PDA

View Full Version : Restart Debate Heats Up The Whelen Modified Tour Driver's Meeting At Stafford

ShawnCourchesne
05-22-2009, 03:51 PM
Warming Up: Restart Debate Heats Up The Whelen Modified Tour Driver's Meeting At Stafford ( http://blogs.courant.com/autoracing/2009/05/warming-up-restart-debate-heat.html)

Video View: Feisty Driver's Meeting Before Whelen Modified Tour Event At Stafford Motor Speedway ( http://blogs.courant.com/autoracing/2009/05/video-view-feisty-drivers-meet.html)

Goldy
05-22-2009, 04:55 PM
Oh my - why.. the NERVE of a driver, make that 2 drivers (with about 60 years combined experience) trying to make a point and seek clarification in a drivers meeting? - only to be dismissed.. now that's respect, Nice..

Yes Mr. Nascar(s), that's a fine time to talk about it - AFTER the race..

Geeez Louise...

TJ1976
05-22-2009, 05:59 PM
For anyone who wants to see a slap in the face ...there ya go. What is the point of the drivers meeting if the Series Director and race director can't even answer simple questions.

All Chad had to say was Mike, Ed..the answer to you question is....

Not ..We'll talk about this in private later

Chad go back to the cupcake series where you belong. Rick, go somewhere. Anywhere thats not a race track

If im reading this correctly - Someone help me out if they can

Page 23 NASCAR Rule Book , par 9-9 line B states:

Restart procedures will be made known at the Pre-Race drivers meeting. Unless otherwise notified, the restart procedures will be as follows:

Ovals- When the starter gives the one to go signal, cars will line up in columns of two for ALL restarts. The race leader must start on the inside lane, all other lead lap cars must line up in their respective track position. Lapped cars must line up in their respective track position in their respective track position , behind the last car on the lead lap

Im just a volunteer at the races , but I think the correct answer would simply be, the leader sets the pace to the the green flag.

MJProcko
05-22-2009, 06:17 PM
just out of curiosity did they say if it's green flag only or cautions count?

TJ1976
05-22-2009, 07:14 PM
I stand corrected

Brian (vance), go somewhere. Anywhere thats not a race track

modfan4ever
05-22-2009, 08:03 PM
Sounds like the 2 guys that think they can run a mod series....CAN'T .... they should go back to the south and let the REAL mod drivers and owners run the series.....

LAP66
05-22-2009, 08:19 PM
Yes modfan, 100% agreed.

Goldy
05-23-2009, 09:23 AM
... and I'll just add, that while I agree the drivers meeting is not the place to re-write the rules - it is certainly the place to talk about them - and asking officials to provide some rationale behind the rule, well that should be addressed, without hesitation..

Jaws
05-23-2009, 01:28 PM
Say goodbye to the ability to Video drivers meetings.

BigMac
05-23-2009, 04:40 PM
The best part is the Big 3 may be going to double file restarts in the near future Nascar radio quoted Mike Darby as saying Nascar wants to go double file just like the WMT and Nascar East/West. That may be why you can't get an answer. Can't wait until they tell Dale Jr. to give a spot back at Dega. Its hard not to feel Stefanik's pain here.

oleblue
05-24-2009, 12:31 PM
total non respect from nascar once again and once again what is chad little doing running our series, before his appointment he problay did not know what a mod is. total crap