PDA

View Full Version : Racing in NJ...

CJfilms
05-16-2009, 03:36 PM
We have finally received approval for our rules in NJ....

Although I have re-written this whole page, the major changes are regarding safety alone...

The fact that I have re-written the page is merely because I have stated the same rules a little clearer....

http://www.neetsracing.com/rules/techrules-asphalt.htm

NOTE:
As was discussed, a Wall Factory Stock Car will be permitted to run the Holley 350 Carb that is sealed to the motor. IF you decide to swap out the carb from the motor, you most certainly will have to REPLACE AND RESEAL the motor for the next Factory Stock race at Wall Stadium as per Wall Stadium Tech Official.

richardpetey
05-16-2009, 09:15 PM
NEETS N.J. rules posted make no mention of the type of rollbar padding required, does this mean we can use the old foam stuff or do we have to use the sfi 45 padding.................:confused:
UNCLE PETEY...................:wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave:

mcstockcar
05-17-2009, 08:20 AM
I bought a stick of that new padding at Lawrance Engineering. It was $17.95 for a 3ft piece. The owner said you only have to have it anywhere from your chest up, below that dont matter. So that somewhat helps with cost if you have padding on other bars below the chest area.:)

richardpetey
05-17-2009, 07:41 PM
I just wanna know if we really need the sfi45-1 rollbar padding...........................:confused:
If we do, I can get it for anyone that wants it from a local vender at Wall Stadium for $15 a stick.....................:cool:
UNCLE PETEY.....................:wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave:

CJfilms
05-18-2009, 09:36 AM
Working on that Petey....I should have the final answer on this by today....

310fig8
05-20-2009, 06:56 AM
Has this issue been resolved yet?

RocknRoll
05-22-2009, 05:41 PM
I'm wondering also what the final word is??

Erin C
05-22-2009, 06:51 PM
Joe put in another call into the state police in charge of this...just waiting for the final word and he will post it up...he didn't forget, he's just waiting for a return call.

CJfilms
05-23-2009, 10:37 AM
YES!!! I did get the final answer on this topic....

SFI rated roll bar padding will be required! As it has been passed by me, ONE STICK should be plenty to do ONE CAR. Mainly it needs to be located around the driver's helmet on any bar within 18" of the driver's head.

As for any other specifics....nothing else has bee nbrought to my attention.

$15 per stick is high...but you should only need ONE STICK of it!

EnduroFromDE
05-23-2009, 11:07 AM
$15 PER 3FT STICK IS ABOUT $5 CHEEPER THEN I PAID...I BOUGHT THAT CHEEP STUFF YOU MIGHT BE TALKING ABOUT FOR ABOUT $7 A STICK BUT NOT FOR THWE sfi STUFF...sorry for the caps...im not yelling...:lol: