07:12 AM
I LOL'd! .... <--D@MMIT STEVE...LOOK WHAT YOU MADE ME SAY!!!

-10 points...

CJfilms
05-07-2009, 07:17 AM
I will list the items here and as always, these will be open for discussion...as far as interpretation, not negotiation.

Pre-race tech:
Safety inspection will be performed by Wall Stadium Safety Officials. All drivers must bring ALL safety gear with them to this inspection. Wall officials reserve the right to not allow drivers the ability to race.

Let me point out two things here....

First off, there will be no negotiation here as I stated before for one reason...see the next item...

Secondly...NEETS will NOT be doing the safety inspections. Wall Stadium Officials will be performing the safety inspections... This is why I just want everyone to be on the same level here and understand why I don't want to see people asking if they will still need nomex underwear if they wear two fire suits or whatever... EVEN IF we were to discuss changes to the rules here and I were to agree with you and say yes to it...they will still say no... So, please keep that in mind before you do try to email me or post something up here...the rules are pretty much in stone, so don't try to change things...just understand it............the words of a true nazi....sorry!!!!

DEMotorsports
05-07-2009, 10:38 AM
I am all for safety in racing:applause:...but. The cost to convert to NJ State Laws will set me back over $200. My belts are just over two years years old. The new roll bar padding is a big chunk of change at close to $15 per stick and I was also told the fuel line can not run through the drivers compartment. I have already expended my racing budget of $1000 on safety equipment for the 2009 season so if anyone would like to sponsor new belts and padding feel free to call me. Otherwise I will stay in PA and race safely as I usually do.
Race hard, race clean and live to race another day.
Duane:)

DerbyN8-128
05-07-2009, 04:02 PM
I'll stick to dirt :applause:

mcstockcar
05-07-2009, 04:47 PM
Amen to dat ! Rather eat dirt then chew on nails! Im all about saftey too. Especially at 150+ on the dragstrip. In both worlds of racing there is no substitute to saftey. I have no tolarance for pain. Nor can I afford it.

EnduroFromDE
05-07-2009, 05:20 PM
-10 points...
CRAP....that means im.....still last in the points...:*-(

BIGDADDY64
05-07-2009, 06:15 PM
sorry but i have to agree with above posters
im staying on the dirt in PA
i thought about going to wall but budget is tight

RGeeProductions
05-07-2009, 08:24 PM
..... and I was also told the fuel line can not run through the drivers compartment....
Duane:)

Nothing for nothing, New Jersey or not, fuel lines exposed in the drivers compartment isn't a good idea PERIOD!!!

DerbyN8-128
05-07-2009, 08:58 PM
Nothing for nothing, New Jersey or not, fuel lines exposed in the drivers compartment isn't a good idea PERIOD!!!

Is there something dangerous about that?

I've spent too much time in demo derby arenas...fuel lines are the least of my worries in enduro races :lol:

mcstockcar
05-07-2009, 09:04 PM
Street stocks are in the inside? They go much faster and crash much harder.:(

RGeeProductions
05-07-2009, 09:37 PM
Street stocks are in the inside? They go much faster and crash much harder.:(

Don't street stocks have sheet metal covering them?
Sorry, I wouldn't want to get hit and gas line break inside of the car....
Guess that's just me...

mcstockcar
05-07-2009, 09:43 PM
I like the idea of a fuel cutoff switch in some of the cars I saw. Also a battery cut off. I didnt have a batt. cut off in my car, And when I laid it on its side I was looking for one! Anything is possible.:(

richardpetey
05-07-2009, 09:55 PM
Joe! You better call Jim Morton and tell him he's killing his own show and NEETS with these a$$hole rules...........................:mad:
You are letting him change rules that have nothing to do with safety, for example this 350 holley carb. BS.......................:disgusted
As you know, I run a F/S at Wall and unless they stop playing games I'll stay with the dirt tracks also.................:(
UNCLE PETEY..................:wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave:

EnduroFromDE
05-07-2009, 11:38 PM
my car is already set up to run wall, wwith the execption of the R/F wheel thing... but even so, these rules are getting expensive... safty is a good thing, but your a racing seat and fuel cell away from being called Factory Stocks... wait...a flashback is coming...NEETs already ran Wall once before, did they not...maybe 2004ish...I was in the stands watching, so I dont know how the rules went...but was the rules like this then...?

richardpetey
05-08-2009, 12:13 AM
The first NEETS race at Wall was in 2003 and we ran our own rules with very little input from track other than they tried to make it into a demo-derby............:help:
UNCLE PETEY...............:wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave:

EnduroFromDE
05-08-2009, 07:45 AM
sounds good to me...why cant we do that again...not the demo part...but our own rules... we will diffently get more cars without the stricken rules...

310fig8
05-08-2009, 07:56 AM
Didn't the rules back in '03 say NEETS could run their own rules because NEETS was a "touring series" not locked into New Jersey?

CJfilms
05-08-2009, 08:28 AM
Good point 310...the problem now is the troopers say what goes or not...and unless we bear the NASCAR logo, it will probably go their way.

In 2003, the rules were much different than they are now, they were in place, but the loopholes back then were a lot larger where the above "touring" idea would have been accepted.... :help:

Petey, as for the 350, there are a lot of drivers that want to come play that know this track a lot better than our regular drivers...we just want to make sure it is an even playground. :-B

I understand the concept of low-budget racing, but with these minimum standards set sky high....a low-buget is still in the $1,000 range............ Let's see how these rules go over with the troopers before anything is set in stone....

richardpetey
05-08-2009, 09:10 AM
You want to make sure its an even playing field, so your gonna let the Wall guys use the carb.(350 holley) thats in THEIR rules..............:confused:
That means that I have to conform to the Wall F/S rules not the NEETS tech rules....................thats wrong...............:disgusted
The NEETS guys have to go out and buy a $300 dollar carburetor plus an adapter plate just so the local guys can run their F/S's....................:(
Safety rules are one thing but, now, you two promoters are turning an event I was looking foward too into a travesty................:help:
A traveling series uses their own rules at any track i.e. legends, 1/4 midgets and NEETS....................:)
I have NEVER missed a NEETS event, I have stuck with this series through thick and thin, please don't make me stay home for this one.............LET us run our cars just the way the NEETS rules dictate(stock= make, model & year)..............:rolleyes:
Just remember for every Wall guy you get you'll lose two NEETS drivers........................READ THE POSTS!......................:mad:
UNCLE PETEY....................:wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave:

310fig8
05-08-2009, 12:09 PM
I would like to know about the roll cage padding. Where does it HAVE to be installed? I have seen people say it's $15 a length. Where can I buy it for that price? Will it be for sale that night at the track?

EnduroFromDE
05-08-2009, 12:26 PM
well when I raced at bridgeport it needed to be anywhere the head can make contact with the bar...driver side top, front, and rear hoop...and on all door bars...bridgeport told me in case of a fire, the standard padding can melt and drip on the driver... never seen them for $15...when i bought them 2 yrs ago they where 25 for a 3 ft peice..now you can get them for about $20 ...here is what you would need to look for... it needs to have a "Sfi" rating
http://www.go-fast-parts.com/5733489.html
this stuff is in no way soft either...it hurts when you hit it...but its safer then a steel bar...

Erin C
05-08-2009, 02:21 PM
Please don't forget Joe is trying to find out SPECIFICS first so don't go jumping on this just yet. Please be patient he should have answers soon.

CJfilms
05-08-2009, 04:19 PM
ANSWERS???? SOON!?!?!? Man...I think I might welcome the hassle on the forums from the drivers rather than my wife throwing me to the wolves!!!!!! :applause::applause::applause::applause:

.................................................. .............Love you, honey!

Anyway, I do have some answers....

The 350 Carb requirement:
This is a request from the Wall Stadium Officials that if a Wall Factory Stock is intending on running with us on the 30th that they would be allowed to run their 350 Carbs that are sealed to the motors rather than change them out.

This is fine....the 350's may actually put these seasoned cars/drivers at a disadvantage rather than switching them out for something more powerful that will still fall into the "Legal" category. A car that meets all other NEETS rules and regulations WILL NOT have to change out their carb for this event.

Roll Bar Padding:
We are currently attempting to get an exemption from requiring this padding at the enduros. If we can get this exemption, the padding you will need to install will be regular roll bar padding...cheap. OR, if it is still required, we are aiming at only ONE STICK being required, cut into three pieces and placed around the driver's head.

I will be posting up more details and such soon...I'm leaving work now, so let me get home and eat something before I get the next step up online!

mcstockcar
05-08-2009, 04:59 PM
Well I gots the big 4 barrel. HA! Quadrajunk!:lol:

DerbyN8-128
05-08-2009, 05:13 PM
bridgeport told me in case of a fire, the standard padding can melt and drip on the driver...

That's what fire suits are for :cheers:

If the car is burning hot enough and fast enough that the padding is melting, I think the padding melting is the least of your worries

EnduroFromDE
05-08-2009, 05:40 PM
That's what fire suits are for :cheers:

If the car is burning hot enough and fast enough that the padding is melting, I think the padding melting is the least of your worries
maybe its the safty of the track workers too... i dont know, this is just what they told me...:confused:

mcstockcar
05-08-2009, 08:31 PM
your probably toast. I keep a fire extinguisher in my car on the roll bar, you never know.:rolleyes:

Tracy57
05-08-2009, 08:58 PM
4. A safety hub or reinforced wheel must be located on right front.

Someone let me in on the big secret...

What is a RF safety hub? I've heard of other tracks recomending this for stock cars, but I have no idea what it is, or where to get one.

I know what a rear safety hub is, but have no idea what a front safety hub is... I thought the front disc brakes made such a device obsolete.

-Larry

mcstockcar
05-08-2009, 09:21 PM
Is that like a giant washer that goes over your rim and bolts to your studs? Hmmm ?Fire up the lathe! Wish I had a picture of one. I d go into production tonite and make one up.

NeetsSpectator
05-08-2009, 09:53 PM
Here is the definition of a safety hub.
http://www.motorera.com/dictionary/SA.HTM#Safety_Hub

Does the rule book define what a safety hub is?
Why not just call it a widget.

4speed
05-09-2009, 08:40 AM
IMO - Be Glad that Wall is having Enduro races BUT, If Wall officials are going to try and dictate too many competition rules that would be not acceptable to me. The 350 carb rule is only to allow a Wall FS car to compete in an Enduro. Of course with a Holley carb they would fail NEETS tech. Ok, so it will allow the car count to grow which would be good because we dont know how many NEETS Enduro cars will actually show up so allowing a few Factory Stocks in would make for a better show. On the other hand, if a Wall FS driver starts to complain that a NEETS car with a 3.73 posi rear, and a quad 4 barrel is woopin their *** and Wall Tech Officials try to step in again and try to change rules to cater to the FS guys thats when I would would bail out of there, and not support the races with the multiple cars that I could bring. If the Wall FS guys want to race in an enduro and get the rule changed for them so they would not have to change their carb fine, but they should already know going in that they could be at a disadvantage and if they choose to race anyway they must understand that nothing else will be changed to cater to their cars. If they want to run an Enduro Car they can go build one.
All the saftey rules are for your own good. Yes this year costs went up, but so did everything else. Maybe not spending so much on tobacco which kills you, and putting the $$$ towards the roll bar padding which may save you. I think its all about the way it burns not so much about impact. Try this - take a small paice of the new stuff, and take a small torch to it. It wont really burn. Now take the small torch to the old roll bar padding. Since its so cheap use a full piece and when it lights look out. It goes up like it has flammables on it. But more importantly it drips. The small peices that drip may still have flame to them. If its above your head, or if your on your side and that stuff drips down your neck or onto your shoulder your on fire. I did not like the idea at first (4/2008) because of the additional cost, but when I did the fire test I was convinced it was for my own good, and now I have it in all three of my cars.
The RF sfatey hub - If I am not mistaken I beleive this will pass tech. I know it has in the past. If your running a stock steel wheel most are two peice. An inner section and an outer section. On my ralley wheels that come off a camaro or chevelle I weld the two sections together all the way around the seam and its good to go.

enduroracer131
05-09-2009, 01:13 PM
As the rules stand now, I will not be racing, I cant afford to do what I need to now and there is no way I an get my car up to NJ laws. Guess I will stick with dirt.

DerbyN8-128
05-09-2009, 06:50 PM
Otherwise I will stay in PA and race safely as I usually do.

I'll stick to dirt :applause:

Amen to dat ! Rather eat dirt then chew on nails! Im all about saftey too. Especially at 150+ on the dragstrip. In both worlds of racing there is no substitute to saftey. I have no tolarance for pain. Nor can I afford it.

sorry but i have to agree with above posters
im staying on the dirt in PA

As you know, I run a F/S at Wall and unless they stop playing games I'll stay with the dirt tracks also

As the rules stand now, I will not be racing, I cant afford to do what I need to now and there is no way I an get my car up to NJ laws. Guess I will stick with dirt.

Let's just add an extra dirt race at the end of the year to the grandview season and call it the "Extra Dirty 100"
Maybe in November or something.
Although might be hard talking Grandview into.

critter
05-09-2009, 08:10 PM
ill stay dirty , i mean dirt lol

RICK16RACIN
05-10-2009, 09:53 PM
As far as i could always tell a wall factory stock is almost exactly an enduro:confused: (just a little safer) and Vern about the rear issue all the wall guys can change them for this race if they want but if any body has a posi that would be illegal no matter if it`s a 308 or 342 or whatever:mad:. some nomex under wear(what 70 to 90 bucks) and possily some roll bar padding (18 to 36 BUCKS) and you guys would be legal!!! Seems to me Joe and Erin have been busting *** to find places for you guys to race, So now that they have takin this series back to what it was origanlly (north east enduro TOURING series) We should all get together and make this thing happen!!!!!! :applause: Dont let Joe and Erin down, they haven`t let you down!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

richardpetey
05-11-2009, 12:54 AM
Everybody on this forum, I'm sure, appreciates the job Joe and Erin are doing to revive the NEETS series.....................:applause:
But, part of the NEETS attraction is in its rules and reputation for attracting some of the best drivers in the N.E....................:cool:
A few concessions for safety's sake are OK but as a traveling series you can't roll over and let the host track completely take over the program.............:rolleyes:
If the Wall F/S's want to enter a NEETS event and not conform to its rules, let'em run with us but they'll forfeit trophy, prize money and points. It was done at OCS, Accord and Wall in 2003....................:-|
UNCLE PETEY....................:wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave:

By the way, limited slip rears(posi) are NEETS legal(make, model and year), lockers are illegal................;)

CJfilms
05-11-2009, 09:43 AM
As I recall talking to one of the state troopers about safety and cars...he mentioned some of the details that took place at Raceway Park's Road Course enduro... The Outlaw class of Steet Stocks raced against 8 cylinders AND 4 cylinders AND trucks. He/They...nobody in NJ...wants to see a bone-stock car racing against race cars. For two reasons really...one, it is just not fair to the guys who keep their cars stock to have to race against a full-blown race car...and two, safety! A race car is going to be padded, roll barred, braced and FAST. A stock car will still be padded and roll barred, but won't be running around the track at triple digit speeds or anything close to it..so, when a slow moving stocker gets sliced by a race car, someone is going to get hurt.

IF the Wall FS driver want to race, that will be fine, the cars are very close to what is NEETS legal...the only request from Wall Stadium is that IF they run with us, they can be allowed to run the Holley 350 that is seasled to their motor. If they change out the 350 they MUST run at Wall, they will have to re-install it and re-seal the motor before they race on a Saturday night program...

I may not be the most well-versed person to try to explain this, but let me try anyways... The 350 will be in fact placing the FS cars at a disadvantage compared to a NEETS car which can be getting more cfms from the stock carb it came with (remember stock means it "came from the factory" not "came to me" like that...).

The Wall enduro on the 30th will be ran/tech'd/scored/flagged and whatever just as a regular NEETS enduro. The only different thing here is added safety rules as per NJ STATE LAW. If you want to race in NJ, you gotta play by their rules first....

I spoke with a Wall Official and he specifically said to me, "Joe, you are running this show, we are not...we will not be inspecting the cars or doing anything else that your guys will be doing. This is your show and we are just trying to help preserve the aspect of your show at Wall." - It will be a NEETS race! It will be NJ safe.

As Rick stated above, the most you will have to do to get on the track is pass safety inspection! $250 worth of safety gear is well worth YOUR OWN SAFETY plus the chance to run any and all NJ racing events! I know money is tight now for everyone, $250 s a lot of money, but don't let the EFFORT you will have to put into your car be the deterent...

The rules should be finalized and approved mid-week...hopefully...then you can all look and see exactly what you wil need OR ALREADY HAVE!

I do hope to see you all there!

CJfilms
05-11-2009, 09:46 AM
Also, I forgot to note...

IF you are worried about racing against someone with a faster car thinking that it may be illegal.....remember...there is always TECH!

NEETS RULES TRUMP ALL OTHER RULES ONCE IN TECH!!!

RICK16RACIN
05-11-2009, 01:20 PM
Whats the difference between Wall and Neets cars?? The only thing I can see is the Holley 350 carb, and that should be a disadvantige for them! the safety rules are a Jersey thing and we all know how that goes!! And from what I understand "safty is the only part of tech Wall is doing". You run there Petey, you should know that there is alot of inovative people at Wall and Neets combined. The more Neets drivers that show up to race the less chance that a Wall regular will win!!!!!!! I know it a big expense but if this goes off without a hitch Joe will get more races at Wall so you wont be spending alot for just a couple of races. ( maybe even make it back in your payout)

richardpetey
05-11-2009, 08:18 PM
I'm truely not worried about whos faster than who, I just wanna race and let the chips fall where they may.....................;)
I like the guys I race with at Wall, and love all my NEETS brothers and sisters its not a "us against them thing".................:rolleyes:
The N.J. safety regulations "is what it is", I don't mind making my car safer.................:p
I just don't wanna see Joe give up the farm(alter NEETS rules) just to race at Wall...........................:disgusted
Since we are a traveling series maybe some safety concessions can be made to help boost the car counts........................:applause:
As long as, I only have to conform to NJ safety rules on my NEETS LEGAL car............I"LL BE THERE........................:cheers:
UNCLE PETEY.................:wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave:

CJfilms
05-12-2009, 01:49 PM
You said it Petey! Jersey safe, NEETS legal!

Now let's just try to keep the hood pinned shut, the sterring wheel bolted in place and the black flag on Matt's belt!!!!! :angel:

RocknRoll
05-22-2009, 05:32 PM
Anyone have any idea what the car counts will be for the event on the 30th?? It seems that based on some of the posts in the beginning of this thread, many guys aren't going to spend the time or money to become legal for the State Police, so they aren't going to show up....

Looking at the pre-registration page now a week away, the list both for the small cars and big cars is quite light....

Anyone have a good quess on the final car counts for each division???

DerbyN8-128
05-22-2009, 09:56 PM
6 small 1 truck and 8 big. Might as well run them all together :(

RocknRoll
05-22-2009, 10:20 PM
6 small 1 truck and 8 big. Might as well run them all together :(

Yea, I saw those numbers on the event page.... does anyone know how many other cars show up that DON'T pre-register, just come the day of the event and register at the track??

They had a low car count for the small cars at Raceway Park in January and ran everyone together.... wasn't really fair to the 4 cyl. to have to race with the 8 cyls....

DerbyN8-128
05-22-2009, 10:32 PM
I don't doubt it was unfair, I know I wouldn't want to run with them. But with really low car counts like that...yikes.

CJfilms
05-23-2009, 10:41 AM
Small and Big cars will run separate features.....NJ will not let them race together again.

I am assuming the low counts are based on the fact that most people would rather SEE it before DOING it....problem is and this is redundant...more people spend time watching for too long and it kills the chance of the series/division/event from growing. When you have 50 drivers attending the event and 35 are in the stands.....no one will ever get ahead.

I am assuming a LOT of NJ regulars will be showing up day-of without pre-registering.....IF you do not plan on running the event, you can still support the series and show up to support/help NEETS and root for your favorite driver!