PDA

View Full Version : Great race today but...

STU
05-17-2009, 07:15 PM
1. a few 4 cyl drivers need to grow up
2. big car tech was a tense situation
3. tech man should never say "i'll dq everyone if i have to".
4. many teams say they won't return

damage control please step in!!

intense1
05-17-2009, 07:40 PM
And you will be fine.

richardpetey
05-17-2009, 08:50 PM
The only rules at Sundance are: there are no consistent rules.....................:mad:
UNCLE PETEY................:disgusted :disgusted :disgusted :disgusted :disgusted

intense1
05-17-2009, 09:00 PM
The only thing consistent...is the fact that your NEVER legal!

intense1
05-17-2009, 09:05 PM
It ain't NEET...to cheat!

richardpetey
05-17-2009, 09:19 PM
I was told BEFORE the race by your TECH official those springs were legal and there would be absolutely no problems what-so-ever after the race..............................:confused:
The problem is you have lost control of the people that work under you......................:(
I tried my best, working in conjunction with Pappy, to conform to your big car enduro rules......................:rolleyes:
If that idiot that DQ'ed me would have gone on with the inspection of my enduro, everybody would have seen I was legal.................:disgusted
Stop the excuses and admit your wrong..........................:help:
UNCLE PETEY...................:wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave:

intense1
05-17-2009, 09:49 PM
The only one making excuses is you...Mr. DQ!
You make it sound like we SPRUNG this on you. After your antics, be happy your not SUSPENDED.

richardpetey
05-17-2009, 10:28 PM
Apparently, I'm not the only one who is disappointed in the way things are run at Sundance....................:drool:
I tried to do things your way but its still not good enough, no excuses from me, I'll continue to race elsewhere...................:rolleyes:
I thought you had a handle on things at Sundance, but I guess the low car counts, no fans in the stands and you chasing cars away will be the norm......................:disgusted
I want to thank Pappy for his help and I appreciate his honesty, he must really love racing to put up with the BS at Sundance................;)
I'm sorry I lost my temper today but I just could not put up with the two-faced stupidity any longer......................:help:
Suspend me! Please! Blow what little integrity you have left...............:mad:
UNCLE PETEY.....................:wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave:

miller78
05-17-2009, 10:53 PM
ur lucky no one got hurt pulling them springs out today im not going to piss and moan that i got dq its not worth it .50 bucks is not worth the safety of my crew im sorry for action on pit road but if u work 4 years to make a top 10 ten car u be upset to so off i go to pay 150 bucks on race "appoved" springs cause a 88 caprice and a 86 cutlass spring just ant stock enough so i can dq for something else cause aaron miller is such cheater lol

intense1
05-17-2009, 11:01 PM
Give it a rest...you ain't the best.
You made the Wall FS...a mess.
Did Morton throw salt in your wound, too?
Take your cheated car to another track...for a DQ.
OR...learn to play by the rules!

ohdeere51
05-18-2009, 11:48 AM
Looking for contact info for Larry Spencer driver of 51 I spoke with my son and now know why he did what he did Im not happy with him but i under stand why he did what he did I would like to speak to you personally please call me at 609-213-0347 scott dunn father of #69

Rowdy Rules 51
05-18-2009, 12:43 PM
I have tried to speak to your son Justin numerous times follwing the race yeasterday and the race before in April plain as day yesterday for reason only known to him he proceeded to hit me from behind for no reason and then spun me out in turn one and two for no reason so when he came by me one the inside i turned into him ON PURPOSE.....he has to learn if you mess with the bull you get the horns plain as day and following the altercation i wanted to speak to him and of course you and him were both no where to be found and before the 6 and 8 cylinder race was over you were already on your way back to New Jersey.... talk when the altercation happens not the next day....as for contact info on me go to www.luckyduckyracing.com and go to the contact us page........Thanks Agin and I hope everyone has a Rowdy month before the next Enduro in june!!!!!!

gripz
05-18-2009, 01:46 PM
could someone please explain what happened,so i can understand why some cars were Disqualified.

Thank You

NJ Chick
05-18-2009, 01:47 PM
Wow, congrats 2/10's, nice posts, you've really hit an all time high with your people skills there!:disgusted It wasn't all that long ago you were begging Petey to let you drive HIS car at the E-town road course, which he let you...guess you weren't too worried about getting DQ'ed in HIS car then, why is that?:confused:

But thanks for mentioning NEETS in your posts at every opportunity you get, we appreciate the PR!:wave:

ohdeere51
05-18-2009, 02:00 PM
The reason for the attack on your rear bummper was to knock off the uncalled for decall that states your intensions YOUR DUNN69! i belive it reads if this is the way you want to race it is fine with us i will not hold him back any more i watched you from the stands looking for justin on the track i have a number of cars and will destrory every one of them taking you out! " GAME ON" HAVE A NICE DAY SCOTT DUNN

ohdeere51
05-18-2009, 02:16 PM
i know you are online call me my phone is in my hand lets solve this now or are you not a bull but full of bull sheet

Spanky1975
05-18-2009, 03:07 PM
Both of you drivers just need to calm down. Racing incidents are one thing, but going after someone after the checkered flag is another. It is an enduro race and nothing more if you know someone is intentionally trying to take you out just put them in the wall, but don't do anything stupid after the race. As for saying that someone is done for next race. I really hope Mike and the other people from sudance vacation speedway are reading this and have a few car numbers written down next to the black flag.

And Mike and the 43

Enough is enough, sometimes it is amusing to read these posts, but a driver and a track official bashing each other on the forums is not going to bring the car counts up either. If a driver was cheating there is nothing more to say about it. It does state in the rules that an official's ruling is final. So lets make it final. If the DQ'ed driver says they won't be back to sundance (lapdance) speedway then just let him move on his way and start working on getting the enduro car counts back over 50 like it used to be.

Driver of the 31 4cyl. enduro

intense1
05-18-2009, 05:15 PM
The first step to building car counts back up is to ENFORCE the rules so that everyone feels they have a fair chance. The staff of officials from Sundance Vacations Speedway all take pride in their roles and I would put them up against any track in the country.
As for the 51 and 69...that was great. The fans were on their feet, and it created a little excitement. Personally, we need more of it. Frankly, the racing has become like the mid part of a cup race, when drivers are just clicking off laps.
Hey folks...it's junk car enduro racing. These things ain't supposed to handle. You are all local celebrities, so start acting like it. Have FUN with it. Build rivalries, trade paint, but most of all...put on a show.
We'll do our part, you do yours.
As for me and my good friend Uncle Petey...Occasionally, we have professional differences of opinion. Off the record, we can still joke and have a good time.
They didn't call Jimmy Spencer "Mr. Excitement" for nothing...right, Larry?

richardpetey
05-18-2009, 09:54 PM
If you want drivers to wreck each other rename it the enduro-derby class......................:help:
You might get a few more fans but a good car count would be a thing of the past.......................:-|
You better get control of your help and do it fast.......................:rolleyes:
But a wink is as good as a nod to a blind jacka$$.....................:(
Shouldn't expect anything less from the man who thinks he "reinvented" enduro..........:eek:
UNCLE PETEY.................:wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave:

intense1
05-18-2009, 10:25 PM
Doesn't NEETS need you...to kill that too?
YOU are the only one, who has forgotten the meaning of Enduro racing. Take your Street Stock and go away...the rest have a level field to play. If you're gonna cheat, at least be good at it...

richardpetey
05-19-2009, 07:29 AM
Sundance tried to steal the NEETS series, not long ago...............:rolleyes:
Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery, don't you know............:drool:
It took you a few years but you managed to bang up your own series like a worn out hoe................:confused:
Now NEETS is back with a new home and much better car counts than your show.................:cool:
You call me a cheater till you act and sound silly..............:disgusted
But in the end, it'll be you standing "alone" holding your "WILLY"....................:eek:
UNCLE PETEY...................:wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave:

intense1
05-19-2009, 08:53 AM
It's too bad your car don't run like your mouth.
We'll see who's laughing when your series goes south. HE HE

Rowdy Rules 51
05-19-2009, 09:16 AM
Mike your one hell of a promotor and a great guy don't listen to a word that bum Petey says :lol: your right tho our races have become boring as a cup race no action no beating no banging....just CHEATING..... stay picking your potatos in the dirt and let the racin for the asphalt (none cheating) drivers.....as for your dunn what was said yesterday between my pr guy and you is between you and him as for me and justin the sticker is off of the back like requested but the issue isnt settled if its up to me the intentionaly wrecking is over but the issue isn't...... just run each other like we run everyone else......... Have a Rowdy day........ Larry Spencer III :wave:

gripz
05-19-2009, 09:21 AM
:disgusted Why don't you two act like men???????

richardpetey
05-19-2009, 09:08 PM
You can't put fans in the stands for free or even with a gun.................:rolleyes:
Go visit a real race track(dirt or asphalt) and see how its done................:help:
Better believe my mouth and racecar are fast...............:D
I beat up your field and coming from dead last.................;)
UNCLE PETEY.....................:wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave:

intense1
05-19-2009, 09:58 PM
TOO BAD YOU WERE...ILLEGAL:disgusted

miller78
05-19-2009, 10:31 PM
i love how i told on saturday u can run off set "racing" wheels as long as they are the same on all 4 but u have 2 of the same "stock" springs in the car tell me how that make sence:help:

richardpetey
05-19-2009, 10:54 PM
Too bad you suffer from DQ delusions...................:disgusted
Your tech man was the only person to inspect my car and he deemed it legal.......:cool:
Then your pit boy proved his four favorite years in school were in second grade...................:eek:
If you didn't want me to race at Lapdance all you had to say is your not welcome......................:rolleyes:
UNCLE PETEY........................:wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave:

EricaR
05-19-2009, 11:24 PM
I think you've un-welcomed yourself this time...you have pretty much managed to bash every one of our officials...excpet me :D as well as our track sponsor...not cool....what's up?? You used to laugh when you got DQ'd because you knew you were illegal when you ran with the other series, you told me you were just happy to be racing....(singing in my awful singing voice)where oh where did our Uncle Petey go? Oh where oh were can he be? With his wheels not stock and his springs too low, oh where or where will he go?

intense1
05-19-2009, 11:31 PM
Your NOT welcome.
Na Na Na Na...Na Na Na Na...Hey Hey Hey...
GOODBYE!

richardpetey
05-20-2009, 05:41 AM
I am sorry you feel like that Erica, but I only can take so much two-faced stuff before I say UNCLE.....................:disgusted
Please don't make it appear that I dislike everybody at Sundance, I love you all, but outright ignorance can't be tolerated................:(
You can only blame the economy and ME for the dwindling enduro car counts for so long........................:help:
UNCLE PETEY...............:wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave:

W. J.
05-20-2009, 11:17 AM
Following this thread since the beginning, the only thing that seems to be missing are the facts. :(

What was the DQ for, and what rule(s) did it violate? Seems to me if that were made clear, this could come to an end. :rolleyes:

LongIslandJam
05-20-2009, 12:52 PM
And the rule in question is:

15. Suspension must be stock components and be in stock location.
A. Springs must mirror each other inside and outside (wire diameter and number of coils).

gripz
05-20-2009, 02:25 PM
How much did this race pay??? it seems to have paid about a million bucks for it to cause this much trouble. Ha Ha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!. If petey is always cheating and the track knows it,:confused: why didn't they check him before he went on the track? seems to me that would have solved all this mess.

LM13
05-20-2009, 03:48 PM
If you do anything more to a car besides gut it and add safety stuff then it's a factory stock. The 43 is a professional enduro racer who is racing a factory stock car in the enduro class. Neets is a factory stock series that wishes it was an enduro. Too many rules about suspension changes when there should be none. As soon as you add the word series you become a race not an enduro. Enduros are about surviving 100 laps one run at a time not racing 100 laps in a series of races over the summer with the same car. In Neets if something is blocking the track and you are side by side you will move and give the guy room to get by so you can race him to the finish. In an enduro if you are side by side you do all you can to run that other guy into whatever it is that's blocking the track hoping you survive and endure 100 laps and the other guy is done for the night. Enduro car counts are down because who wants to run against professional enduro drivers who turned what was suppose to be a fun time into more work and money then it was designed to be. If racing is so important that you have to scale, spring and balance besides spending lots of money on your "enduro" car then it might be time to move up a class because what you are building is not a enduro car it's a race car.

Tracy87BB
05-20-2009, 04:40 PM
LM13, as an enduro racer myself, I have to say I agree with some of your points but not all of them. I have never heard an enduro driver say that if there was a car blocking the track, you should try to drive the guy next to you into it. Yes, the idea is to endure...but I always thought it was to endure on your own, not by trying to get other cars to wreck. I, for one, have a family at home and a full-time job to be at Monday morning, and I sure wouldn't want to be on the track with a field full of drivers who are going to intentionally try to drive me into dead cars. That would be dangerous not only to myself, but to the person who might be in the other car as well. When I was a teenager, I drove cars that were strictly gut-and-go, but now I sit back and wonder what the heck I was thinking. I don't have all sorts of fancy tricks in my truck - probably mainly because I'm not fast enough for any of it to be any advantage to me at this point anyway - but I would not, at this point in my life, get into anything that didn't have some safety features to it - cage, seat and harnesses, fuel cell. And no, I don't have the time, the money, or the desire to completely outfit a new vehicle for every race, so being able to run my truck a number of times is the only way it is feasible to me. Yes, it may be an enduro, but it is still an enduro RACE, not an enduro wreckfest.

Just my opinion.

Marv72
05-20-2009, 07:45 PM
This is my second full season at Sundance (mountain) in the Enduro class.

I have to agree with Tracy. The safety rules that are now in place compared to a few years ago are different. You now have to have belts, race seat, roll cage, fuel cell, ect. Several years ago you raced with a gutted car and you raced the enduro race. (NO RACE anything seat,rollcage, fuel cell, ect.)

So enduro racers like myself have alot of money tied up in our ENDURO cars,trucks. It is nice that a track like SUNDANCE has a low budget racing series known as the ENDURO SERIES at SUNDANCE SPEEDWAY.

THANK YOU Sundance track personal.

:D

richardpetey
05-20-2009, 08:34 PM
Thank you W.J. for asking the correct question................:cool:
Thank you J.A. for posting the rules....................;)
Thank you Gripz for hitting the problem on the head....................:applause:
This is the series of events as they happened chronologically; (1)I called 2/10a day before the race and said I would like to race in the Sunday enduro.
I asked that I be teched before the race to avoid this current fiasco................................:rolleyes:
(2) He told me to call Pappy the tech official at the track. I asked him exactly what he needed me to do to pass the enduro tech. I also requested that I be fully inspected before the race so there would be no if ands and but after the race..............................:)
(3)I arrived at the racetrack and immediately looked for Pappy to perform the inspection we had agreed upon over the phone.............:D
(4) He checked my car for things like riding height, wheels/tires, etc. He then asked me about the front and rear springs. I told him the front springs did indeed mirror each other but wasn't sure about the rears, so to be safe I pulled the rear springs. Pappy said the rear springs were not legal, so I asked around the pits and borrowed a couple of springs that were EXACTLY the same except one was blue and one was rust in color.....................:p
(5) Pappy then OK'ed the springs and assured me I would have no problem in an after race inspection and told me to go ahead and pay to register the car,which I did and was informed I would have to start dead last................:(
(6) After the race the top five were asked to remove their front springs, which I moaned about but was willing to do as per my agreement with Pappy. I removed the rear springs to return them to the person from whom I had borrowed them. An official walked by and said the springs were illegal. I tried to explain to him they were pre-race approved by his own tech person. He then got stupid with idiotic statements such as "I can DQ anybody I want too" I went off on him verballly loaded my car and left the track.................:disgusted
Thats exactly the way it went down anybody that was in the inspection area can verify this statement....................:help:
UNCLE PETEY......................:wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave:

33Munky34
05-20-2009, 08:48 PM
So from what I have been reading thoughout this whole post. I have come to on conclusion ok maybe a couple.
1. Seems like petey did everything asked of him.
2. Mike wants the enduros to be a rolling demo derby.
3. Someone doesn't like when outsiders come in and clean up.
4. Some people forget what people have done for them.
And last what is happening to mountain it is looking more and more like that track down the turnpike.

EricaR
05-20-2009, 09:08 PM
told me to go ahead and pay to register the car,which I did and was informed I would have to start dead last................:(

Just to keep me out of this....you had to start dead last because you got to the track after the 4 cylinders were on track to start their feature, registration had been closed for a LOOOONG time and line-ups posted. Anyone arriving after the drivers meeting/coin toss will start in the rear. Just to clarify that point. What happened in tech and with tech I don't know, but you as well as Shawn Gallucci had to start in the rear because you got there late. I don't want anyone thinking that your starting position had been done on purpose.

richardpetey
05-20-2009, 09:29 PM
In no way am I blaming you for doing your job, Erica...................:confused:
Just stating the facts...................:rolleyes:
UNCLE PETEY..............:wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave:

intense1
05-20-2009, 09:38 PM
Petey arrived purposely late to avoid tech. Unfortunately for him, during safety inspection, multiple infractions were found on his car...as always. Some things never change.
This was after two phone calls from him in which he was warned of the consequences based on his past "track record".
We do not let anyone tell US when we tech them.
Face it Petey...your a born cheater. You have never played by the rules. It obvious your bitter about the past. get over it. You ain't gonna change the world.
You have lost alot of credibility with many, and I have personally lost alot of respect for you.
Move on, Move up, grow up, or retire.
You call yourself an ambassador for the sport, but you are nothing of the sort.
It really hurts me to say this but it's time for you to look in the mirror. That is where the problem lies.
Or, you can start doing your part to help the sport WE all love.
You want to keep going...i'm game.
Checkmate.

richardpetey
05-20-2009, 10:12 PM
I arrived late because I was working on the car all AM to cater to your wishes....................:mad:
You of all people talk about credibility and respect, don't let this Lapdance job go to your head....................:disgusted
Your "OPINION" is just another BS statement to rectify a situation you brought upon yourself...................:(
I never have called myself an ambassador for enduro racing, ever!...................:rolleyes:
You can beat this cheater stuff until your blue in the face, all its gonna do is make you look like a spiteful wanna-be promoter............;)
Obviously, it doesn't hurt you to say anything.....................:help:
You took a well intentioned request to race at Mountain and turned it into a nightmare for both of us...............................:disgusted
I try to do as much for the sport and my fellow racers as I can but I don't cater to self-serving two-faced promoters...........:mad:
Last but not least, you could never play a good game of chess......................................:D
UNCLE PETEY....................:wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave:
YOUR MOVE.................

Bob Coco
05-21-2009, 12:20 AM
I was at Mountain when you cursed out Mike and said you'd rather race the fish bowl then ever come back to Mountain again. Why don't you stick to your words.

I'm not bad mouthing either track. Just repeating what I heard out of your mouth. I had a brand new set of Vortec 4.3 heads I was going to give you until I heard you say that. I tossed them in the garbage after that. Your a piece of Poo Poo.

Oh, and hi to everyone at Sundance. I hope to be back soon. I've been very busy working on my house. Gotta keep the wife happy!

Bob Coco

o

EricaR
05-21-2009, 06:58 AM
Oh Mr Coco....a little "White" birdie told me that there is now a MRS. Coco!! CONGRATULATIONS!!! :applause: :cheers:

intense1
05-21-2009, 08:17 AM
You have bad mouthed every track and tech official on the east coast, but yet when you show up-you expect a fair shake. Then, you proceed to try and justify your cheating ways by bashing them.
You are a fraud.
Richard Petty would puke if he saw how you act.

W. J.
05-21-2009, 11:33 AM
The whole thread has turned into something that is laughingly ludicrous.

We have one person telling us that the objective of enduros is to destroy your competition by crashing them out so you can win. I thought that was a demo derby.....

The person labeled a cheater tells us it was over two different color, but technically equal, springs. No one refutes that claim, but the 'cheating' accusation continues..

His story about asking for, and receiving, a special tech is also not refuted, yet he is accused of showing up late to avoid that tech???...

While he has a history of DQ's for various reasons, it is because he tries to use the gray areas of the rules, like many racers through history, when putting his car together. This incident bears no resemblance to anything like that.

His behavior afterwards is no different than most when they've been accused of something that they feel is unjust to them. His basically unrefuted explanation of the events shows why he was angry. He is not the first to do so, nor will he be the last....

Car counts are down for many reasons, not just the economy, so it is in the best interest of all to try to avoid purposely creating more factors that contribute to it. The contents of this thread will probably cause others to rethink where they want to race, but that's water under the bridge.

Let me clarify that I see the point of both sides here, and each has some good points, but NONE of this is helping promote healthy racing.

NJ Chick
05-21-2009, 11:50 AM
Thank you WJ, excellent post. But you see, Mikey wants the wrecks on the track to keep things interesting. He's doing the same thing here on the forum so people will keep checking in. See how many views this post has? Seems as though any attention is better than no attention even at the expense of friendships. As a representative of Sundance Mike, you're making yourself look like an idiot, but if that's your intention, you're doing a great job!:rolleyes:

LM13
05-21-2009, 02:22 PM
If you want the total Factory Stock racing experience with clean, courteous family style green flag 35mph no touch racing where everyone holds hands after the race and sings love songs then join NEETS [CHEETS-according to some]. A place where you can build a true factory stock and know it will be around to run for at least three full seasons. Otherwise grab a car that won't pass state inspection, gut it, add a couple off safety pieces and come race a real enduro in Drums Pa. This is the choice.

Erin C
05-21-2009, 02:29 PM
OK, you know what? ENOUGH!!!! You don't even watch our events so you have no right saying anything...were you there when we had cars flip on the front stretch? Were you there when we had cars flipped in the turns? Were you there when we left 3 dead cars across the start finish line because THAT IS HOW AN ENDURO IS SUPPOSED TO BE RUN???? NO you were not. A LOT has changed since the series left my fathers hands!!! Leave NEETS out of this because for some reason the series keeps getting brought up for NO reason! There are other enduro SERIES out there that run MUCH cleaner races than we do...I am not saying our races are CLEAN and I am not saying they are WRECKFESTS but what I am saying is that THE TOPIC OF THIS POST IS NOT ABOUT NEETS SO LEAVE THE SERIES OUT OF IT!!!!! :mad::mad::mad::mad:

LM13
05-21-2009, 02:44 PM
Didn't the so called "pit boy" by Petey with the second grade education that graduated pre med go to the same school you did? U of Scranton.

White Lightnin
05-21-2009, 03:07 PM
Phil, are you now a full fledged employee of the track or still just a cronie?

CJfilms
05-21-2009, 03:17 PM
I am not getting involved in this post/discussion.

Out of respect for all officials, fans, drivers, friends and representitives...

Eric, JA or Richie, please close this thread down, it has gone way overboard and should be deleted altogether due to all the slack the Speedways and Series have taken.

Please put an end to this, it is beyond ugly now with everyone pointing fingers and now starting to make personal accusations...way off the topic of this thread. Let's all move on and enjoy the racing, wherever it may be.

intense1
05-21-2009, 03:35 PM
W.J., you can sugar coat it all you want. If you feel that it is better to race where there is no teching, then go race somewhere else.
Cheaters chase cars. When you challenge the integrity of the SVS officials, then you better be in for a fight. As I said earlier in this thread, I would put our staff up against any track's staff.
And Ms. Neets,
I am glad that somebody understands that drama and contraversy creates interest.
Right now, Kyle Busch is Sprint Cup racing's only hope. I do feel that he could learn to lose more graciously(some people could use this advice), but that just stirs people up...so it must be working. Even my man Smoke has been quiet.
Erin, Petey has made it a point to be the spokesmodel for your deal...maybe it's time to find a new attack dog, since he has bit HIMSELF in the a$$.
It's obvious that some...have "selective reading".

LM13
05-21-2009, 03:35 PM
"Sundance tired to steal NEETS series not long ago."
"Now Neets is back with a new home and much better car counts then your show."
This is an open invite to talk about Neets. Erin maybe you should tell your drivers that if you want nothing said about neets on the Sundance forum to not bring the subject up.

W. J.
05-21-2009, 03:36 PM
I've witnessed NEETS and (Riverhead) Grand Enduro races, along with the enduros run by SVS and others. While car preps may be different, I'd have to say the racing has a quality all it's own, similar in all of these series. The guys and gals who put a little more work and money into their cars respect them and the cars of others a little too much to run the type of oval demo derby some people would like to see, but don't fault them for it, applaud them instead, for being smart and 'living' to race another day. True Enduro type fans know the difference between a gut and go and a built car, and appreciate both types. One of the first Enduros I ever attended at Riverhead had a Charger (Street Stock type) car entered in it (It didn't win).
Bashing one series because it doesn't satisfy your needs is, for lack of any other terms, selfish and childish. If you don't like it, don't watch it. Not all race fans enjoy EVERY type of racing. The smart ones pick what they like and go there. Few, if any, spend their time looking for opportunities to bash the ones they don't care for. Sort of like this post, where I didn't mention one type of racing I'd skip (there are a few) because I don't care for it!!! :wave:

LM13
05-21-2009, 04:06 PM
W.J., do you feel better now that you stood above all this and got to call people "selfish and childish" for lack of any other terms? What I see is people responding to a bashing that come here, it didn't start here. Second grade education? Better car counts? I'd go on but I don't want to get "long winded", as you have called other posts of mine. I hope I spelled everything right.

gutter7
05-21-2009, 05:11 PM
You mean they're still wrecking people and the track is doing nothing?
Our driver got hit so hard by the deer that they're hood paint was on our rear
and this is while driving in to turn one mind you, Our driver leaves in an ambulance, spends the night at the hospital and all the track did about it was call us up that week and tell us not to come back with out a doctors
note. Oh and OHDEERE thats rite you did that because our car said deer hunter due a similar sitiuation the race before.
You and your family are a safety hazard IMO

intense1
05-21-2009, 05:54 PM
Petey brought it here. Go back and read the WHOLE thread.
The officials at SVS take pride in their jobs. Our house, our rules. If you can't follow them then suffer the consequences.
Petey has always had a problem following the rules. This time was no different.
He just can't comply. So, he just won't race at SVS anymore. Plain and simple.
He chose to take it down this long and winding road.
Quit blowing smoke.

LongIslandJam
05-21-2009, 06:01 PM
Well its Thursday, and I don't think there's going to be any resolution to this that is mutual to everyone (and isn't personal).

The root of the issue was the springs rule.

15. Suspension must be stock components and be in stock location.
A. Springs must mirror each other inside and outside (wire diameter and number of coils).

Interpretation of that rule is always covered by the inevitable catch-all rule that every track has, which in Sundance's case is -

DUE TO THE WIDE RANGE OF TYPES OF CARS, TECH RESERVES THE RIGHT TO ALLOW/DISALLOW ANY AND ALL PARTS OR MODIFICATIONS TO EVEN UP THE FIELD. OVER-COMPETITIVE CARS MAY BE RESTRICTED AS NEEDED.

Let's get back to racing.:cheers: