PDA

View Full Version : "Lucky" Break

Teds Race Tours
05-18-2009, 10:43 AM
Did anybody catch the car that came to a stop in turn 2. It was "lucky" that that happened for Brigati as he got his car back onto the track without losing a lap.

The Bullfather
05-18-2009, 02:42 PM
Must have missed it!:wave:

jeffrey
05-18-2009, 04:33 PM
I believe it was his back up car that stopped.:wave:

Golf Guy
05-18-2009, 05:48 PM
now,now, now, come on guy's. You're not trying to say he sent out his backup car to stall the race so he would stay on the lead lap- are you?

The Bullfather
05-18-2009, 06:38 PM
Nope, he went back out on the track to finish the race! Which he did!:)

RPMcGrellis414
05-18-2009, 08:22 PM
It was also only Timmy's second time in the modified

Ka$h25
05-18-2009, 09:16 PM
Don't know the situation but if it were anything more than a coincidence I would say everyone could have that advantage if they wanna put both of their modifieds out there.

RGeeProductions
05-18-2009, 09:43 PM
Did anybody catch the car that came to a stop in turn 2. It was "lucky" that that happened for Brigati as he got his car back onto the track without losing a lap.

I thought the car stopped in turn 2 was Brigati.
How was he lucky in that?

The Bullfather
05-18-2009, 09:46 PM
I thought I had double vision...I saw two 98x modifieds!

RGeeProductions
05-18-2009, 09:50 PM
I thought I had double vision...I saw two 98x modifieds!

Little gas on a fire huh Pete?

The Bullfather
05-18-2009, 09:57 PM
Nope just a styx song stuck in my mind. There's no fuel to fire, two different cars, two different drivers! No story to be added! Tape just fell off! The crew asked if Dave could switch cars because they never completed a lap, he wasn't allowed too because the green flag already dropped. Seems the rules state that if you take to the track and turn the hot laps before the feature, you must stay in that car. (Might be unwritten) That is why the tape was off the modified, the cars were stilled scored by their original numbers.

watchinurace
05-18-2009, 10:04 PM
The race officially begins with hot laps. If Brigati wanted to get into his back up car yes he could have, only the driver (Solomito) starting the race in the car gets the points. Therefore Solomito would have gotten the points had that driver change taken place during that caution flag.

RGeeProductions
05-18-2009, 10:17 PM
NOTE: Foreigner did Double Vision (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a6Oo79f742Q) silly....:D

The Bullfather
05-18-2009, 10:19 PM
opps my bad Dōmo arigatō misutā Robotto

BOWATCHER
05-19-2009, 06:36 PM
Too much time on my hands. is the song u are thinking about. LOL!!!!

Teds Race Tours
05-20-2009, 03:54 PM
now,now, now, come on guy's. You're not trying to say he sent out his backup car to stall the race so he would stay on the lead lap- are you?

Thats exactly what I am saying.

I thought the car stopped in turn 2 was Brigati.
How was he lucky in that?

It was Timmy, not Brigati. The Car just drove real slow on the restart and parked it in turn 2. About 30 seconds later, Brigati came back onto the track.

catfish
05-20-2009, 04:04 PM
Hmmmmm, between this and the alleged tire controversy in the Late Models it looks to be an interesting year developing

Fkraft99
05-20-2009, 04:24 PM
i dont see much controversy. The guy has the means to field 2 cars, he can do what he wants with those 2 cars. Anyone else that has 2 cars and half a brain would do the same thing. I wish more people would field 2 cars so it would look like there is some kind of a division left at this place.

RPMcGrellis414
05-20-2009, 04:45 PM
Hate to repeat myself but it was only his SECOND time in the car, maybe it was just a concidence

Teds Race Tours
05-20-2009, 05:36 PM
i dont see much controversy. The guy has the means to field 2 cars, he can do what he wants with those 2 cars. Anyone else that has 2 cars and half a brain would do the same thing. I wish more people would field 2 cars so it would look like there is some kind of a division left at this place.

Yes, we need more cars. But, as a paying fan, it kills me seeing these guys bring out intentional cautions. Mainly, I hate it when a driver has a flat and parks it on the track to bring out a caution, because that happens way too often. But this was blantat and obvious, and should have been met with a penalty.

Hate to repeat myself but it was only his SECOND time in the car, maybe it was just a concidence

How many times he ran that car is not really relavent. He's raced before in other divisions, and he had every opportunity to get his car to the infield. Maybe theres a 1 percent chance it was unintentional, and the entire situation just happened to occur as it did. I like Timmy, and I don't have a problem with Brigati either. I just hate that the caution appeared to be very deliberate, and seconds later, the team car came out the pit gate.

Hollywood
05-20-2009, 05:46 PM
FKraft and RPM Good job... you're right on with this,,,, too bad the economy is killing local racing....If you can have a team car and you're able to manipulate the rules DO IT! I don't think thats what happened BUT so what... Dave starts 13th and finishes 5th should have showed everyine some good racing..... A lot more exciting then 12 cars riding around...

Turn2Guru
05-20-2009, 06:02 PM
If you bring two cars to the track, and buy eight new tires, but only start one car in the heats or qualifying, you should have to put four tires in impound so the tire deal is fair for teams that field only one car. Two Late Model drivers were watching the race thinking about coming back, both told me "see, thats why we don't race here." So much for a new tire rule to help fatten the field.

Teds Race Tours
05-20-2009, 06:23 PM
:mad:SO than you should be mad at a couple of people besides the 99??? The 8x?? What about the people with a flat??? It happens at Riverhead all the time. Why are you only singling out Timmy???, Did it hurt anybody??? There were 0 laps completed, and Timmy is always 2-3 cars back from the pack on restarts!! So what's your point? I'm sorry you feel that way!!! Maybe you should watch PITBULL for you explanation.
Linda Solomito

Linda.
I am not saying he should go to prison. I am saying he should have been penalized. I am only singling out Timmy because Timmy did it this week. I am very consistent with my criticism on bringing out the yellow intentionally. I have, in the past, said the same things about my favorite drivers if they did something like this. I think its just wrong to manipulate the race that way. Ted

RacinRob
05-20-2009, 06:47 PM
What timmy did was no different than a car waiting till the caution comes out to pull away. To make this an issue is petty in my opinion. As freddie put it, if a guy can afford to bring two cars to the track and put them both out there, it's his business what he does with them. Also what penalty should have been given to timmy? A lap down....it would be sensless bc he's just out there turning laps and learning. Should be a dead issue. If there's 25 cars out there than let's complain....

Teds Race Tours
05-20-2009, 07:14 PM
What timmy did was no different than a car waiting till the caution comes out to pull away. To make this an issue is petty in my opinion. As freddie put it, if a guy can afford to bring two cars to the track and put them both out there, it's his business what he does with them. Also what penalty should have been given to timmy? A lap down....it would be sensless bc he's just out there turning laps and learning. Should be a dead issue. If there's 25 cars out there than let's complain....

What it does is bring down the level of the racing. If you think a paying fan wanting to see good racing for his money is petty, than I guess its a good thing you race cars, and don't promote them.

If you think a team that has 2 cars and has one bring out an intentional caution flag so the other can get back of the track is fine, then there is probably nothing I can say to convince you otherwise. But, lets say you lost the Championship by a small margain because somebody brought out a caution on purpose so that Driver B could get back on the track, and because of that Driver B beat you in points. Would that still be fine?

The penalty would have amounted to nothing I understand, but that doesn't mean it wasn't warranted.

jeffrey
05-20-2009, 07:14 PM
I think they should of let Bill Park fix his car to.we need all the mods out there right now anyway.so who cares.we should be thankful for the cars that are showing up right now.because the way it looks we might have more late models then mods.and the end of the year post might say.keeping late models dumping mods.and how can a track like waterford be getting like 18 to 20 mods on there saturday night shows. a track that should of been closed like 5 years ago.a track that did not pay there drivers for there last show from last year.they are still waiting to be paid.where did Riverhead go so wrong.and is there time to turn the sinking ship around.now thats the ?:wave:

modprincess8x
05-20-2009, 07:18 PM
We got penalized a lap, they let Eddie sit there until they completed a lap then threw the yellow and Eddie got a push from a wrecker. Everyone knows what happened with the 99 and 98 and anyone in that situation would have done the same thing.

The Bullfather
05-20-2009, 07:41 PM
Bill Park was also injured, not sure if he would have made it back on the track. Timmy explains what happened this on Bench Racing on my website. A rookie mistake, in the moment of being rushed from the pits to the track. I gave him time to explain his situation, we could all just sit here and bench race, but the driver himself has finally spoken on it!

The Bullfather
05-20-2009, 07:42 PM
Also did you watch the 9 cautions for the Figure 8 race???:lol:

KickItUp
05-20-2009, 07:58 PM
I happen to have seen the 98 crew yelling they were coming to officials when they closed the gate and went green anyway. He was moving and they should have waited. They waited for the 38 in the trucks, they waited on the 68 in the LM's..
My first guess was it was a rookie mistake on the 99's part, I never made any connections being I saw the 98 already moving, and when the caution came out, I thought that was what it was for, him moving in the pits..
What they need to do here, to start with, is make sure those guys up front know how to take a green flag, this isn't the first time this has happened with that guy up there.. This is the premier division for crying out loud..

Teds Race Tours
05-20-2009, 07:58 PM
Also did you watch the 9 cautions for the Figure 8 race???:lol:

I saw 2 cautions of the Fig 8's, got fed up, and went home to watch the All Star Race.

jeffrey
05-20-2009, 08:17 PM
what they need to do here, to start with, is make sure those guys up front know how to take a green flag, this isn't the first time this has happened with that guy up there.. This is the premier division for crying out loud..
who are you talken about.what guy?

RacinRob
05-20-2009, 08:20 PM
i think little eddie who has won a championship is more than capable of starting up front....:disgusted you get the award for foot in the mouth....guess you didnt see him win that feature last year? Open wheels.....sh*t happens.

The Bullfather
05-20-2009, 08:25 PM
Leave The Fighter Pilot alone, there's one been two accidents with him at the start of the race, one with Justin last year and this week. Whose is to say that he caused both accidents??? Racing Happens!

Richie25
05-20-2009, 10:02 PM
couldnt agree with you more mr.bader. sorry ted i think your fighting lonely in this one, i doubt anyone will side with ya.

The Bullfather
05-20-2009, 10:25 PM
The Justin/Eddie accident was not on the start, they had a great battle going until a caution, it happened on a restart.

Teds Race Tours
05-20-2009, 11:13 PM
couldnt agree with you more mr.bader. sorry ted i think your fighting lonely in this one, i doubt anyone will side with ya.

I don't think Don Howe ever parked his car on the track to bring out a caution. Its called respect. Respect for your equipment. Respect for Racing. Respect for the Paying fans. Its a shame that so many people think its ok to do it.

RacinRob
05-20-2009, 11:58 PM
Don Howe was amazing but that was the past....its a new era, move on. I didn't know a false caution was going to ruin your season. Maybe you can be an official and make some decisions I hear they are hiring.

Teds Race Tours
05-21-2009, 12:53 AM
Don Howe was amazing but that was the past....its a new era, move on. I didn't know a false caution was going to ruin your season. Maybe you can be an official and make some decisions I hear they are hiring.

Rob. Never said it was ruining my season. No real need to get sarcastic, we're just having a nice conversation here. If the "new era" ,as you call it, was better racing than the old, I'd hold my opinions, but its not. Those days, the races started at 7:30(heat, not features) and were done usually by 10:30. 3 hours, 3 divisions, 100 cars, no wasted time for cautions, etc. Now We sometimes gotta sit thru 6 plus hours to get the same 100 cars done for the night. Is that an improvement we should "move on" to?

RacinRob
05-21-2009, 01:01 AM
There can be no comparissons to the old era...the level of copmpetition was head and shoulder above what we see now. its a shame with the economy and a lot of negative feelings the car counts have diminished. But what can we do but hope for the best?

nflobster
05-21-2009, 06:54 AM
Its called respect. Respect for your equipment. Respect for Racing. Respect for the Paying fans. Its a shame that so many people think its ok to do it.[/QUOTE]

i think bill respected dave when they got together off turn 4 the first race and dave let bill correct his car instead of driving through him.

i was in the stands and couldn't see but as was said before i thought if you were moving in the pits they would hold up the race? when the caution did come out dave was at the pit gate so that means he was moving in the pits i think.

perhaps you wont be happy untill there is 5 mods on a saturday nite then you have a reason to say bus trip to where-ever.

correct me if im wrong but didn't dave give his car to roger to finish out the year. and you make him out to be the villan.

attituderacing
05-21-2009, 07:06 AM
The bottom line is everyone has done it at some point, EVEN YOUR favorite DRIVERS!!!!!:mad:

modified_fan
05-21-2009, 08:05 AM
Ted has a very valid argument for a quality of racing he wishes we had. I too moaned when, yet another caution came out.

I yearn for exciting and action filled races.

I am not certain we'll ever even see the quality of talent and racing we had just a few short years back.

You all have some interesting viewpoints. I'm glad Ted was able to express his opinion. Normally I would have sided with him sentiment in a heartbeat.

But.....pragmatically.....I am not certain if i'm an idealist (yearning for some strict officiating), or a realist (letting this 'lil stuff' go so no one gets bent out of shape). However......I don't see how ANYONE can slam Ted for his viewpoint.

hollywoodmic
05-21-2009, 10:30 AM
Brian you're totally out of line here. He wasn't ranting he wrote his opinion once and then had to answer to his critics. I wonder how you guys would act if you were the point leaders Billy Park has a problem is stuck in the pits but Dennis from Oval is in his back up car and he brings out the caution and Billy Park gets back out. He needs to finish 10th to clinch, no caution he finishes 14th. YOU WIN THE CHAMPIONSHIP...........Oh wait no you don't because Dennis brought out the caution. BILLY PARK IS THE CHAMPION I think that was one of the points Ted was trying to make. This "go drive your bus" and all this bull*hit you guys are saying is ridiculous. WE CAN HAVE OPINIONS ON A MESSAGE FORUMS. Not everyone has to agree with them.

Brian I know you work hard on everything you do, you have beautiful racecars and you work with a great group of people. In Ted's opinion the caution seemed like a coincidence, that the one car that needed one had his car stop on the racetrack and miraculously got the caution he needed. Now not knowing what really happened if Timmy had a real problem or if he was ordered to park the car. What should a person get from this? All this post started as was it was a coincidence. You Brian, Rob Bader, and nflobster that told Ted to "go drive his bus"...........you guys made it personal. The thing is you don't know Ted, if Don Howe had done it for JR you would've seen the same post from Ted. That's where you guys have it wrong. No fan wants to see the deliberate caution (not saying it was)

I respect all of your opinions and what you've done in you careers. I can say all of this because I've done it as Charger car owner, an announcer at Riverhead for 9 years, 2 Modified Championships, Modified Tour seasons and even some Truck racing. So I know what it takes as far as time and effort. I just think you guys should ease up on the Ted bashing. He truly is one of the biggest race fans I've ever met. He is also a real good guy.

Steve Halpin

RacinRob
05-21-2009, 10:44 AM
I did not bash ted, nor do I recall telling him to go drive his bus...he has valid points and his opinion should be taken as all of ours are, but as you stated this is a message forum and we can agree or disagree with peoples opinions. I'm sure ted is a great guy, however not everyone has to agree with him. I hope this doesn't leave a sour taste in his mouth bc without fans like ted, the fans who actually care, us race car drivers would have no purpose.

catfish
05-21-2009, 10:54 AM
The point is everyone IS allowed to there opinion, (an opinion is not necessarily fact) but nobody has the right to make it a personal attack on someone for thier opinion, and that's whats happened.

hollywoodmic
05-21-2009, 10:57 AM
Sorry Rob you didn't tell him to "drive his bus", you said it was petty and that one call ruined his season and I think you said, he should be an official because your hear they are hiring. However the last sentence in your post may be one of the best ones I've seen on here. That was the point I was trying to make. This guy has lived and died with LI racing since the ISLIP and Freeport days. As I stated in my post I respect your opinion as well, I wish you the best of luck along the way.

Ka$h25
05-21-2009, 11:37 AM
I've stayed pretty quiet on the issue and I'll continue to do so with exception of one point. For any of you that are drivers, or were drivers, or hell - had an imagination of someday being a driver. Imagine the opportunity of just getting on the racetrack in Riverheads premiere division. Personally, I'm going to do anything I'm asked to do short of putting myself or someone else in danger. So if you have questions, or criticism it shouldn't be directed at Timmy.

And as a side note, I saw Timmy stall that car a couple times besides on the track. Heck, I even saw his girlfriend have to give him some pointers. :applause::lol:

W. J.
05-21-2009, 11:59 AM
I think 'intentional' cautions should be dealt with using a penalty of one lap in scoring.

That is a call for the track officials to make, and I think they've done a great job of it since they instituted the rule a few years ago.

In this case, it is a moot point, since the race hadn't actually started, and most importantly, the officials didn't make a call that it was intentional.

4 pages (maybe more) for one great race fan expressing an opinion! WOW, must be a Jam record!!!

Teds Race Tours
05-21-2009, 12:32 PM
Its called respect. Respect for your equipment. Respect for Racing. Respect for the Paying fans. Its a shame that so many people think its ok to do it.

i think bill respected dave when they got together off turn 4 the first race and dave let bill correct his car instead of driving through him.

i was in the stands and couldn't see but as was said before i thought if you were moving in the pits they would hold up the race? when the caution did come out dave was at the pit gate so that means he was moving in the pits i think.

perhaps you wont be happy untill there is 5 mods on a saturday nite then you have a reason to say bus trip to where-ever.

correct me if im wrong but didn't dave give his car to roger to finish out the year. and you make him out to be the villan.[/QUOTE]

The bottom line is everyone has done it at some point, EVEN YOUR favorite DRIVERS!!!!!:mad:

Where did I call him a villain? I said the move was worthy of a penalty. The amazing thing about written words is that people will get their own meaning out of something that just isn't there. For the (hopefully) final time, I am not calling for a firing squad. I don't wish harm to these, or any drivers. If you read one of my first posts on here, I LIKE Timmy, and I have no problem with Dave. I think Timmy and Justin are the 2 exciting young drivers I like to watch at Riverhead. As my buddy Stephen Halpin said, I would have said the same thing if it was Don Howe, Junior Ambrose, Joe Krukowski, Greg Sacks, Tom McCann, Mike Ewanitsko, Donny Lia, Robin Vollmoeller, Bruce Edwards, Buzzie, or any of the other drivers, including Jerry Solomito in the Mini-Mods at Islip, that I have rooted for for the last 38 years.

The moving in the pits thing is an entire different thing. If he was moving, he should have been let out.

I am the most miserable guy there now with only 14 mods, so to say I won't be happy til there are 5 mods is the most inacurate statement ever typed on the Jam.

Now, I am going to end my post with a happy face. :) just because.

KickItUp
05-21-2009, 01:43 PM
This whole mess started with an 'accusation'. No one asked the rookie in the 99 what happened first, no one asked the 98 what happened first. The kid in the 99 is awesome, in anything he runs. I can't see him, no matter what is at stake, to give himself a bad reputation by intentionally bringing out a caution. That never would have crossed my mind. He doesn't seem like that is his ultimate goal.
I saw the 98 moving in the pits when the green was waved, and his crew told officials he was moving. He has a long way to go to get back to the ramp, but officials threw the green anyway.
How can officials penalize either car for the caution when they have no way of knowing what happened? How unair to either driver, 2 different drivers, same team, if this becomes an issue, you will not see drivers bringing out their other cars, for fear of a penalty if the other driver has a problem, thus, a smaller field.

The Bullfather
05-21-2009, 03:36 PM
I asked the 99 what happened and he addressed it on the Bench Racing video.

FERGBIZZ
05-21-2009, 03:54 PM
I don't understand why Ted is being attacked for stating his freaking opinion....this is a joke...isn't this board meant for peoples opinions. I'm with you Ted.

mbgolfer
05-21-2009, 05:15 PM
To Pitstoppitbull. When I go to watch the Mod. Highlights videos, they start, then after a little while, they stop and going into buffering again. Is this problem on my end or your end. Thanks :help:

The Bullfather
05-21-2009, 05:32 PM
Let it buffer through, I just played it and once it buffered it worked for me full video.

The Bullfather
05-21-2009, 09:57 PM
large yes, makes the quality good, that is why I have cut down the mins. and broke up the segments for the viewers.

afohlin
05-26-2009, 02:36 AM
i think they should park timmy for a few weeks to think about what happened

BOWATCHER
05-26-2009, 05:14 AM
I would put his brother Shawn in that seat w/ his personal spotter!!!:applause:

The Bullfather
05-26-2009, 03:21 PM
your kidding right?????? park Timmy for a simple mistake??? give it up that was last week, he rode this week with no caution flags thrown because of him.

Ka$h25
05-26-2009, 06:56 PM
i think they should park timmy for a few weeks to think about what happened

Comedians. :lol:

racedad34
05-28-2009, 09:36 PM
I think timmy should get a trophy. I have seen this many times by other teams it is nothing new. If you can get away with it why not do it.

Jaws
05-29-2009, 01:18 PM
Wow,

I just read this whole post and I am dizzy. Ted's point a valid one is that one car probably stopped to help a teammate, I get that.

Has it been done before, I am sure.

Can you stop it , probably not.

Should any action be taken, probably not.

Do we need all the cars we can get, absolutely.

And the one point of Ted being a supporter of the mods, there is probably no one bigger.

FERGBIZZ
05-29-2009, 03:03 PM
I don't get the how this issue goes along with the car count issue....if anything it's crap like this that will hurt the car counts. The lower budget teams don't have back-up cars, I would imagine things like this would only add to their list of discrepancies with the officiating, and eventually could lead to them leaving riverhead for good.

catfish
05-29-2009, 03:10 PM
Its like any other game or sport - everyone wants a level playing field and your right Ferg its only a matter of time before the haves(whether it be the tire rule or backup cars to help)take over and the have nots leave the sandbox and don't come back. Now this does not mean that this is what Timmy did, but just my OVERALL thoughts, in fact i truly believe Timmy did not do it intentionally but in the future "no one never knows do one".

attituderacing
05-29-2009, 03:31 PM
WHY is this still an issue??? There were no comments after last weeks feature and there were quite a few cautions that could of been avoided if the people didn't sit there... hummmm.