PDA

View Full Version : Tickets to Bristol Mods

yucaipa
05-11-2009, 08:57 PM
I bought round trip air tikets to fly form CA. to Nashville and attend the Ground Pounder race in August. With all the controversy sournding the WMT right now - should I still plan on going? WMT is the very best racing you can find. I know - I've looked. Feedback????:confused:

Jaws
05-11-2009, 09:44 PM
Please go, this should be a great race. Plus who knows if they will be back next year or not. Show the powers that be that the tour has many many fans and the tour should be paid accordingly.

JED
05-11-2009, 09:55 PM
By all means .....yes go...go ...go!!

Howie
05-11-2009, 10:15 PM
That race, in my opinion, is a do not miss race, no matter how everything plays out.

chrome horn
05-12-2009, 12:53 AM
the situation with the tour is what it is. We support the tour because we love the modifieds. I agree with Howie , this is the must see race for any modified fan. Like Jaws said, this maybe the one and ony time, or it may start a tradition. Bottom line is DO WHAT YOU GOTTA DO TO GET THERE!!!!

broz
05-12-2009, 08:57 AM
Absolutely a MUST SEE!!!!
My Dad and I will be driving from Dallas just for this race and can't wait :applause:
This will be our first WMT race in well over 15 years.
Hopefully Ted will let us sleep on the bus :lol:

limodmaniac
05-12-2009, 03:42 PM
Bring the 7 - 11 modified for some good memories.. Didn't get to the races every week as a kid, but if I was home, the 7-11 would pass the house on its way to the races. Always cheered for Junior to beat Charlie J.

MJProcko
05-12-2009, 04:23 PM
So I was thinking that at the conclusion of the modifed race all the modified fans should have a "grandstands party" obviously the place will not sell out (although in a righteous world it would be SRO!) so everyone could gather say in turns 1 and 2 or the better yet the backstretch if they don't close it off. Have a meet and greet and let Nascar see just how many folks are there for the modifieds. Now I'm not advocating everyone leaving for the parking lot or bring out the torches and pitchforks but seeing everyone together will give them an idea of the strenght of the modified fan. Besides you paid the money and traveled the distance you should watch the trucks too.

limodmaniac
05-12-2009, 05:17 PM
LOL... i might be heading for the parking lot! Long drive back and will have gotten my fill of racing with the modifieds!

stoningtonmodmania
05-12-2009, 07:54 PM
yeah long ride but well worth it i think for what could be a SHOW OF A LIFE TIME!!!!

BigMac
05-12-2009, 08:57 PM
I want to see TC and Ryan Newman pick up where they left off in New Smyrna. Those two put on a show for the last 6 or 7 laps that I will never forget.
I saw that Jeff Fuller dusted off the helmet last weekend at Darlington. A team could do a lot worse than putting the former Bristol winner in a ride for Aug 19th.

corey17
05-13-2009, 01:46 AM
T.C. might be the least of Newman's worries, he might have his hands full with a guy they call "Smoke" driving in the mod race.

CTC Photos
05-13-2009, 10:12 AM
Please go, this should be a great race. Plus who knows if they will be back next year or not. Show the powers that be that the tour has many many fans and the tour should be paid accordingly.

******* will see the crowd and think the fans are there for the truck race, thus purses for the Mods will stay the same as it has for 30 years.

MJProcko
05-13-2009, 11:55 AM
******* will see the crowd and think the fans are there for the truck race, thus purses for the Mods will stay the same as it has for 30 years.

Thats why I think we need to gather during the truck race and let them know who the crowd is there to see.

limodmaniac
05-13-2009, 04:08 PM
Since some people might want to actually watch the truck race, how about everyone just get up and start to leave and stretch their legs at lap 20? Then people can either leave, go to the bathroom, go get a hot dog, or gather in groups and chat? But what a scene it would be if hundreds of people got up at lap 20 even if the trucks were acturally racing at that point.

mattphoto
05-13-2009, 07:56 PM
I think it will be the best race this country has ever seen this year

yucaipa
05-13-2009, 08:13 PM
You folks are awsome - hope to meet some of you at the race.:wave:

MOD11RACER
05-13-2009, 08:54 PM
:cheers: I love all the positive talk. 12 positive threads before some rookie hits us with the 1st negative thread, must be some sort of record. Lets keep the positive talk going.

corey17
05-13-2009, 09:47 PM
LOL... i might be heading for the parking lot! Long drive back and will have gotten my fill of racing with the modifieds!

I love the mods as much as anybody, but don't diss on the Truck drivers, they are the only series of Nascar's big 3 that actually RACE every time out. BOTH races will be good, I'm looking forward to it.

BigMac
05-13-2009, 11:04 PM
I hope "Smoke" does show up. The more Bristol veterans the better the racing will be. It will give the Tennessee folk another familiar face to root for. He and TC have danced before as well.

kja819
05-14-2009, 12:58 PM
I have heard that "Smoke" will be in Bobby Hutchins car for the Bristol race along with both NHMS Races. With all the griping I've been doing which I can say I really don't have an answer on how to fix I wouldn't miss Bristol. As someone else said "A race of a lifetime" I say we pack the place wearing Mod T-Shirts so NASCAR knows who is there because of the MOD's.

As for leaving hmmmm the trucks put on a heck of a show. The best of the big 3 I think.

Jaws
05-14-2009, 09:30 PM
I have heard that "Smoke" will be in Bobby Hutchins car for the Bristol race along with both NHMS Races. With all the griping I've been doing which I can say I really don't have an answer on how to fix I wouldn't miss Bristol. As someone else said "A race of a lifetime" I say we pack the place wearing Mod T-Shirts so NASCAR knows who is there because of the MOD's.

As for leaving hmmmm the trucks put on a heck of a show. The best of the big 3 I think.

Smokes last Mod race did not go too well at NH, I don't think he made any friends. Carl Edwards did a much better job til he crashed.

And yes the trucks put on a good show at most tracks. (Maybe not NH)