PDA

View Full Version : no bucks... no buck rogers.

rapidroman
05-09-2009, 05:34 PM
i remember that line in the movie "the right stuff." no bucks... no buck rogers. well, sure enough, i just saw the puny purse for bristol. i am spitting nails. last year i spoke with jerry cook and chad little in the pits and i left so unimpressed. i thought, "man, these precious people, these racers, need an advocate with passion." i remember richie evans banging the table at nascar until they listened. does anyone bang the table today? it doesn't seem like jerry does. listen, i would love to see in my lifetime, the modifieds get a banging the table advocate. we are settling for making mudpies in the ghetto, when God would have us making sandcastles at the beach.

phillie
05-09-2009, 11:04 PM
Jerry Cook is riding along with his cushy job at Nascar and has long forgotten his roots. Chad Little...well why the hell is he even involved with a division he is obviously not interested in...oh yeah his cushy job.....so sad. :rolleyes:

stefanikfan
05-10-2009, 05:51 PM
Amen, Has Jerry Cook forgotten where HE came from?? Or is he just kissing the almighty butt of nascar? He used to have the same determination, the same drive as Richie, Bugsy, Charlie, and all the others back in the day. NEVER forget your roots!

And what signifigance does Chad Little have with Northeast modified racing? He hasn't a clue. I thought he was a lawyer or something before he tried racing in the cup cake series? ( I love that, cupcake). Couldn't make it there so I assume somebody "within" found him a "happy place"....Give the job to somebody from NE who knows about the tour and the people!

Makes me sick,JMO....

Rob, aka, Stefanikfan

bud
05-11-2009, 12:25 AM
wasn't Chad the first guy in cup to get caught with traction control at Darlington? I seem to remember them looking over the rotor area of the john deere car after a wreck and right after that the powers that be said you would be bounced for life if caught. Just a side bar? Does NASCAR do testing on the guys that run our series.......If so DON'T LOOK FOR PERFOMANCE ENHANCING DRUGS.........LOL