PDA

View Full Version : Hot laps

mcstockcar
05-19-2009, 10:47 PM
Is there any chance that we can get some hot laps in to see how are cars are running/handling before we race. Some of us had some major straghtening out to do and wonder if my car will handle right. I saw N.E.S last year sent cars out for hot laps. This worked out well to do any changes in the car before being thrown into the feature. Once your out there, and something isnt right you have to go laps down because of a problem that cannot be corrected by just driving around slowly. It dont have to be many laps, but Im not sure how many N.E.S. has. thanks:)

spier racing 93
05-19-2009, 11:03 PM
Is there any chance that we can get some hot laps in to see how are cars are running/handling before we race. Some of us had some major straghtening out to do and wonder if my car will handle right. I saw N.E.S last year sent cars out for hot laps. This worked out well to do any changes in the car before being thrown into the feature. Once your out there, and something isnt right you have to go laps down because of a problem that cannot be corrected by just driving around slowly. It dont have to be many laps, but Im not sure how many N.E.S. has. thanks:)

my guess would be no, its an enduro, not a weekly class

Erin C
05-20-2009, 08:00 AM
That would be correct...Enduros are not allowed hot laps, practice laps, or whatever else you can name it. It is an endurance race and you should be prepared for anything...like spark plugs (had to use you as an example Ryan :help:). This tests not only your driving skills and memory, but also your mechanical skills.

CJfilms
05-20-2009, 11:34 AM
THERE WILL BE HOT LAPS FOR ALL CARS!!!!

:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad: :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad: :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

EACH DIVISION WILL RECEIVE 100 HOT LAPS THIS SUNDAY BEFORE THE NEXT EVENT ON JUNE 21ST!!!!

......I know....why do you guys put up with me? ;) Erin especially! :angel: Love you!

Sorry, no hot laps for enduros!

critter
05-20-2009, 06:57 PM
just run laps around the shop like i do lol , joe you will be in the dog house soon lol

mcstockcar
05-20-2009, 09:20 PM
Dam, I opened up a can of worms with that one.:(

spier racing 93
05-20-2009, 10:15 PM
i was runnin laps behind the shop today and the car seems reallllllll fast, even though it looks realllly rough!:drool:

CJfilms
05-20-2009, 10:19 PM
Bring it by my house....my back yard is overrun with clovers and violets....I could use some 8 Cylinder lawn care!

mcstockcar
05-20-2009, 10:31 PM
I guess ill get out the road grader and fix our old 1/4 mile dirt track back at my friends house. Raced and wrecked a lot of cars there over the years!

spier racing 93
05-20-2009, 10:34 PM
Bring it by my house....my back yard is overrun with clovers and violets....I could use some 8 Cylinder lawn care!

its only a 4cyl, but is wicked fast...hope it passes tech because of the way i fixed some damage:lol:

DerbyN8-128
05-20-2009, 10:49 PM
My car is so slow I could test run it inside of a 2 bay garage :applause::lol:

I'll be one of the only guys hoping to start at the back of the pack so I don't have to get run over on the start of the race like last time.

Actually we tuned the car up a little and fixed some small problems, hoping those problems were why it was so sluggish before.

CJfilms
05-21-2009, 11:36 AM
In time Nate...in time you will understand that in an enduro it is not the fastest cars that win races!

DerbyN8-128
05-21-2009, 09:50 PM
Oh I know, but if you are the slowest, you better as heck make it more than 30 some laps :lol:

Honestly, my goal is consistency out there, even if it is consistently slower then everyone else. I won't be banging fenders or trying to run someone against the wall in the turns, I'll be racing my own race out there so everyone else just leave me alone :cool:

The first race didn't go as planned but we knocked out some of our problems and hopefully we will have a good day Sunday.

BIGDADDY64
05-21-2009, 10:22 PM
im with you nate
i just go and try to run my own race
i dont race anyone too hard and if someone was faster i let them have the spot
hopefully i can do that again and i hope the rim stays on this time

critter
05-21-2009, 11:07 PM
bigdaddy your car will look good with a black stripe down the side lol just kiddin im with u guys i just wanna make it more then 43 laps this time