PDA

View Full Version : Tires?

Turn2Guru
05-18-2009, 12:03 PM
I am very suprised this topic hasn't come up already but maybe someone can help keep it that way. Tire Rules, is it possible to post what the "actual" tire rules are for the Modified and Late Model divisions as several different versions seemed to be in play Saturday night. I think it would be great if everyone in these divisions knew exactly what the tire rules were so each team would then have the same options. I know the Officials would never turn a blinds eye to a blatent infration of a rule they worked so hard over the winter to come up with that was going to better both divisions and help to make it more affordable for everyone and bring more cars back to these starving divisions. So if anyone can please post the "actual" tire rules for these two divisions hopefully we can prevent any false accusations from being spread throughout the pits and all get back to the good clean and fair racing we all have become acustomed to. Thank You in advance.

W. J.
05-18-2009, 05:05 PM
I couldn't agree more. I'm looking for the printed version of the new rules to understand them better.
I was told there were changes made, as per the driver's request, after the January rules meetings, but the Riverhead website has no SPECIFIC tire rules printed there.

KickItUp
05-20-2009, 07:59 PM
I have some friends in a few different divisions who are told different rules regarding tires each week so far. I don't think there are any written ones, it's whatever it is that week I guess.

racekitten
05-21-2009, 12:16 PM
There are written tire rules. They were handed to drivers along with all the other rules as the drivers pulled in week 1 as they are every year. If you need a copy ask as you pull in the pits I will be happy to give them to you.

W. J.
05-21-2009, 12:27 PM
There are written tire rules. They were handed to drivers along with all the other rules as the drivers pulled in week 1 as they are every year. If you need a copy ask as you pull in the pits I will be happy to give them to you.See you Saturday, please have a copy ready. I would love to clear this up in my mind by actually reading the rules. Thanks!!!

KickItUp
05-21-2009, 01:36 PM
I had a copy of that sheet, and the BB division was missing. I know in that class, the winter meeting rule was a 2 tire rule, must buy the 2 at the track and they must be raced that night. But drivers are buying more than 2, and not at the track, and the word from a chief steward was that they got rid of that rule. No formal announcement was made, so, does that rule still apply? Or no, even though it is not written?
This is just a confusing year all around in my opinion. Seems that one CS tells drivers one thing, then the other one overrules him at the end of the night. This is not good for the drivers.

RacinRob
05-21-2009, 02:53 PM
There is no tire rule for the BB...itd be foolish to have one considering that only 4 or 5 guys actually buy tires often enough.