PDA

View Full Version : showtime wins and rusty smith

gmac19
05-09-2009, 11:24 PM
jimmy won the 100 lapper at wall followed by tony ferrante and ken wolley jr...and rusty smith won the 100 lapper at sundance vacation speedway followed by eric beers :applause:

Gil
05-10-2009, 03:59 AM
Where is that track as I never heard of it and didn't realize there was a WMT race there?

:help:

Axel
05-10-2009, 07:55 AM
sundance vacation speedway is formerly Mountain speedway (formerly evergreen speedway). It's in NE PA.

RGeeProductions
05-10-2009, 09:28 AM
Where is that track as I never heard of it and didn't realize there was a WMT race there?

:help:

The thread has been moved...

Gil
05-10-2009, 09:07 PM
The thread has been moved...

Thanks you! I thought I was losing it faster than I thought!

modscene
05-11-2009, 11:36 AM
DeLange Racing
Lockport, NY
http://delangeracing.com/

Media Contact:
Bruce Boucher
(585) 598-3242
modscene@rochester.rr.com

Date: May 11, 2009
For Immediate Release

BEERS FINISHES SECOND AT SUNDANCE VACATIONS SEPEEDWAY – THE “HOME OPENER” IS NEXT

Eric Beers and the DeLange Racing team headed back to Pennsylvania last Saturday night for their second race of the year. Once again it was a track very familiar to the driver and his crew – Sundance Vacations Speedway in Saint Johns. The former Evergreen and Mountain Speedway is under new management in 2009, hence the name change, but for our driver and crew it was the same old comfortable feeling you get when you visit an old friend.

Beers and the crew used their track knowledge gained over the years and extensive preparation to be ready when they arrived at the track. After a few adjustments learned from practice the #45 DeLange Racing Modified went out for the heat race and finished third, qualifying them for the 100-lap feature. Starting seventh in the race, Eric put his experience to work as he lurked in the top-five until pitting at the two-thirds mark. After some quick adjustments by the crew he returned to the track in eleventh and climbed to second at the finish, shadowing defending track champion Rusty Smith to the checkered flag.

“To come here and get a second place finish against Rusty, who runs here regularly and was the Modified track champion last year, isn’t too bad,” explained Beers after the race. “I would have really liked to beat him tonight. We chose to pit later than he did and we ran out of time before we could catch him. I still believe our pit strategy was perfect, but the right rear tire ended up growing a lot more than we needed after we went back out on the track and we had a half-inch too much stagger at the end of the race. We were just too loose to give Rusty a battle tonight.”

Team owner Dave DeLange saw positives after the race. “I’m pleased with our effort tonight. Obviously I don’t want to run second but for the way our car was at the end I think we got the best finish we could out of it. In the last ten laps the car looked really, really loose but Eric did a great job holding on and making the best he could out of a tough situation. Second place is nothing to be ashamed of.”

This week the DeLange Racing team finally returns home with their new driver for Opening Night at Dunn Tire Raceway Park in Lancaster. This will mark the New York debut for Beers in the #45 Horwith Freightliner Modified and he is anxious to meet the challenge.

“I can’t wait for the season opener at Dunn Tire Raceway Park next week,” proclaims Eric. “We’ve had a good start to the year with a first and a second. I’ve run good at DTRP in the past, won races there, and I hope this car works as well as others I’ve driven there in the past. I don’t have any doubts; I’ve got a great car owner, a great crew, and a great team on my side. I can’t wait to see what happens this Saturday night.”

Please join us at the track this Saturday night and be sure to stop by and say hello after the races. It’s going to be a fun 2009 season and we’ll celebrate it together.
-30-