PDA

View Full Version : mud ???

critter
05-24-2009, 08:56 PM
i guess ill be the one to start this , who makes the call for waterin the track neets or grandview ? just wondering , that was a little crazy of a big car start , didnt mean to cause a big stink on this topic, even thought i only made it 8 laps due to over heating and tires i had a good time , maybe next time we can have the dust back lol

CJfilms
05-24-2009, 09:04 PM
just getting home ...ahead of the hurricane, so I will not take ot long to sum this up.

We make the call when to wet/stop wetting the track...the 4 Cylinder race went PERFECTLY!!!! We have it worked out to exactly where we want it to be.... The time between races and during the line-ups this time went a little hectic....and the word little is stretching it. The temp dropped and the wetness wasn't going anywhere... Kenny Rogers stopped putting water down after only ONE pass per groove when he realized the water was not drying up... We had this happen once before at the GranDuro race in July.......the track was dry all day and they couldn't keep it moist with two trucks dumping water all day....when the temp dropped, the water just held where it was...

Not minding you starting this thread at all Critter....I was most likely going to bring it up myself in the next day or so....I will elaborate more once the storm passes and I get some things taken care of around the house tonight.......

Thanks to EVERYONE for coming out today!

critter
05-24-2009, 09:07 PM
thx joe ,u and your crew do a great job , was just wondering about the water and u cleared it up for me :wave:

EnduroFromDE
05-24-2009, 09:31 PM
that was pretty fun until turn one lap one, then turn one lap two...it took me three laps to make it around with spinning...but then about 10-12 laps in the track was allbut perfect...until lap 38ish when some of the top 10 was eliminated after stalling during the red(me being one of them):mad: but still had a blast and will be there again in a month...:applause:

mcstockcar
05-24-2009, 09:39 PM
I had a blast today! Though only completeing 84 laps, My car is in ONE piece. I had electrical issues. I had to laugh at the little pile up trying to get our cars to there prespective spots on turn 3+4, Everybody sliding around and no one being able to move in the mud slick. It looked like the 3 stooges, Laurel and Hardy all tangled up spinning in the mud, (knuck, knuck, knuck!) I dont know what stooge I was.:lol:

DerbyN8-128
05-25-2009, 09:44 AM
I'll tell you what, sitting over in the pit are stands during the big car race, racing really brings out the best in some people :rolleyes::rolleyes::disgusted:disgusted:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Between a few guys complaining about the mud, some whining about the 11 car crashing and saying it was JOE'S fault for it happening, and the moron who was yelling that Shon Elk's car should be towed forward so that no other cars hit "the beautiful race car" sitting in the infield, I was completely disgusted.

Luckily some of these guys ended up going back to the pits and I was able to watch the rest of the race without much annoyances. Just amazes me how pissed off these guys got over the stupidest stuff.

Although maybe I'm the one that's wrong. I should probably get mad and yell too rather than be extremely happy with my finish, then enjoy every minute of watching the second race. :disgusted

Btw...I had a blast :applause::applause::applause:

critter
05-25-2009, 04:51 PM
hey nate how u like my burnout off the wall ? u where up close for that lol

DerbyN8-128
05-25-2009, 07:58 PM
hey nate how u like my burnout off the wall ? u where up close for that lol

Oh I have pictures of the smoke cloud you made. Still on my camera though. :lol:

CJfilms
05-25-2009, 08:50 PM
Well, anyone that remembers back in July of 2008, the GranDuro, we had the same problem with the Small Cars....

The temp was around 90 degrees and the track did nothing more than soak up the water all day long....they had two truck out on the track all afternoon and they still could not keep it even moist. The problem was when the temperature suddenly dropped and the humidity yielded for a while, the track then just held the water as it did yesterday before the Big Car race. We had a harder time with the Small Cars since they are lighter than the V8s......

At least this time, we were able to get the cars moving....keeping them straight was another story....congrats to #6X of Justen Steigerwalt for completing the most circuits before the green flag dropped!!! Sorry Justen!!! We ran into him and his crew at the diner after the race and they were all busting on him!!!:wave:

dirtmodfan
05-25-2009, 10:46 PM
Nate,

I feel what you are saying about the people yelling. My dad told me that someone yelled that "the car looks great but doesn't run for s***." My dad yelled to me in the infield to push the car further into the infield so it did not get hit by a spinning car (which almost happened).

I was really disappointed that I only made 3 laps of racing. I was almost sick sitting in the infield. I will be back in a couple of weeks for Big D once we figure out what the trans problem is. I had no gears at all.

Good luck to everyone and hope to have a longer tenure next time. :cheers:

DerbyN8-128
05-26-2009, 04:39 PM
Shon, hopefully you didn't take any offense to me saying that about your car, I know how frustrating it is to have your car in a vulnerable spot and unable to move. I was disgusted by the few people yelling about it though, and heard some saying you deserved to be broken down and sitting there. I actually thought for a little while a fight would break out between the people who wanted you and Eideman (11) broken down and the people who wanted the race to stop because the two of you were broken down in the infield.

But, that's people for you. :rolleyes:

And to the guy sitting in the pit area stands during the big car race that was complaining about Joe, the series, the mud, and the track, then stated "I am going to sit in the truck until this B.S. is over", we were all pretty happy once you left, maybe next time stay the heck home. :lol: