PDA

View Full Version : State of the sport

M T Pockets
05-24-2009, 06:33 PM
Iv'e been saying it for years, Why can't the owners and drivers sit down with NASCAR and discuss the issues? Well someone finally heard me. Problem is I didn't get my invite to Tuesday's Meeting! Now we can't ask Chad to hold the meeting because he is responsible for the competition portion of the Whelen Modified Tour. Perhaps I should address Mike Helton directly? If it's good enough for the goose it should be good enough for the gander. Problem number 2 is that if the meeting is called to order there might only be five or six people there because the majority of the car owners and drivers are capons. When I suggested to a few of them to stay back after the drivers meeting they all slithered away. So please don't call me I'm waiting for the SPRINT phone to ring.:D

RGeeProductions
05-24-2009, 06:48 PM
Nice to hear that you are trying to take a step at some solutions. I mentioned a meeting in another thread here to get things right and wondered myself if such problems exist, why hasn't anyone approached the big bear yet?

TJ1976
05-27-2009, 05:53 PM
Anyone hear what the outcome of Tuesdays meeting was?

Howie
05-27-2009, 06:00 PM
Anyone hear what the outcome of Tuesdays meeting was?

http://www.nascar.com/2009/news/headlines/cup/05/26/nascar.meeting.drivers.owners/index.html

mod4r6fan
05-27-2009, 09:38 PM
A Thought would Jimmie Spencer be a good spokesman for the Whelan
Modifieds ?

uticamike
05-27-2009, 09:42 PM
Well thats' good that NASCAR purports to have an interest in what the teams
want and need in the big 3, thats where the money is, but what about the "lowly" Modifieds. I think most on this board are interested in the future of the Tour. A meeting of the minds is certainly needed here.

MOD JUNKIE
06-01-2009, 07:50 PM
A Thought would Jimmie Spencer be a good spokesman for the Whelan
Modifieds ?

not a good thought........sorry, but true.