PDA

View Full Version : Ted Christopher Vows Not To Return To Stafford Motor Speedway For Weekly Events

ShawnCourchesne
05-16-2009, 12:28 AM
Ted Christopher Vows Not To Return To Stafford Motor Speedway For Weekly Events After Friday Penalty ( http://blogs.courant.com/autoracing/2009/05/ted-christopher-vows-not-to-re.html)

BigMac
05-16-2009, 08:40 AM
Ha! What a way to start an already controversial week at Stafford.

JED
05-16-2009, 09:08 AM
When the penalty was announced it was like....'what'? I have never seen a call like that. A warning then you restart third is the usual way at Stafford.
Rocco did appear to not get going on the restart. He did the same thing on a later restart.
I knew when Christopher parked the car on pit road he was furious and would vow not be back. He has said it before so we will see.

Sicklajoie
05-16-2009, 09:24 AM
They did it to Coby in an SK race last year and to a couple other people in the lower divisions.
It's a stupid rule. Sgambato is so hung up on "stotts and restotts" rather than the expensive demolition that goes on every week. Under this rule, the leader always gets the benefit of the doubt. If the leader's asleep or has a bad start, it makes the outside guy look bad and they're the ones that get the shaft.
It's too bad that they're a first class facility with a guy running "race control" that has no clue how to call a race.
That call is gonna bite the track in the arse. With him not running every week I guarantee the crowds will be lower. Right now the track is putty in Teddy's hands. I'm sure in a couple weeks TC will be getting the "we could sure use you back" phone call that they've given to Chris Jones, Bo Gunning, Jimmy Blewett, etc.

Kevin
05-17-2009, 01:06 PM
They won't call TC right away. It'll be a few weeks when car counts are down because people can't afford to fix destroyed race cars every week. Or the rules they have don't get enforced and people get tired of racing legal cars against the track favorites stuff. They won't think about Ted Christopher right now, they don't need him yet.

modscene
05-22-2009, 01:36 PM
Teddy has had a change of direction and he will be driving the SK on Friday night's at Stafford, starting tonight.

RGeeProductions
05-22-2009, 09:05 PM
Gee, who would have thought that would happen...:confused:

Jaws
05-22-2009, 11:52 PM
Actually Ted stated he would not return if he did not think he could win...lol

catfish
05-23-2009, 01:20 PM
I don't see that in any of his quotes Jaws, just that he would not be back.

Jaws
05-23-2009, 01:30 PM
I don't see that in any of his quotes Jaws, just that he would not be back.

:) ah, you didn't get my attempt at humor.... :)

oleblue
05-24-2009, 12:24 PM
ted is a racer and he just wants to race all the time. great to see him friday, everyone vents and just was his way of blowing off his steam

mattphoto
05-27-2009, 03:36 PM
glad to see Ted back at Stafford on Friday's. The SK division wouldn't be the same without him