PDA

View Full Version : Jimmy Blewett Takes TSI Harley Davidson 100

RGeeProductions
05-22-2009, 10:39 PM
Congrats to Jimmy Blewett for winning tonights tour race.

Jaws
05-22-2009, 11:58 PM
No one could touch him. TC ran third a long time til he passed Szegedy on the last lap for second. Steffy ran strong all night for a 4 and the Reg passed a lot of cars for I believe 5th place.

Lap one wreck ruined the nights of about 5 cars, Ryan Preese and Donnie Lia came together after Ryan wiggled in 2 and started along night for both.

Not the best race, not the worst either, not the biggest Memorial Day crowd either, hope its not an SK show next year.

Bob T. Racer
05-23-2009, 01:03 AM
Probably the worst race i've seen in a long time! Thank goodness T.C. made a pass on Todd after the last restart, so at least we got to see one pass inside the top ten in the last eighty laps, other than restarts. I'm sorry I came up from Florida to support this joke of a race. I can't believe i'm saying this, but at least the S.K. and S.K. lights put on a decent show. Stay tuned, so we can see how Arute and NASCAR can screw up the next race at Stafford. Nobody should ever bash True Value races after tonights disaster.

KyleMac45
05-24-2009, 09:56 AM
Congrats To "$HOWTIME"

Kyle

RGeeProductions
05-24-2009, 10:09 AM
Probably the worst race i've seen in a long time! Thank goodness T.C. made a pass on Todd after the last restart, so at least we got to see one pass inside the top ten in the last eighty laps, other than restarts. I'm sorry I came up from Florida to support this joke of a race. I can't believe i'm saying this, but at least the S.K. and S.K. lights put on a decent show. Stay tuned, so we can see how Arute and NASCAR can screw up the next race at Stafford. Nobody should ever bash True Value races after tonights disaster.

Woody 22nd to 8th
Reggie 18th to 5th
Steffy 12th to 4th
Szegedy 11th to 3rd
They all made these moves in the first 20 laps or that's a lot of passing on restarts????
First off, not EVERY race in any of the modified tours is a perfect race by the fans view.
Second, seems there has been WMT bashing, not TVMRS bashing as you state...

Jaws
05-24-2009, 10:53 AM
Woody 22nd to 8th
Reggie 18th to 5th
Steffy 12th to 4th
Szegedy 11th to 3rd
They all made these moves in the first 20 laps or that's a lot of passing on restarts????
First off, not EVERY race in any of the modified tours is a perfect race by the fans view.

I didn't check who passed how many cars but I did see some passing especially the Reg. It was a not the most passing I ever saw in a race but not every race is perfect. I saw the 3 wiggle big time about 3 times, once he chased it up the track coming out of 2 and almost clocked the wall. Oh and he did come from the back to I think 9th or 10th.

Maybe part of the problem was a slick track, the 79 put a lot of water from the overflow around the track at one point and there was the smell of rear end grease several times through out the race which usually means someone is dropping something on the track. TC passed Szegedy on the last lap but his comment was he got real loose at the end.

The worst race, I don't know about that you must go to a bunch of great races down there in Fla.

Me and the kids enjoyed the entire evening at the track including the autograph session and the race. THere were few cautions and they were cleaned up quickly. Calling for a complete restart on the lap one incident was a great call saving amny caution laps.

I guess you can't please all the people all the time.

BigMac
05-24-2009, 12:20 PM
I think the racing has been much much better in 2009. We haven't seen any of the 14 caution flag affairs that had become the norm in recent years. The weather has been outstanding thus far too. Every race can't be a classic. I pay to see green flag racing. So far, there has been plenty of it. If anything, I think Nascar has been too quick to throw the yellow on some of the single car spins. I guess we turn our attention to NHMS. Should be a good one.

limodmaniac
05-25-2009, 12:54 PM
First race of the weekend.

1. Not a Blewett fan, but have never seen him run as good as he did here. Good job, Jimmy.

2. Loved seeing the Reg get a top five finish.

3. Had the bbq chicken sandwich with onions, peppers. and cheese for the first time. Won't be the last.

Bob T. Racer
05-25-2009, 01:49 PM
Woody 22nd to 8th
Reggie 18th to 5th
Steffy 12th to 4th
Szegedy 11th to 3rd

RGee- First off,I don't mean to start anything. Most or all those passes were on the start and restarts early on in the race. After that everybody had the car they were given for the rest of the race. The one tire rule was a joke as no one in the top ten are going to stop to get one. Only the cars at the back or really having problems were going to put it on. Next off, I don't like the bashing that any modified races get, but I have seen some comments about how the TVRS has no passing with a guy like K.A. starting on the pole and leading all the way. I'm hoping when I fly to Loudon to watch the Tour, it'll be a good race, which I'm pretty sure it will be!

Bob T. Racer
05-25-2009, 02:02 PM
I didn't check who passed how many cars but I did see some passing especially the Reg. It was a not the most passing I ever saw in a race but not every race is perfect. I saw the 3 wiggle big time about 3 times, once he chased it up the track coming out of 2 and almost clocked the wall. Oh and he did come from the back to I think 9th or 10th.

Maybe part of the problem was a slick track, the 79 put a lot of water from the overflow around the track at one point and there was the smell of rear end grease several times through out the race which usually means someone is dropping something on the track. TC passed Szegedy on the last lap but his comment was he got real loose at the end.

The worst race, I don't know about that you must go to a bunch of great races down there in Fla.

Me and the kids enjoyed the entire evening at the track including the autograph session and the race. THere were few cautions and they were cleaned up quickly. Calling for a complete restart on the lap one incident was a great call saving amny caution laps.

I guess you can't please all the people all the time.

I don't go to any races here in Fla., only the mods at Smyrna and Volusia in Feb.! That's why I fly north to watch races. Last weekend it was Thompson -Thursday, Stafford - Friday, Waterford- Saturday.

MJProcko
05-25-2009, 02:26 PM
Readng through the weekends action one thing rang clear. 3 short races designed not to have pitting with the fast cars starting up front and we are suprised that there were only 2 passes for the lead combined, one because of a flat and one because the car went away. Even fomula one has more passes for the lead than that. These are touring series folks, not weekly racing. Time to stop the cookie cutter racing. Atleast there was a first time winner somewhere., Congrats Steve Masse! Ironically thanks to the amount of cautions the TVMS race was the legnth that the WMT race should have been.