PDA

View Full Version : Rename The Tour ?

KickinAsphalt
05-14-2009, 01:02 PM
I'd love to hear some ideas from others what they would name the new revamped touring series of the future...

Hey, ya never know what may happen reguarding this subject....

NEARS = New England Asphalt Racing Series
MARS = Modified Asphalt Racing Series
STARS = Short Track Asphalt Racing Series
START = Short Track Asphalt Racing Tour

Past/Current Series Names
Winston Modified
Featherlite Modified
Whelen Modified

Whats next ???

Lets hear some ideas !!!

BOBBY D
05-14-2009, 01:35 PM
Whats wrong with whelen modified tour ???? NAME???

Jaws
05-14-2009, 05:45 PM
The "Who needs fenders" and we put on a better show than Taxi Cab cars Whelen tour!! lol

dually
05-14-2009, 07:04 PM
WHABHT= Who Has A Bigger Hauler Tour

worm
05-14-2009, 07:33 PM
your so right dually!

LiquidBread
05-14-2009, 10:10 PM
So basically as of tonight it's the "Formerly-Known-As-Winston-Formerly-Known-As-Featherlite-Why-Not-Whelen-We're-Better-Than-Fenders-I-Have-Hauler-Envy" modified tour? Now there's a marketable tag line! All interested sponsors should visit the FKAWFKAFWNWWBTFIHHWTour.com website.....

RGeeProductions
05-14-2009, 10:23 PM
Sorry, I feel Whelen is a wonderful sponsor of a modified racing series.

uticamike
05-14-2009, 10:59 PM
F. A. R. T.

Forgetable
Asphalt
Racing
Tour

kja819
05-17-2009, 01:00 PM
I agree Whelen is a great sponsor.

Jaws
05-17-2009, 06:06 PM
Sorry, I feel Whelen is a wonderful sponsor of a modified racing series.

Yes they are, they put up money ever year but (And this is not a knock becaue I really don't know) what do they provide each year money and non money, just curious. Since they have been a sponsor we have less races that pay less money.

Would we have even less races and money without them, I just don't know.

Its just an observation not a judgement. I have read many places what great people they are and they sponsor a lot of racing, there should be more people like them.

Mike Fields
05-17-2009, 06:37 PM
Whelen puts up the money to sponsor the Tour. Phil Kurze is there at just about every race, and is very involved in many ways. For the first time that I can remember, a sponsor actually has a presence at just about every race. That's quite a difference from what it used to be.

When the former sponsor was associated with the Tour, once in a blue moon, they would send a trailer. WOW!

Whelen doesn't make the decisions on which tracks the Tour races at; that decision is made by NASCAR and how much money the track can afford to put up.

I'd hate to think of how few races the Tour would be made up without Phil Kurze and Whelen Engineering--- and how bad the shape of that Tour could really be. That is, of course, if the Tour was still around.

Again, that's only my opinion. Hey Shawn, what's yours?

Jaws
05-17-2009, 08:42 PM
Like I said Mike, I did not know what they contributed thats why I asked.

RGeeProductions
05-17-2009, 08:50 PM
I really can't believe this thread.
Whelen sponsors the NASCAR modified touring series, not the races or tracks they run at, the series itself.
They pay whatever for their name to be used in the series, it's advertising!!
Who cares how much they put into their sponsorship. Only NASCAR knows as they spend it!!!
Whelen is there and we have modified racing. Whelen is NOT the problem here!

limodmaniac
05-17-2009, 09:05 PM
I thinik the original intent of this post had only to do with one thing...NASCAR... They are the ones many people are angry with.

RGeeProductions
05-17-2009, 09:32 PM
Yeah, that too!!! LOL

Jaws
05-17-2009, 09:42 PM
I really can't believe this thread.
Whelen sponsors the NASCAR modified touring series, not the races or tracks they run at, the series itself.
They pay whatever for their name to be used in the series, it's advertising!!
Who cares how much they put into their sponsorship. Only NASCAR knows as they spend it!!!
Whelen is there and we have modified racing. Whelen is NOT the problem here!

I don't think anyone said they are the problem, ( if they did they are wrong)maybe the reason for the questions is that few people except Nascar and people close to the tour know what they do. I go to many races and follow the tour as much as most here and I didn't know.

Its the Whelen tour so I assumed that they posibly put money dirrectly into the purse, thats all.

I thank them for the sponsorship and hope Phil knows that lots of us appreciate what he does. Although apparently with his recent coments he does not and thats too bad.

RGeeProductions
05-17-2009, 09:53 PM
Do you blame him for his comments? I am sure he, NASCAR and the tracks have all received numerous letters, calls and emails of complaining. I would bet only 1 of 20 emails were sensibly written. I have spoken with Phil and he has a deep love of the modifieds, hence his sponsorship. APPARENTLY he has had enough of the complaining....nothing wrong with that...
PLEASE, back to the silly topic here of renaming a tour....I'll stick with the Whelen Modified Tour as my first post stated...

Jaws
05-17-2009, 10:17 PM
Uncle.:rolleyes:

uticamike
05-17-2009, 10:35 PM
Richie, Silly topic indeed but with a serious under tone. I think many comments
made on this site, a certain radio show and the musings of one Hartford motor
sports writer are born of the frustration some of us have with the current direction of the Tour. Its the owners and drivers who are speaking out along with many fans and other observers of the sport. I've never ever seen a specific negative reference with regard to Whelen Engineering in general or Mr Kurze. He seems to have some specific critic's in mind in his letter addressed to Gary Danko a couple of weeks ago and it is unfortunate he wouldn't/couldn't come on the show and speak about it directly. I join the many that thank Whelen for their commitment to the Modifieds and short track racing in general
but there are problems in the "house" and ignoring them or glossing over them
doesn't diminish the issues. A dialog with all the princibles involved with the Tour will have to be had sooner or later. I'm hoping its sooner.

RGeeProductions
05-17-2009, 10:59 PM
I know what's going on....and have Danko's show on many cd's....
You want a solution, I got one....
Why don't all the tour owners get together, hash out all the issues they have with the tour and NASCAR, as it really affects them not us, and when they all come to common ground, appoint 2 people as spokes-persons to meet with NASCAR for answers and possible solutions to the issues???? THEN after that meeting make a decision on their part in the scheme of things.
That would go much farther then renaming a tour, bashing NASCAR and tracks, fans complaining to tracks and NASCAR because you know what, WE WILL ALL LOSE!!!!
How's that!!
Once again, I like the Whelen Modified Tour AND it's name....:cheers:

catfish
05-18-2009, 10:51 AM
Well stated !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!