PDA

View Full Version : reds

fuglygswracing
05-09-2009, 03:36 PM
I just want to make one point about the last race at Grandview. Although the viewing conditions crapped out on everyone, the red flags were a potential problem with people not seeing them. I can honestly say I tried my best to slow down within a reasonable time allowed after the red came out, and I also had a scanner, which was asked for. However, I was passed numerous times under the red by cars flying past me. I was passed by 2 fast cars UNDER the red, after I had already passed both of them cleanly laps earlier. This is frustrating, especially since one of the cars was by the car who won the 4-cylinders and #168 (who eventually went to the pits later on for whatever). The only 3 cars on the lead lap by the end of the race was #83 (dude who won) #27v Mike Ventura and #5. So you can see how this can make a difference. Since the race was not taped, nor has mylaps posted yet, it's hard to determine this exactly, but not only that the viewing was tough for the officials to even make a call. All I am trying to say here is, if your gonna pass me, pass me under the green and not the red. I usually will keep my mouth shut whenever I have an issue with something, however this still is bothering me even after a couple of weeks. If you guys could, please make a point of reminding the drivers of the red. Some of them don't understand what a red is....

EnduroFromDE
05-09-2009, 04:46 PM
good point dave...after i crashed out i did notice that on a few reds that there was many cars passing way after the red was displayed...being one WAS the 93, which won...and being those cavalier get into the turn SO much better then any other car out there, its was hard for u to get back around them...you tried for problyl 35-40 laps, until it looked like laped cars were getting in the way too much. that car didnt have the top speed close to the others, but even with my car I could drive into the turns barley lifting, and made the car stick, but didnt have the power doewn the straight...anyway back to the topic, i beleive the track is going to be water down periodicly throughout the race next time, and hopfully everyone has the scanners working, and are being used...I didnt make it the first red flag, so I dont know how they worked...

DerbyN8-128
05-09-2009, 06:40 PM
While I was sitting in turn 4, I know for a fact that the lead cars ran from somewhere in the middle of the back stretch, all the way through 3 and 4, and past the start finish line when the RED came out while they were back in turn 2. I saw it happen more than once, that cars "magically" made it back to the start finish line before they "realized" the red was out. :rolleyes:

In the future, I'd like to see violators held for AT LEAST two laps in the infield as punishment :applause:

fuglygswracing
05-12-2009, 04:11 PM
well, if they are allowed to get a way with it, there going to do exactly that. there just needs to be more reinforcement from the crew. Again, it sucks that I passed both those cars I stated above, only to be passed by them under the red flag. still pisses me off

NJ Chick
05-12-2009, 05:24 PM
I understand your frustration believe me! It ticks all of us off when people pass under the red.:mad: Sometimes it really is just by accident because they don't see the red for an honest reason. I personally keep track of everyone that goes into the pits/infield/dead on the track and if they come back out again or not while the racing is going on. Same with the reds, when we (officials) see anyone moving under the red and passing people or going into the pits under red, it is marked down in my notebook known as the "Doo-Doo" list. With this past race, no one could see anything at all, officials/fans and certainly you drivers. It was nearly impossible to see who passed on the red and who didn't. The conditions were horrendous and hopefully, we won't have that problem again. Getting back to passing under the red and what happens if you make the "Doo-Doo" list. You will either be penalized a lap everytime you move under the red, or we will move you back to where you should have been when the red came out. That is determined on a case by case basis. So there are definitely consequences for passing under red and going into the pits under a red. I know that's small consolation right now, but you certainly weren't the only one it happened too with this last race. Hope that clears it up a bit for you though!

Erin C
05-12-2009, 07:20 PM
We take the DOO DOO list seriously...if someone BLANTENTLY passes under red, they are penalized a lap. Just because you don't see us moving drivers (which does happen occasionally when people slow down when the red comes and passes someone unkowingly) doesn't mean that actions aren't taken.

Keep this in mind for all those who think they can get ahead by moving under red. :cheers:

CJfilms
05-13-2009, 08:54 AM
Also Dave...

Just to mention here for everyone...we cannot watch everything at once when a red flag is thrown...there are always going to be questionable situations (car lost brakes), questionable actions (I didn't see the red), and more important happenings (car fires or rollovers).

When a red flag is thrown, the main thing I am watching is the cause...if a car is on it's roof, I am watching that car like a hawk making sure if it gets hit while upside down, nothing major happens or else I may need to call for more than just a tow truck.... Luckily when the #56 Big Car was on its side, Jack was out of the car with his hands held high before crews were even there! That situation could have been a lot worse if the car had been hit again while on its side.....

As Cindy and Erin mentioned...the Doo Doo list is tightly enforced! We set drivers down a lap or two for moving excessively/passing under red instantly. Drivers who do not obey directions from officials (black flagging) are immediately scored down a lap or two IF NOT scored at all....

We will do our best, now that the dust will be clearER, to monitor these circumstances. Don't worry too much Dave, you have a fire inside for the championship this season...it wil be hard to see you not there!

fuglygswracing
05-13-2009, 04:16 PM
I hear you all loud and clear on this, however, whats the chance of taking a win away from someone who passes under the red? I can't recall a win being taken away for this direct reason, because a lot of the drivers can just "plead the 5th" "I didn't see the flag"; I think it would be hard pressed to do that in general. I'm not gonna say anymore on this, and I totally understand where you ladies and guys are all coming from on this; however, when it's for a position, and the end result could be different that's where I see the problem; anyways, thanks for the jinx joe, if I don't see you all at the end of the season, I'll remember this post, lol :cheers:

NJ Chick
05-13-2009, 05:02 PM
It has happened already to people that came in money paying positions....I don't think it was ever the winner of a race however. It happened when we raced at Lap Dance Speedway (Mountain). It's pretty obvious when people blatantly pass others and when it's an honest mistake. The eyes are watching all of your moves.....Muhahahaaaaaa!!!:lol:

Sorry if my first post sounded abrupt, I wrote it really quick because I had to leave! So please don't think I was barking at you guys! :p

DerbyN8-128
05-13-2009, 06:02 PM
Glad to hear this information. :applause:

woot lawrence
05-13-2009, 06:17 PM
back in 06 at mountain, the beaters with heaters race, i didnt see the red come out and passed a lot of cars, they sent me back to where i was when the red came out and also took 1 lap away from me. i finished 2nd that day. would have been a diffrent outcome if they just sent me back.