PDA

View Full Version : Changes taking place at NHMS

Howie
05-14-2009, 08:23 AM
While at NHMS yesterday for the Vintage Celebration we got a chance to see some of the construction going on at NHMS. When we get there for our race in June the infield between the tunnel and the garages will be totally changed. The brook will be in a culvert and the access road will be changed. (One road near the backstretch fence). Moving the entrance gate to the south garage. The plan is to make more room for the series (WMT, CWSE and ACT) that have to use the infield for a pit area and not be pitted on the access road.

The front stretch fencing was also gone as work to install a new stronger fence had started.

GM.
05-15-2009, 11:17 AM
Howie, that's great news. I wonder if this means that they're moving motorhomes out of the infield?

Howie
05-15-2009, 11:37 AM
Howie, that's great news. I wonder if this means that they're moving motorhomes out of the infield?

The way I understood it was the motorhome area would still be there. Moving them outside would make for a great pit/parking area. It sounded like the coaches are there to stay, they alone could probably fill the infield these days. I guess the third garage area that Bob Bahre had invisioned will not happen either.

They will widen the area behind the pit wall for the first 4 or 5 pits which were narrower than the rest.

The medivac helicopter pad will be moved to the 3rd and 4th turns (probably blocking the photographers view of the track) which would put it near the infield hospital which is a plus.