PDA

View Full Version : Race #3 coming up.

Jaws
05-18-2009, 10:25 PM
This Friday is a 100 lap modified race at Stafford.

I will be there with my kids who love going to Stafford with dad to see the races, the cars, the drivers, our racing friends and just have a great night out. My son who goes to school in Utica NY made me promise to pick him up and go t Stafford so he did not miss our annual Memorial Day race. ( Hey Uitca Mike need a ride?)

When Islip speedway was on its last legs and they didn't get as many cars and fans I kind of stopped going to the track and wished for someone else to run the place and make it better (Sound familiar).

Well I showed them, they closed and I never got to see that little bull ring ever again. You know what I still kick myself in the pants that I didn't go to more races in the last years of the track.

Most if not all of us have no power over what will happen to the tour, we can speculate, wish for changes, more races, more money, shorter races , longer races blah blah blah. ( I do my share at times too)

I love modified, like many of us here I consider them "OUR" modifieds and if I could get to a race a week (Without getting a divorce) I would be somewhere every week.

Go, don't go I don't care but if for some messed up reason Nascar says enough with this crap we are focusing on the big 3 and all the regional series are gone, do not ***** you miss them.

Think about how much you miss Riverside Park,Westboro, Danbury, Islip, Freeport, Trenton, East Windsor and other tracks plus things like the All Star tour.

The world is changing and the auto industry with its support for racing is changing and not in a good way.

Support the tour now and go see a race.

See you all there, lets have some fun, see a good race on Memorial day weekend and have a safe trip.

Oh and thanks to Whelen for their support of the tour, they continue to invest in the tour when I am sure business is not what it was.

RGeeProductions
05-18-2009, 11:15 PM
Jaws 01: v1-17
AMENhttp://www.rgeepro.com/graphics/thumbs_up%20FULL.gif

uticamike
05-19-2009, 12:23 AM
Thanks Jaws for the invite. Unfortunately I'll be working Friday and can't get away. Sat too so no Swego' either. I'm hoping to make Lanny for Sunday but
Thunder Road would be cool also. I wish I could do the LIMM thing, 3 tours/3nights. We'll hook up for a race soon I hope.

Jaws
05-19-2009, 12:45 AM
Thanks Jaws for the invite. Unfortunately I'll be working Friday and can't get away. Sat too so no Swego' either. I'm hoping to make Lanny for Sunday but
Thunder Road would be cool also. I wish I could do the LIMM thing, 3 tours/3nights. We'll hook up for a race soon I hope.

Someday soon we will meet, ever go to Williams Grove or Lincoln? We hit those tracks end of June.

I only did that once, Mansfield 2 years ago. 4 tracks in 2 days. 3 in the same day. Mid Ohio/Mansfield/ Attica same day. That was cool!