PDA

View Full Version : thunder road

limodmaniac
05-25-2009, 01:01 PM
3rd race of the weekend

1. For me, the best race of the weekend. Love the short tracks.

2. Chris Pasteryak dominated again, but did not get the victory.

3. What a nice job by Masse, great to see a first time winner. Won't be his last!

4 If you haven't been to Thunder Road, it's worth the trip.

5 With all those fans there, you'd think more modified drivers would want to showcase their cars and sponsors - more than the 25 that showed up.

bud
05-25-2009, 05:34 PM
Awesome race! $20 to get in and a guy gave us a buy one get one free pass so it was $20 for my girlfriend and I to get in.
ACT, TVMS and all the local racers for $20 for the both of us!
How can they do that and make money??? Maybe thats not the bottom line at this track hint hint!!!!!!!

Sicklajoie
05-25-2009, 08:07 PM
I took my wife there. I'd never been there before.
Absolutely worth the trip. What a great atmosphere.
Super crowd, great food, great prices, great racing, just a great facility. Two very distinct grooves of racing so there wasn't a lot of bottom feeders. The support divisions put on a good show.
I actually thought the ACT race was better than the mod race. (Sorry)
Next time we're definitely bringing lawn chairs. My back was a hurting unit when I got home. And I could not believe the amount of bugs stuck to the front of our car when we got home. I mean it was SOLID bugs...
Definitely a great trip.

JED
05-25-2009, 08:41 PM
Truly a first class facility and operation. My kudos to the track staff for getting the track ready to race on. We had morning rain, it was still raining when I arrived. All AM practice was delayed. Once dry the practice rounds began and the 1:30 start was only put back till 2:00. And then a well run efficient program was run.
The crowd....I thought the morning rain may hurt it....boy I was wrong!!

Mod race not the best I have seen the TVMRS put on but the racing between Pasteryak,McKennedy,Pennink and Masse was very intense. When late in the race Dwight Jarvis and Alexander started coming forward it just got better.