PDA

View Full Version : Once bitten ...

LiquidBread
05-07-2009, 11:23 PM
Are there any touring teams still building their own power plants and/or frames in house? Before the conspiracy theorists come out of the woodwork, this is JUST CURIOSITY. No attempt to rant on the current state of affairs for a change, just fondly remembering the Lenny Boehler era. Besides, it may fill the "spring break" gap on posts ... pretty quiet over the last day or so.

3forme
05-08-2009, 09:23 AM
I know for a fact that the boehler crew STILL builds just about all of that car from scratch. Chassis, bodies and most suspension parts are fabricated in their small shop. If you look at it, that team should be congratulated on a great effort, considering they are a top notch running car. Props to the team, and driver. Keep the Boehler legacy going.

Howie
05-08-2009, 09:25 AM
I'm pretty sure Ralph Solhem's #0's are all home built also.

limodmaniac
05-08-2009, 03:48 PM
Is the 0 still racing?

ModTourMan
05-08-2009, 07:18 PM
I know for a fact that the boehler crew STILL builds just about all of that car from scratch. Chassis, bodies and most suspension parts are fabricated in their small shop. If you look at it, that team should be congratulated on a great effort, considering they are a top notch running car. Props to the team, and driver. Keep the Boehler legacy going.

I'm basically impartial and have no "favorite" drivers/teams but this is one of the reasons I've found myself rooting for the #3 team through the years.

LiquidBread
05-10-2009, 10:46 PM
A sure indication that in the end, all will be right with the tour. A second generation seat-of-the-pants operation remains competitive with a driver that just graduated from high school. The spirit lives on!