PDA

View Full Version : just to clairify...

spier racing 93
05-25-2009, 06:09 PM
i was told in tech that i would need atleast a rollbar for the next race and that the bar behind the seat would not be enough. are the rules being changed? if so, that should be updated on the rules page...

critter
05-25-2009, 06:14 PM
i was told the same thing ,im doin it ,sounds like a good idea to me , also addin one behind my fuel cell (thanks josh )

spier racing 93
05-25-2009, 06:16 PM
yeah i plan on it too, but im just trying to look out for joe, because it is in the rules, that that is the minimum acceptable protection, so it better get changed

EnduroFromDE
05-25-2009, 06:35 PM
only reason who would need a roll cage is if you took the dash out...also if your planning on running at Wall next weekend... a full 4-point roll cage is required by Wall/NJPD to race at any NJ race track...(Wall/NES/Bridgeport/Raceway Park) but by the pics of your car it looks as if your dash is still installed, maybe Joe or Josh can clear this up for you in the next few days...;)

DerbyN8-128
05-25-2009, 08:02 PM
The rules do mention that if your dash is removed a roll cage must be installed and have at least 4 points and a door bar.

Either way, it's something worth having in your car.

CJfilms
05-25-2009, 09:02 PM
Roll cage, 4- 6- 100- point cage is always recommended!

The rules are correct the way they are....added protection of a hoop extending above the driver to protect the car from caving in on itself in the case of a flipover is highly recommended.

I may eventually put that into the rules, I just don't want to dump a load of new rules on the series without seeing a great number of people already having it in place.

Most cars already have some type of bar/cage set up to prevent the car from either a side impact or roof surfing adventure. I believe it would be easier to get everyone to upgrade their own safety equipment by explaining it to them why we would like to see it done and telling them exactly what they need to do rather than just post up a new set of rules for everyone to follow..... Besides, there are only a few cars that do not have this protection, so handling each one case by case also seems more hands on......

spier racing 93
05-25-2009, 09:53 PM
i totally understand, and i plan on putting a rollbar in, but i was just confused because of the way the rules are written when the tech guys told me that i had to have one for the next race